Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that confuse you

Comments

• Options
    It is when someone has posted something that they may regret or have double posted so they edit it to just a . so that the post no longer shows.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

It is when someone has posted something that they may regret or have double posted so they edit it to just a . so that the post no longer shows.

Ah, thanks! I thought that was it.

And thanks to DaveMehmet.....
  • Options
    I come on this site morning, noon and night. I haven't missed a day for months on end. How come I keep stumbling across threads with dozens of unread posts? I just don't see how I could have missed them.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    How anyone can think that we won't play in the Euro's, or be in Europe anymore if we leave the EU.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

How anyone can think that we won't play in the Euro's, or be in Europe anymore if we leave the EU.

I have seen Brexiters claim that as we are an island we are not part of Europe anyway, and as such don't belong in the EU.
  • Options

Dazzler21 said:

I have seen Brexiters claim that as we are an island we are not part of Europe anyway, and as such don't belong in the EU.
    Are you sure you ain't just made that up?
  • Options
    Ukrainian uses the Cyrillic alphabet, doesn't it? And referee will use the shirt number as reference. So why are the names on the shirt in the Latin alphabet?

I've just realised the same thing applies to Russia, Greece, Serbia and Japan. Why only one alphabet used?
  • Options
    IA said:

Ukrainian uses the Cyrillic alphabet, doesn't it? And referee will use the shirt number as reference. So why are the names on the shirt in the Latin alphabet?

I've just realised the same thing applies to Russia, Greece, Serbia and Japan. Why only one alphabet used?

I THINK they use a set letter and number template (like the prem/championship etc) for the tournament but qualifying you just use your kit suppliers template
  • Options
    IA said:

я не знаю
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

IA said:

я не знаю
    Σας ευχαριστώ για τη βοήθειά σας
  • Options
    IA said:

IA said:

я не знаю
    Σας ευχαριστώ για τη βοήθειά σας
    Пожалуйста
  • Options
    Imagine the commentators trying to pronounce any of that. They struggle enough with the name Kross.
  • Options

Dazzler21 said:

No - I have seen stupid little memes that emphasise the point too Rob. A big arrow pointing at Britain with "This is our island" and another saying "THIS is Europe" - that kind of thing...
  • Options
  • Options

Dazzler21 said:

No - I have seen stupid little memes that emphasise the point too Rob. A big arrow pointing at Britain with "This is our island" and another saying "THIS is Europe" - that kind of thing...
    Beard
  • Options

Dazzler21 said:

Beard
    No, but I could do with a shave...
  • Options
    Those fat heavy half litre glasses of Hoegaarden that are awkward to pick up.
  • Options
    Why is anything in the hour past midnight called 12? It's zero...
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Why is anything in the hour past midnight called 12? It's zero...

Well its also know as 12;30am / 9:30pm unless you were in the Army ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Life man!
  • Options

Life man!

The guy you draw naked?
  • Options

Those fat heavy half litre glasses of Hoegaarden that are awkward to pick up.

That's deliberate to encourage people to drink real beer instead :wink:
  • Options
    When a club like Barcelona let their rivals (Man City) sign their Goalkeeper (Bravo) because they're signing another Goalkeeper (Cillessen) themselves

Erm wouldnt it be better to ignore going for Bravo and try to sign Cillessen yourselves... Especially as I'm sure Barcelona feel they're strengthening themselves and are trying to weaken a rival?
  • Options

When a club like Barcelona let their rivals (Man City) sign their Goalkeeper (Bravo) because they're signing another Goalkeeper (Cillessen) themselves

Erm wouldnt it be better to ignore going for Bravo and try to sign Cillessen yourselves... Especially as I'm sure Barcelona feel they're strengthening themselves and are trying to weaken a rival?

For a start, Barca are only signing Cillessen as back up as they want Ter Stegen to step up and replace Bravo, whereas City want a new first choice.

Even if that wasn't the case, different managers rate players differently?
  • Options
    Watching the championship goals and not recognising Ewood Park
  • Options

Watching the championship goals and not recognising Ewood Park

Had exactly the same problem tonight
  • Options
    Irrespective of any religious belief (Adam and Eve and all that) basic biology tells you that he human species must have evolved originally from the procreation of a man and woman. In other words two people.

Yet I have two parents, four grandparents, eight great grandparents etc doubling up the further I go back.

When and how do I get to the original two?
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Irrespective of any religious belief (Adam and Eve and all that) basic biology tells you that he human species must have evolved originally from the procreation of a man and woman. In other words two people.

Yet I have two parents, four grandparents, eight great grandparents etc doubling up the further I go back.

Hint: The Norwich Family song.

Though if you believe in evolution (and in this day and age I'd be surprised if you didn't), then it wouldn't start with two people.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Because you are starting from a singularity at the wrong end of the tree.