Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket - Spring 2015 (matches against WI, IRE & NZ)

Comments

• Options

I just had a look & there are plenty of tickets left.
    I could go, but I know it will **** down, if I do.

I got tickets last week from axs. There were lots of different ticket outlets selling tickets for this game. I thought it was a bit strange as I thought you'd only be able to get them directly from the oval/Surrey website!
  • Options
    Can David Willey play tomorrow, just smashed 24 off of a Dilshan over. Bowled nicely earlier as well?
  • Options
    CHG said:

Can David Willey play tomorrow, just smashed 24 off of a Dilshan over. Bowled nicely earlier as well?

I believe he can, but unlikely to play.
  • Options
    Willey 51 off 21 balls.
  • Options
    21 ball 50, he has been released just for tonight so you are right, and like you say, can't see him coming in, even though he could replace Jordan without effecting the balance of the team.
  • Options
    He is looking very good indeed. Sensible of england letting him play tonight
  • Options
    Off to Kent/Hampshire tonight
  • Options
    Big_Bob said:

Off to Kent/Hampshire tonight

Me too with Seb and a couple of old work colleagues though will probably have to assess the storm front along the way!
  • Options
    Off to the Oval now, just got my ticket yesterday. Weather looks good although could get a thunderstorm at 2!
    there were very few tickets left on oval website by time I got on yesterday
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    England unchanged - NZ win toss and bat.
  • Options

Good. Bearing in mind the possible rain interuptions later, I think they made the wrong call.

Batting 2nd we can adjust ourselves, knowing our possibly changing targets & NZ will have to bowl with a wet ball.

(NZ will now score more than 400 & totally thrash us).
  • Options

Good. Bearing in mind the possible rain interuptions later, I think they made the wrong call.

Batting 2nd we can adjust ourselves, knowing our possibly changing targets & NZ will have to bowl with a wet ball.

Agreed. McCullum admitted he decided wrongly to field in the first ODI and he might well have done so again.
  • Options
    Hmm, Baz just starting to get going. Ominous
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    No idea about Baz, but McCallum is thrashing Finn & Jordan all round the park.

England, back to bowling too short (as per). Pitch it up you useless *******s.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    McCallum c Stokes b Plunkett 39 off 22

Good change of bowling, although 10 mins too late.

61-1 7.2 overs
  • Options
    Matt Prior commentating? Christ, why?
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Guptill c Jordan b Stokes 50 off 54

114-2 18 overs
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Why not?
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Leuth said:

Why not?
    I think Prior is doing well, adding some decent insight.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:

It's a warm up for the Ashes when he is going to be in the co-commentating with KP.

• Options

Buttler and Billings are the future.

I think Buttler's making quite a good case that he's the one for right now.

That's not to say that Buttler (or Billings for that matter) won't play as a batsman alone. Certainly, as we've seen in this last ODI, there is room for two (or more) keepers.

As long as they are batsmen first and foremost. And that is the case in the modern game because any County player who isn't capable of batting in the top six simply won't play. The likes of a modern day Bob Taylor wouldn't even get a trial in a county set up.
    And as if to illustrate the point, Surrey in their most recent CC match had no less than five keepers in their team - Wilson, Burns, Foakes, Sangakkara and Davies albeit that the last named has now permanently given up the gloves.
    This is a fair point but with Surrey only really Wilson and Foakes can be considered keepers! As you say Davies has given up the gloves, burns hasn't regularly kept since youth cricket and has only done it occasionally in second xi games and is not considered good enough! And sanga has said he doesn't want to keep whilst at Surrey! But yes the point still stands so this is an entirely pointless post!
  • Options

Well, they say double the score after 30 overs is a good guide.
    NZ were 210-2 after 30.
  • Options

That's not to say that Buttler (or Billings for that matter) won't play as a batsman alone. Certainly, as we've seen in this last ODI, there is room for two (or more) keepers.

As long as they are batsmen first and foremost. And that is the case in the modern game because any County player who isn't capable of batting in the top six simply won't play. The likes of a modern day Bob Taylor wouldn't even get a trial in a county set up.
    And as if to illustrate the point, Surrey in their most recent CC match had no less than five keepers in their team - Wilson, Burns, Foakes, Sangakkara and Davies albeit that the last named has now permanently given up the gloves.
    This is a fair point but with Surrey only really Wilson and Foakes can be considered keepers! As you say Davies has given up the gloves, burns hasn't regularly kept since youth cricket and has only done it occasionally in second xi games and is not considered good enough! And sanga has said he doesn't want to keep whilst at Surrey! But yes the point still stands so this is an entirely pointless post!
    Canters - you been on the sauce again ???!!!
    This is the England thread, not Surrey. !!
  • Options

Canters - you been on the sauce again ???!!!
    This is the England thread, not Surrey. !!
    I was replying to his point about keepers being batsman first! But then came to the conclusion my post was pointless anyway! Sorry! :p

And in answer to your question it is rare if I'm not on the sauce!!
  • Options
    NZ 228-2 off 33.3 .
    England will feel pleased if they keep them below 370.
  • Options

NZ 228-2 off 33.3 .
    England will feel pleased if they keep them below 370.

Failure to pick up regular wickets it seems...
  • Options
    235-3

Williamson c Plunkett b Stokes 93 off 88
  • Options
    18 off Jordans over - he's running at circa 9 an over, i've always said it , but he doesnt have 'it' - incredible slip fielder , but just a dobba bowler and no batting.
  • Options
    Jordans next over goes 11664W
    Jordan now doing at 11 an over !