Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket - Spring 2015 (matches against WI, IRE & NZ)

Comments

• 303-4

Cook 113*
    Stokes 54*

Lead by 169.
  • Love watching Stokes bat.
  • Stokes is a cracking player
  • 350-4

Cook 117*
    Stokes 93* (from 78 balls)

Lead by 216.

28 overs left today.
  • edited May 2015
    Test hundred for Ben Stokes. Fastest ever at Lords.

360-4

Stokes 100* (from 85 balls)
    Cook 119*

Lead by 226.
  • edited May 2015
    Stokes is having a blinder, fantastic knock.

Think if 2 gets sorted (and Lyth deserves another chance yet), our batting is not going to be an issue.

The bowling line-up sadly is.
  • edited May 2015

Think if 2 gets sorted (and Lyth deserves another chance yet), our betting is not going to be an issue.

Its a huge bonus that we can go into the Ashes with a 5 man attack. Converting bowling quantity into quality is as you say the next challenge.

• Stokes swipes at it, gets caught at slip off the spinner for 101.

364-5

Lead by 230.
  • Buttler c Latham b Henry 14

389-6

Cook 133*

Lead by 255.
  • 429-6 at day four close of play.

Cook 153*
    Ali 19*

Lead by 295
  • Sponsored links:

• Blimey. First time I've seen Stokes.
    Thought it was Freddie out there with the pads on!
    Well played sir.
  • A great day at the cricket today, the same again tomorrow hopefully!
  • At last some positive play, we look a different team when we are going for it. Now all we need to do is pour some salt on the snail and bring in James Vince for him.
  • What's the odds on turning up and getting tickets for tomorrow?

Do many head down and get turned away?

There are tickets for sale on the day at 9.00 £20

I did it last year for the Sri Lanka test at Lord's - when the game was similarly poised - and the ground was maybe 1/5 full. Hopefully there'll be a bigger crowd this time but there should be no problem getting a ticket.
  • Stokes is having a blinder, fantastic knock.

Think if 2 gets sorted (and Lyth deserves another chance yet), our betting is not going to be an issue.

Its a huge bonus that we can go into the Ashes with a 5 man attack. Converting bowling quantity into quality is as you say the next challenge.

I don't think the bowling is that far away. Wood looks excellent although it is obviously very early days, Stokes has bowled well in this match and was decent in Windies for little return. Spin is the real issue imo. Mo has to produce in this second innings for me otherwise I'd really be pushing for Rashid to start next week.

I did it last year for the Sri Lanka test at Lord's - when the game was similarly poised - and the ground was maybe 1/5 full. Hopefully there'll be a bigger crowd this time but there should be no problem getting a ticket.
    Was that a bank holiday though? People not having to organise a day off work should help sales significantly
  • colthe3rd said:

I don't think the bowling is that far away. Wood looks excellent although it is obviously very early days, Stokes has bowled well in this match and was decent in Windies for little return. Spin is the real issue imo. Mo has to produce in this second innings for me otherwise I'd really be pushing for Rashid to start next week.
    England's spinning spot is wide open. Moeen is the conservative option because his batting strength solidifies the tail but with the emergence of Stokes and Buttler this isn't as important as it was. I'm not sure Rashid is the answer but we need a spinner who can tie up an end and ideally be a dangerous wicket taker. Moeen deserves first crack at the Aussies but if his bowling is taken apart in the opening test we need a plan B.
  • Problem is the lack of a decent plan B!
  • Sponsored links:

• This team is going to need some long term work and today's swallow does not make a summer

However..... very, very impressed with stokes and cook needed that ton.
  • colthe3rd said:

England's spinning spot is wide open. Moeen is the conservative option because his batting strength solidifies the tail but with the emergence of Stokes and Buttler this isn't as important as it was. I'm not sure Rashid is the answer but we need a spinner who can tie up an end and ideally be a dangerous wicket taker. Moeen deserves first crack at the Aussies but if his bowling is taken apart in the opening test we need a plan B.
    Not sure. Say Mo doesn't do much in the 2nd innings, ok we could put it down to typical Lords. Then he plays next week? What if he doesn't take many then? Do we put it down to Headingley not being favourable to spinners? Then that's it. Last test before the Ashes.

I don't want this to sound like I'm having a dig at Mo, I'm not, I like him but I just have concerns whether he can really take enough wickets. Obviously it's a tight balance between wanting to give players experience at test level and not losing matches in the run up to an shes but I'd like Rashid to have some match time if he is the plan B for the Ashes.
  • good come back from england after the usual wobble.

anybody think boult the new zealand bowler looks like a young matt holland?

I think he looks like the kid off fairly odd parents:

• Just leaving for Lord's.

There's the potential for a completely dull day ... or we could witness something memorable, I hope it's the latter!
  • Anyone there shed some light on the queue situation ? Thinking of getting there for 1pm but if it's unlikely then will pop down to Beckenham to watch Kent...
  • Trevor Bayliss to be appointed new England coach.
  • The story so far this morning:

Cook out nicking an inside edge (reviewed having been given not out) for 162. Broad pulls a ball for six and is then bowled backing away for 10.

467-8 and a lead of 333

Let's hope we're all out soon because that could make for an excellent day's play.
  • Ali out LBW 43.

478-9 and a lead of 344
  • Anderson bowled for a duck giving Boult 5-85

N Z need 345 off a minimum of 77 overs (weather permitting).
  • Anderson get his 399th wicket by dismissing Guptill (caught by Ballance in the slips)

0-1