Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket - Spring 2015 (matches against WI, IRE & NZ)

Comments

• Options

You need as many young spinners as possible and it might be best to play the one who is on form, however ridiculous that sounds. Both Rashid and Ali are exciting players with bags of potential. The same as filling you one day side with players who can hit big and improvise, which seemed a ridiculous suggestion for the past 4 years unknowledgable cricket fans have been calling for it! My next ridiculous suggestion is to fill the test team with big hitters - that might take another 4 years to catch on!

I'd pick both in a 1 day squad. I'm not sure either have a fantastic test future as bowlers, although there are no serious alternatives
  • Options
    Not a Kent fan unlike many here but surprised Sam Northeast isn't getting a T20 after his exploits this season
  • Options
    Put Botham in charge - sack the rest and let him pick his people. Cricket would move forwards pretty quickly if that happened.
  • Options
    we almost won the second one dayer so could be 3-1 up but neverthe less a great performance and so refreshing to watch.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    It's amazing what a difference a few good performances & a change in philosophy can make.

Kevin who??
  • Options
    KP should be available for selection - it is about how you go about it. The people who run the game and think he shouldn't are the problem. That isn't to say he shouldn't earn his place in the side.
  • Options

KP should be available for selection - it is about how you go about it. The people who run the game and think he shouldn't are the problem. That isn't to say he shouldn't earn his place in the side.

It was just a throw away comment. For the record, I still think he should be in the test team!
  • Options
    I would break my own rule and kick Cook out - I think he deserves a place in the team as an opener, but the capatncy has ruined him and he is a terrible captain and won't take us forward. And being captain has gone to his head- to the point where he still thinks he has a role to play in the one day side. Get rid and the next England captain, captains on the pitch and has no say outside of it. If he doesn't like a team mate - tough - he gets on with his f'ing job!
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Not a Kent fan unlike many here but surprised Sam Northeast isn't getting a T20 after his exploits this season

Another 90 for him against Essex tonight.
  • Options

never, he's such a tosser better off without him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I still think we should bring back KP and Ballance.
  • Options

I still think we should bring back KP and Ballance.

What XI would you select with Ballance and KP in the team?
  • Options
    England win the toss & will bowl first.

Buttler (injured webbing) is replaced by Bairstow.
  • Options

While Bairstow is playing very well, strange that Billings isn't given a chance to take the gloves
  • Options

Has he got hands like a duck's feet?
  • Options
    The start was delayed by 20 mins, due to a light rain shower.

NZ 7-1

McCallum b Finn 6 1 over.
  • Options
    They just showed Peter Willey on TV. He hardly aged in 30 years. Life's not fair.

65-1 11 overs.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    150-3 after exactly 30 overs.

Williamson gone first for 50 (b Stokes FOW 101-2) and now Guptill for 67 (c Bairstow b Stokes FOW 150-3).
  • Options
    well done the ginger nuts ((:>)
  • Options

They just showed Peter Willey on TV. He hardly aged in 30 years. Life's not fair.

65-1 11 overs.

Was he sitting sideways on his seat :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2015
    155-4

Santner 2 (b Rashid)

Great spin bowling.
  • Options
    210-5

Elliot 35 st Bairstow b Rashid
  • Options
    212-6

Taylor 47 c Bairstow b Willey
  • Options
    good spell from Rashid, what a difference a damp day and greenish wicket make .. The Ashes .. we made a mistake in allocating the 5 test grounds .. nothing north of Nottingham, all the games at grounds with fast, flat pitches where the Aussies will make hay .. more testing for the Australians and better for our bowlers would be tests at Durham, Leeds and Manchester
  • Options
    219-7

Ronchi 2 c Morgan b Willey
  • Options
    244-8

Southee 18 b Stokes
  • Options
    267-9

Henry 12 c Stokes b Finn
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    NZ finish on 283-9

Scored 48 runs from the last 4 overs.
  • Options
    Good end to innings for Wheeler - impressed with his bowling too.
  • Options
    Looks like its raining now though