Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that confuse you

Comments

• Options

T.C.E said:

T.C.E said:

T.C.E said:

Why my scales give me my best weight loss the day after my sunday weigh in and then tell me Ive put it back on again. Do they really hate me that much?
    Signed
    Anorexic of Minster

Where did it go so wrong?image
    When soggy biscuit goes wrong.
    Not even sure that's worth a lol.
    He's over on the pancake thread now trying to get laugh's. ;)
  • Options
    Why some cars don't have a rear wiper.
  • Options
    Talal said:

Why some cars don't have a rear wiper.

They're called convertibles.
  • Options
    Fans who cheer when a goal goes in after a flag has clearly been raised. I remember doing it as a kid as you were a bit slow on the uptake and didn't know to watch the officials etc but how do so many adults still do it? On Saturday Bauer (?) put the ball in the net a good few seconds after the whistle had gone yet hundreds of people jumped up and cheered.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

Fans who cheer when a goal goes in after a flag has clearly been raised. I remember doing it as a kid as you were a bit slow on the uptake and didn't know to watch the officials etc but how do so many adults still do it? On Saturday Bauer (?) put the ball in the net a good few seconds after the whistle had gone yet hundreds of people jumped up and cheered.

They're just practising in case we ever score a real goal
  • Options

Confused as to why my Mrs weren't happy with the dozen red roses I got her for Moonpig Day

No, she doesn't look very happy.
  • Options

Private numberplates.

Without exception, their owners immediately peg themselves as a dickhead.

Pop down and tell them. ;)image
  • Options

Private numberplates.

Ahem.
  • Options
    Why my Mrs needs the tv so loud?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Why people come to Portugal and buy CDs from a South American using a Greek instrument to play tunes written by a Swedish band?
  • Options

Private numberplates.

Poor Pope with his Vatican City 1 plates...
  • Options

Why people come to Portugal and buy CDs from a South American using a Greek instrument to play tunes written by a Swedish band?

Multicultural appreciation?
  • Options
    Although if said Swedish band is ABBA, the purchaser in question is obviously an idiot.
  • Options
    Not sure if this story has reached the UK yet, but how can some horrible fucker gain entry to a French zoo at night, shoot a white rhino and saw its horns off without being detected?
  • Options

Not sure if this story has reached the UK yet, but how can some horrible fucker gain entry to a French zoo at night, shoot a white rhino and saw its horns off without being detected?

It has.

Shocking, brazen and disgusting.
  • Options

Remainers Algarve. All of them !!!
  • Options
    Being unsure of Internet name etiquette practices.

Should you always use the 'handle' of the person and is it a faux pas to use their real first names (especially if you don't actually know them in reality but even if you do).

For instance I know Algarve's real name but I have never met him. If I called him by his name is that considered rude? or what about if I called NorthStandSteve just Steve? Is the fact his name is in his handle (I presume) does that mean it is acceptable to drop it into the conversation?

Confused of Lungshire.

• Options
    MrOneLung said:

Being unsure of Internet name etiquette practices.

Should you always use the 'handle' of the person and is it a faux pas to use their real first names (especially if you don't actually know them in reality but even if you do).

For instance I know Algarve's real name but I have never met him. If I called him by his name is that considered rude? or what about if I called NorthStandSteve just Steve? Is the fact his name is in his handle (I presume) does that mean it is acceptable to drop it into the conversation?

Confused of Lungshire.

If it helps, I'm not going under this lot, so you can definitely just call me Neil.
  • Options

Although if said Swedish band is ABBA, the purchaser in question is obviously an idiot.

Of course it's Abba, hardly likely to be The Hives Neil... :smiley:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2017
    MrOneLung said:

Remainers Algarve. All of them !!!
    Damn those intellectuals...
  • Options

Of course it's Abba, hardly likely to be The Hives Neil... :smiley:
    Could have been Roxette :wink:
  • Options
    This new takeover rumour. Not as frightful as some think, but I'm no less cautious.
  • Options
    FFS, he's still building his network ;)
  • Options
    As a life long dunker I can assure you this information should be ignored.
  • Options
    How women keep a straight face when after spending 14 hours getting ready for a night out, they cone downstairs ten minutes before you need to go out and tell you you 'need to grt ready quickly, we need to leave in a minute'.
  • Options
    Lucas electrical systems. Have had my MG for 20 years. When I got it, the reversing lights didn't work. It's a ball ache to repair the switch activated by the gearbox and it's not an MOT failure so haven't bothered. Was reversing out of the garage yesterday and noticed a reflection on the door. Checked and the lights are now working.