Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket - Spring 2015 (matches against WI, IRE & NZ)

Comments

• terrific bowling so far from three genuine pace bowlers .. nice left arm variety from Willey... Wood must be a cert for the Ashes
  • Credit to New Zealand. They're making this run chase look easy. I don't even think 350 would've been enough. They really are a great 1 day side. Fair play
  • Out of nowhere, NZ are 290-6 and England have a sniff.

NZ are still massive favourites though, only 13 runs to win with four overs to spare.
  • Only 1 run from Wood's final over.

291-6: 12 from 3 overs required.
  • Had to go to Root having bowled all the front line bowlers. Ronchi nails a six and runs the ball down the pitch to get off strike, then Wheeler takes two from a sweep shot down to fine leg.

300-6: 3 from 2 overs required.
  • edited June 2015
    300-7.

Stokes deceives Ronchi with a slower ball. Only the bowlers are there to see it through.

3 required from 11 deliveries.
  • NZ limp over the line but with a boundary. Southee picks a slower ball and lofts it over cover for four runs.

NZ win by three wickets and with six balls to spare.
  • England shot themselves in the foot by not batting out those last 4 overs. I'm all for attacking, but you need to be sensible. If they'd ticked along at 6 an over rather than swinging madly those extra 20-25 runs would have been enough.
  • As soon as Rashid was out, Stokes had to make sure he saw the 50 overs out, very poor decision making.
  • Got to remember this is a young side, and in some ways making mistakes like they did today will help in the long run.

I'm liking this new team though. It will take time to develop, but we havr some very good players and potentially a very long batting line up - which is important in the modern ODI
  • Sponsored links:

• Fuck this new way, go back to grinding
  • I'm am more encouraged by the current squad and attitude than I have been as far as England ODI is concerned in almost 25 years. Just need to change the captain.
    Shame it has taken so long to realise the game has changed.
  • England have now called up Jamie Overton as a replacement for Plunkett and joined his twin Craig in the squad.
  • England have now called up Jamie Overton as a replacement for Plunkett and joined his twin Craig in the squad.

let's hope that the Overtons develop careers as good as the Waugh twins
  • NZ won the toss & bat.
  • Boring first 8 overs!!! 46-0
  • edited June 2015
    88-1

McCallum c Buttler b Wood 35

13 overs

Finn & Willey didn't look like taking a wicket and were so predictable. Morgan should have changed the bowling earlier.
  • I think we will be chasing 350 plus.
  • Brilliant catch from Finn to dismiss Guptill
  • That's a great catch by Finn
  • Sponsored links:

• Wood is a very good bowler. Have a feeling he will be England's next premier bowler. Must play in the Ashes
  • 140-2 23 overs
  • Looking like a very big score here
  • Taylor lbw Finn 42

217-3
  • 250-4 41 overs

Williamson c Rashid b Willey 90
  • edited June 2015
    Ronchi c Stokes b Willey 8

271-5 43.4 overs
  • I think we will be chasing 350 plus.

And we will be chasing exactly 350. Wish I could predict the winners at Royal Ascot like that!
  • England 69-0 off 8 overs and rain has stopped play
  • Frustrating as we have started so well. Need to keep ahead of the D/L score this time though
  • I know its on the scoreboard but i wish they would put the D/L or DLS as its now known, on the tv screen.