Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that confuse you

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2016
    The fact that IT bods, software engineers etc often appear to be and are portrayed as anti social figures lacking people skills.

Yet I assume those self same people successfully develop predictive software and algorithms etc which, by definition to work efficiently, must require a certain knowledge of human behaviour and empathy.
  • Options
    This furore over Joseph Fiennes playing Michael Jackson:

variety.com/2016/tv/news/joseph-fiennes-michael-jackson-casting-diversity-hollywood-whitewashing-1201690020/

I could understand if it was a 70s Michael Jackson, but in 2001 he was pastier than Mick Hucknall.
  • Options
    edited March 2016

Ploughman's Lunch.

Why pay for a sandwich they can't even be arsed to put together for you?

It's like ordering a pepperoni pizza and being given a pizza base, a tomato, a block of cheese and a sausage.

It's just a plate of pickle

Gourmet burgers as well - it's just a glorified cheeseburger.
  • Options

Ploughman's Lunch.

It's like ordering a pepperoni pizza and being given a pizza base, a tomato, a block of cheese and a sausage.

So fillet steak is just glorified braising steak then? :wink:
  • Options
    Chinese take away menu. I always end up with no sauce on anything!
  • Options

Ploughman's Lunch.

Depends where you buy it.
  • Options

Ploughman's Lunch.

Depends where you buy it.
    Morrisons im certain just throw any bit of the bovine out as fillet. Their fillet is offensively bad. Really felt bad for a cow giving it's life to be desecrated by morrisons like that
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Doing some bite training with JJ (unsuccessfully) due to the presence of our other two dogs, when it got a bit chilly so I put another top on (Thanks Mum) Suddenly everything starting working well. Confused as to why?imageimage
  • Options
    The current TV advert for 'new Live Photos' on your phone.

We've had them for years. They're called videos.
  • Options
    I know that technology has evolved a lot but was watching the West Ham v Man Utd replay on the BBC the other week and they showed Joe Cole scoring one of his first goals.

That wasnt what confused me... Instead the picture quality looked terrible...

It seems as though whenever there are highlights these days from past matches, the picture gets edited to make it look old, whilst they photo-shopped the ground so it looked like it was from the 80s.

In a couple of years time the Sergio Aguero title winning goal will be shown, it'll brought to you by Pathe, will be in black and white whilst the Man City crowd will be this lot going mental!!

• Options
    Jarman said:

Kendall & Kylie Jenner. Just what is the fascination?!

Hmm good question... until I googled it.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Jarman said:

Kendall & Kylie Jenner. Just what is the fascination?!

Hmm good question... until I googled it.
    I thought it was going to be Howard Kendall and Kylie minogue having a centre circle experience. Very dissapointed.
  • Options
    Life, the meaning of life, and, generally everything.
  • Options
    1) when you see/meet someone and you are not 100% sure whether they are male or female
    2) whe you communicate with someone in business by email and then find they are the opposite gender when you meet them.
  • Options

I know that technology has evolved a lot but was watching the West Ham v Man Utd replay on the BBC the other week and they showed Joe Cole scoring one of his first goals.

That wasnt what confused me... Instead the picture quality looked terrible...

It seems as though whenever there are highlights these days from past matches, the picture gets edited to make it look old, whilst they photo-shopped the ground so it looked like it was from the 80s.

In a couple of years time the Sergio Aguero title winning goal will be shown, it'll brought to you by Pathe, will be in black and white whilst the Man City crowd will be this lot going mental!!

It's a case of us all being spoilt. People will look back on a few years time and think how horrible normal HD looked back in the day.
  • Options

The amount of effort scum fans have gone too on social media laughing at our relegation, making posters etc, when this whole time I was under the impression that they don't care about us???!!

"Charlton fans don't like us. We're obsessed."
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2016

1) when you see/meet someone and you are not 100% sure whether they are male or female

So you ask them their name & they say Chris :-)

A couple of seasons ago, we'd been to an away game and were in the pub afterwards.

There was someone sitting on a table close by & we had a total split on what gender, we thought they were. (Not that it matters, we were just intrigued).

Anyway, I had a bright idea. We'll wait until they go to the loo.

2 rounds, 1 hour later, they hadn't been and then they left the pub. Boo.
  • Options
    Victoria Wood
  • Options
    Please tell me that's fake.
  • Options
    I'm hoping it's a charity thing.
  • Options
    Apparently it's part of a new Nivea sponsorship deal.
  • Options
    buckshee said:

Victoria Wood

This post.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

The fact that IT bods, software engineers etc often appear to be and are portrayed as anti social figures lacking people skills.

Yet I assume those self same people successfully develop predictive software and algorithms etc which, by definition to work efficiently, must require a certain knowledge of human behaviour and empathy.

You would think so, and yet...

Being serious, the old days of the shut-in developer/IT person are ending. Increasingly you have to have communication and people skills beyond coding. A lot of software/IT is very binary (pun intended), so traditionally it's not a field that attracts people like myself who think that life is one big grey area up for negotiation. Again, with Agile and self-empowered teams (all part of my secret plan to institute workplace democracy), we're seeing that those types of people need to be able to interact within a group setting.
  • Options
    A solitary full stop in a post.
    And this can be flagged, LOL or liked.
    What is the significance of it?

My #1 of things I don't quite get on Charlton Life.