Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket - Spring 2015 (matches against WI, IRE & NZ)

Comments

• Options

Will Pietersen be recalled ?

Hope not.

Does Strauss still think he's a cnut ?

Don't care.
  • Options

Will Pietersen be recalled ? Does Strauss still think he's a cnut ?

One of the things about Strauss is that he is a man with humility and someone who is not going to be worried about his own persona. wouldnt be at all surprised if he just urned round and said, 'whoever are the best players should be playing' - and certainly , despite what Riviera Boycott says, he is one of our best players.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Hope not.

Don't care.
    Thanks for your enlightening contribution Chizz.
  • Options
    I tell you something, if KP is brought back to the fold , he WILL be in top 3 aggregate run-getters this Ashes series.
    Nuff said for me.
  • Options
    edited May 2015

Chizz said:

Hope not.

Don't care.
    You're welcome! In my view, Pieterson is a nasty, spiteful, selfish piece of work. The type of person I would never want as a team-mate, in a long, important series. He may well be among the most talented players of his generation. He may well be "good enough" to get in the team (although which player's career should be left on hold to accommodate him, I don't know). But picking him would alienate the team as well as - I am sure - many of the fans.

And I still don't care what Strauss thinks of him.

What's your view?
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Chizz said:

Hope not.

Don't care.
    You're welcome! In my view, Pieterson is a nasty, spiteful, selfish piece of work. The type of person I would never want as a team-mate, in a long, important series. He may well be among the most talented players of his generation. He may well be "good enough" to get in the team (although which player's career should be left on hold to accommodate him, I don't know). But picking him would alienate the team as well as - I am sure - many of the fans.

What's your view?
    My view hasnt changed Chizz, KP is probably the best we have. We need everything to beat the Aussies.
    Put him in the team , forget past stances or vendettas, coz he'll score more runs than whoever might play instead of him.Simples.
  • Options
    I never said he was shit.
  • Options

Chizz said:

Chizz said:

Hope not.

Don't care.

What's your view?
    My view hasnt changed Chizz, KP is probably the best we have. We need everything to beat the Aussies.
    Put him in the team , forget past stances or vendettas, coz he'll score more runs than whoever might play instead of him.Simples.
    But Bell and Root are two of our best players! Where would you fit him in??
  • Options
    3 - Root 4 - Pietersen 5 - Bell. 12 - Ballance
  • Options
    It's an interesting debate. As a person, I would have Pietersen nowhere near the England set up again but as a cricketer, I'd have him back like a shot as he's still the best player we have in this country.

Apparently, Pietersen is meeting with Strauss this evening. Strauss has his 1st media interview at Lords tomorrow. I'm not sure whether Strauss will be able forgive & forget for the good of the team. Then again, I didn't think he had the balls to sack Moores. Could be interesting
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It was first century for two years.....
  • Options
    As a long shot, KP as an opener. He can't do any worse than the last few people who've been picked for that role, and would provide a good contrast with Cook.

He may not seem like an opening batsman, but neither does David Warner...
  • Options
    In any sports team there will be egos. Would you not have ronaldo in because he is a douche? Of course not.

vaughan got the best out of KP because he managed him well. So did strauss for that matter. he may not have liked him, but he realised he was important for the team and has the ability to change a game (noone elss in the team can really, perhaps apart from butler)

play him against new zealand, if he fails to score then perhaps re-consider. But i suspect he will score and and cement his place. He is a big time player, england need him
  • Options

As a long shot, KP as an opener. He can't do any worse than the last few people who've been picked for that role, and would provide a good contrast with Cook.

He may not seem like an opening batsman, but neither does David Warner...

never in a million years, but I like it. we need a Hayden/Sehwag/Gayle type. Jonathan Trott wasn't that man (though I'd be happy with Hales)
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Riviera said:

I never said he was shit.

I never said you were a bigot.
  • Options
    KP confirmed no future in English cricket. Strauss has big balls.
  • Options
    He is now under BIG pressure from day one. A very bold move which wont go down well with most.

KP knew this morning about a possible meeting tonight. He was on 35, he then went on to score 326 no...under massive pressure. Is this not the sort of player we want? Who under pressure scores big runs?

Stupid decision based on personality and not ability.
  • Options
    How odd. Why would you explicitly meet up with someone to say they have no future?.
    He's gonna have a lot of explaining to do should 1) England fail v NZ and Aus and 2) KP continues to score big runs. Both of which are likely.
  • Options
    You can just imagine the situation, Bell has a couple of failures, then Root has his arm broken by a Johnson bouncer. Call for, er...
  • Options
    300 against Leicestershire as Riviera pointed out is hardly justification that all England needs is KP. Anyway, our batting isnt awful, its the bowling I'm worried about
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

He is now under BIG pressure from day one. A very bold move which wont go down well with most.

KP knew this morning about a possible meeting tonight. He was on 35, he then went on to score 326 no...under massive pressure. Is this not the sort of player we want? Who under pressure scores big runs?

Won't go down well with most who? Why was he under massive pressure? It was a second division county cricket match against a team who couldn't even beat Kent!
    He may be the sort of player we want but certainly not the type of person. He kept it very quiet that his so called release from his IPL contract had a clause that he'd return if his team reached the knockout stage, which they have and he is going back regardless of tonight's meeting and he has signed to play in the West Indies 20/20, Surrey knew about this too but again they kept it quiet from their fans too. Alec Stewart admitted this rather reluctantly this evening. He will miss the next few Surrey four day games, so much for his commitment to county cricket!
  • Options

You can just imagine the situation, Bell has a couple of failures, then Root has his arm broken by a Johnson bouncer. Call for, er...

Colin Cowdrey ?
  • Options

Maybe Riviera Boycott is taking over as motivational coach ?
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

300 against Leicestershire as Riviera pointed out is hardly justification that all England needs is KP. Anyway, our batting isnt awful, its the bowling I'm worried about

Why does it have to be awful? cant we just make it better?
  • Options
    No way should we recall Pietersen. I'd rather lose without him, Disloyal to his team mates. No thanks.
  • Options
    I used to love kp... I wanted Strauss and Vaughan out just so he'd bat... I even don't mind that's he's a nob, as I'll never get go meet him, but I think that the team is worse with him in it. But if I'm wrong, play him
  • Options

No way should we recall Pietersen. I'd rather lose without him, Disloyal to his team mates. No thanks.

Really CE?

What has he actually done ?
  • Options

Really CE?

It's too late in the evening. Google him.

It's a little bit like would I want Charlton to sign Ched Evans. No I wouldn't.
  • Options

Really CE?

It's too late in the evening. Google him.

It's a little bit like would I want Charlton to sign Ched Evans. No I wouldn't.
    Why? Has he been convicted of Rape?