Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket - Spring 2015 (matches against WI, IRE & NZ)

Comments

• Options
    16 from 2
  • Options
    14 from 1
  • Options
    NZ win by 13 runs on Duckworth Lewis.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    So the scores if the five match series stand at:

ENG 1, NZ 0, D/L 1

:-)
  • Options
    Ridiculous decision why couldn't they have carried on to fifty overs. The result might have been the same but I and many others would feel a lot better about losing.
  • Options
    ludicrous.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Feel the Saffers were hard done by, by the Duckworth Lewis.

I know when it was introduced they had analaysed all previous games to work out what the revised targets should be, but think that the game has changed so much in last 2 years even, that you now expect 100 off last ten overs.

Maybe they need to tweak it by looking at more recent scoring patterns.

Quote from me during World Cup after SA/NZ GAME.
  • Options
    Bloody ridiculous end to the game. I feared as much, with the weather forecast & glad I decided not to go.

Shame, because it was a great game.
  • Options
    What a day. What a game. Felt we were in with a chance right up until the rain came. I really believe in this new England team
    Keep playing like that & they'll win a lot more than they lose. Time for bed now as I drank far too much. Onwards and upwards
  • Options
    A real shame that the rain came when it did, as it was such a good game that it deserved a proper finish, one in which one team won fair and square, not on some weird calculation. Especially annoying when they could easily have gone on until 10 to finish it properly, the conditions were fine for both teams once the rain had stopped.

Two great batting performances, two less impressive bowling performances, but that's being churlish!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Really feel for the players after the D/L farce. I hope it doesn't weigh them down in the next game.
  • Options
    Well, that was dumb. Why couldn't they just have played the few extra overs? We'd had to suffer NZ's ludicrous time-wasting - adjusting the fielding positions every single ball - to ensure that rain came earlier in our innings than it might otherwise have done. The match officials should have the means within the rules to make decisions on the hoof (with agreement of the teams perhaps) and just played the few extra overs. Yet again, no consideration for the people that pay to go and watch. A farce.
  • Options
    Dunno if anybody was watching the pre-match interview with Paul ALlott and Jacques Rudolf prior to the Glam v SOm 20/20 game today - but the Glam boys were practising catching behind the cameras when a stray ball hit Allott straight on the knee and he grimaced badly and said a bad word live on air ! (and it wasnt 'Australia' ).
    I'll see if i can dig it out of youtube and post later.
  • Options
    Jordan and Plunkett ruled out for the rest of the ODI series. Craig Overton of Somerset called up as a replacement
  • Options
    Will be good to see Overton in action, if he comes into the side that is.

Willey, Overton and Wood (who impressed in the test series) will be the three players contesting the two openings in the bowling attack.

We could even see all three of them if the management haven't liked what they've seen of Billings in his two innings so far. As a Kent fan, I hope it doesn't come to that though!
  • Options
    Overton will be a very good player.
  • Options
    Which Overton do you reckon will be the best one?
  • Options
    England win toss & bat 1st.

Willey and Wood in for Plunkett and Jordan
  • Options
    Two wickets lost in three balls.

34-2. Both Root and Morgan have yet to face.
  • Options
    50 for Root. Such a good cricketer in all formats of the game.

England 133-2 off 23 overs
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    170-3 off 30.
    They normally say double the score after 30, so 340 is score we should be looking for.
  • Options
    Ben Stokes 50 no off 32.
    240-5 off 38
  • Options
    267-5off 40
    Billings 22 (10)
    Stokes 58 (37)
  • Options
    Billings smashing it all over the park. Great to see!
  • Options
    Billings out for 34 off 16 - good cameo.
  • Options
    England collapse 301-9 off 45.
  • Options
    302 all out only using 45.2 overs.
  • Options
    Think we are 30-40 runs short.

Playing the way we are now, lower order batting collapses will happen now and again.
  • Options
    Pleased for Billings .. BUT .. The England batsmen were a bit too naïve and overambitious at the finish .. still, better than blocking out the last 5 overs
  • Options
    Good opening couple of overs from Willey ..1-3 and getting it to swing.
    Thank god he's playing instead of Tossa Jordan.