Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that confuse you

Comments

• Options
    No, it's bollocks.
  • Options

More "puzzled" than confused. How/why does something like a packet of biscuits have such a specific "Best before" date on it? Just opened some chocolate digestives with BB 14/01/17 on them. I mean, I get "BB end of..." dates, and a specific date for something fresh that will be stale in three days, but choccy biccies?

They'll not taste as good after the BB date & will gradually start to go stale.
    What like a switch is hit on that specific day?
    That was the point I was making, CE takes it more literally than me I guess...
  • Options
    “Best before” dates appear on foods that have a longer shelf life, such as biscuits, crisps and dried pulses. They indicate how long the food will be at its best quality for. Eating food past its “best before” date is unlikely to be harmful.

http://www.nhs.uk/news/2012/06june/Pages/use-by-best-before-dates.aspx
  • Options
    Best before is about quality
    Use before is about safety
  • Options
    Uncles.
  • Options
    The fact that Cliff Richards cannot afford to buy a decent syrup.The one he's got looks like it was bought in a joke shop.
  • Options
    How Bob Geldof is worth 150 million from being a Boom Town Rat
  • Options

why is there a bust of Emile Heskey in the white house?

And another of Daniel Day Lewis.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Why Sleepless in Seattle is considered romantic.

As far as I can see, a man's sons emotionally blackmails him into meeting up with a crazy stalker lady.
  • Options
    @cobbles was saying same thing to me the other day.
  • Options

The fact that Cliff Richards cannot afford to buy a decent syrup.The one he's got looks like it was bought in a joke shop.

The fact that after about 100 years in showbiz people still can't get his name right.

It's not rockets science... :wink:
    Harry Webb?
  • Options
    The sudden dive in poster's ability to type over the last couple of days.
  • Options
    When my 16 year old sister (half my own age) uses such words as "fleek", "lit", "on point" and "sick" - What does it all mean?!?! Surely I'm not past it already with our English language :disappointed:
  • Options

The fact that after about 100 years in showbiz people still can't get his name right.

It's not rockets science... :wink:
    Harry Webb?
    Harry Webbs?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How on earth do they calculate train prices? I just had to book tickets for a work trip to Manchester. A day return was priced at £300, but by doing an overnighter and booking two singles the price drops to £80. Madness.
  • Options

People who are prepared to queue up to buy a pair of plimsolls.

Especially when they then get arsey about it on a football forum....

Although in my defence........
  • Options
    Great, can't wait
  • Options
    You've been ripped off mate!!
  • Options

We can't all rock Lonsdale plimsolls mate
    I can't keep up with all these changes in fashion.... I thought
    Lonsdale made belts.
  • Options
    edited November 2016

Nah only wear plimsolls in the summer... Adidas trainers for me actually just prefer proper white / grey ones

• Options

Nah only wear plimsolls in the summer... Adidas trainers for me actually just prefer proper white / grey ones

Yo, @ForeverAddickted they are the same as mine. Nice to we are both trendsetters. ;)
  • Options
    T.C.E said:

Yo, @ForeverAddickted they are the same as mine. Nice to we are both trendsetters. ;)