Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that confuse you

Comments

• Options
    The bobble on a bobble hat.
  • Options
    How do antique traders make a living?

Whenever I catch one of the myriad of BBC's antique type programs, it normally depicts one ferreting away through a pile of junk, to later emerge triumphant, clutching an object that’ll make ‘em about 12 quid at auction.

They need to be making at least £500 a week to hit the UK average of £26,500. Are they all on the social security, or do they keep their gems underwraps?
  • Options
    edited February 2017

Whenever I catch one of the myriad of BBC's antique type programs, it normally depicts one ferreting away through a pile of junk, to later emerge triumphant, clutching an object that’ll make ‘em about 12 quid at auction.

They need to be making at least £500 a week to hit the UK average of £26,500. Are they all on the social security, or do they keep their gems underwraps?

Id imagine the traders you see on TV its their hobby. They are small local auctions, whereas Christies South Kensington have weekly Interior auctions with around 700 lots, with most objects selling for over £1000. Professional Traders will earn more than enough from those.
  • Options
    The new pedestrian green man signal which now faces inwards whilst you are crossing and therefore cannot see whether its changed to red.
  • Options

They've all got a sideline in knocking out gear to the presenters...

Thanks Rodders, I knew there was a conspiracy going on and you've provided the documented evidence. Absolute scandal.
  • Options
    Cup final:
    Red and White vs White and Red
  • Options
    Why the Best places to eat in SE London thread keeps disappearing?
  • Options
    Confused as to how Sky TV can afford to spend ⅓ of their entire operating budget just writing to me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stig said:

Confused as to how Sky TV can afford to spend ⅓ of their entire operating budget just writing to me.

Confused how you did that third sign.
  • Options
    Why people spend good money on Rod Stewart tickets at the O2 then spend most of their time disturbing other audience members walking up and down the row so they can buy drinks, popcorn and the like.

If they want to spend the concert queuing in the Foyer that's their prerogative but don't disturb others in the row whilst doing it.
  • Options
    edited February 2017

1/3

Just to annoy you... ⅓ ... ;)
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Why people spend good money on Rod Stewart tickets at the O2 then spend most of their time disturbing other audience members walking up and down the row so they can buy drinks, popcorn and the like.

If they want to spend the concert queuing in the Foyer that's their prerogative but don't disturb others in the row whilst doing it.

Just ask Rod to turn it up so you can't hear them!
  • Options

Stig said:

Confused how you did that third sign.
    The ⅓ sign isn't bad, but I prefer this one personally: ⅞
  • Options

LenGlover said:

Why people spend good money on Rod Stewart tickets

I didn't!

It was a present, primarily for my wife, and I was chosen to accompany her.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

LenGlover said:

I didn't!

What did you do wrong? Mrs GA went on Sunday, thankfully her mum went with her.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LenGlover said:

LenGlover said:

I didn't!

She's lucky to have you Len!
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

LenGlover said:

I didn't!

Some guys have all the luck............ ;)
  • Options
    I went with my wife and she went to get up halfway through. I told her to stay with me.
  • Options
    Why my scales give me my best weight loss the day after my sunday weigh in and then tell me Ive put it back on again. Do they really hate me that much?
    Signed
    Insecure of Minster

• Options

T.C.E said:

Why my scales give me my best weight loss the day after my sunday weigh in and then tell me Ive put it back on again. Do they really hate me that much?
    Signed
    Anorexic of Minster

• Options
    T.C.E said:

T.C.E said:

Signed
    Anorexic of Minster

Where did it go so wrong?image
  • Options

T.C.E said:

T.C.E said:

T.C.E said:

Signed
    Anorexic of Minster

Where did it go so wrong?image
    When soggy biscuit goes wrong.
    Not even sure that's worth a lol.