Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that confuse you

Comments

• Options
    Must HAVE been mentioned... :wink:
  • Options
    Short term memory loss.

I scheduled in Mo’s race yesterday at midday for 12:30. In that 30 minutes I managed to forget and then by the time I did remember Mo was doing the Mobot.
  • Options

This must of been mentioned ?

NEXT Saturday ?

I say, this Saturday or Saturday Week.

Next Saturday is a total Misnomer, now STOP IT.

Yeah, this gets confusing because everyone has different ways of saying it. I end up clarifying with "the next Saturday we will encounter", which is just stupid.
  • Options

People following dean gaffney on Instagram.

How Dean Gafneys daughter can be so fit.

• Options

People thinking you are stupid for not believing in god.

How far too many intelligent and well educated people can still believe in God

Similarly, how there are stupid, uneducated people who DON'T believe in God.
  • Options
    shine166 said:

People thinking you are stupid for not believing in god.

And please don't forget those of us who are dyslexic and still believe in dog.
  • Options
    Why the best teachers in schools get promoted to headteacher and promptly stop doing what they are good at, teaching, and turn into administrators.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    LenGlover said:

Why the best teachers in schools get promoted to headteacher and promptly stop doing what they are good at, teaching, and turn into administrators.

Very rarely happens in secondary schools.
  • Options
    Why lefties are opposed to grammar schools - i.e. schools that allow bright children from poor backgrounds to work in a competitive environment.
  • Options
    Why righties have to tar everyone with the same brush.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    When I read that Wales are the 9th best football team in the world and that there are people willing to believe it.
  • Options
    That Parking offences are deemed a civil matter and the police have told me previously that something I've raised is a civil matter and therefore out of their remit.

Yet there are often three or more police present and assisting bailiffs to collect fines / penalties from parking and other 'civil' offences.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

That Parking offences are deemed a civil matter and the police have told me previously that something I've raised is a civil matter and therefore out of their remit.

Yet there are often three or more police present and assisting bailiffs to collect fines / penalties from parking and other 'civil' offences.

While I agree with every word Len - I guess the same can be said for football matches and demonstrations etc. They are civil matters, but also possible points of conflict, so the OB would argue that they are there to prevent a (possible) crime taking place?
  • Options

When I read that Wales are the 9th best football team in the world and that there are people willing to believe it.

Particularly curious when a ball hasn't been kicked internationally since the last update? Yes I do know how it works, but it might give the system a shred more credibility if they had a hiatus when no games are being played.
  • Options
    Why it costs a total of just £370 a year to insure my car and my house combined. Yet I pay £1300 a year to insure my dogs. Emotional blackmail?
  • Options
    T.C.E said:

Why it costs a total of just £370 a year to insure my car and my house combined. Yet I pay £1300 a year to insure my dogs. Emotional blackmail?

I'm not an expert on pet insurance so I'm guessing, but you are probably a lot more likely to.claim at some point on the pet policy, plus the operations are very expensive compared to car repairs or some new flooring after a leak etc.

Seems very steep though! Confuses me why vets are as expensive as they are, too.
  • Options

T.C.E said:

I'm not an expert on pet insurance so I'm guessing, but you are probably a lot more likely to.claim at some point on the pet policy, plus the operations are very expensive compared to car repairs or some new flooring after a leak etc.

Seems very steep though! Confuses me why vets are as expensive as they are, too.
    They do spend roughly at least 6-7 years at Uni and incur massive debt plus demand far outweighs supply. Dentists as well for that matter.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Fiiish said:

T.C.E said:

They do spend roughly at least 6-7 years at Uni and incur massive debt plus demand far outweighs supply. Dentists as well for that matter.
    They also promote insurance (pet plan for one) and various other drug companies products, while failing to mention they are available online at a lot less cost. Is it safe to assume they don't do that for the love of the product? I have no problem with anyone earning a living, thats what we are all here for but how many people go into a vets and take their word as gospel I know to our cost I have. Baileys daily drugs are available from the vets at 55p a tablet or direct from the same manufacturer at 11p, it must have slipped the vets mind when his illness was diagnosed!! Don't get me wrong, I have a fantastic vet back in London and one down here I use for Jabs and emergencies but there are some bloody awful ones as well.
  • Options
    But surely that is the same for most things. Cheaper to buy direct than via an intermediary
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Love this. Guess I am uneducated for not believing in something that cannot be proven, exists in the minds eye, and isn't tangible. Or is someone uneducated for believing in something that cannot be proven, exists in the minds eye, and isn't tangible?
  • Options
    Football Stands - why aren't they called 'Football Sit Downs' - this is one of the lifes conundrums that keep me awake at night.
  • Options
    Why all of a sudden It's switching between "23 new plural" and "23 new" next to threads referring to unread posts.
  • Options
    When I swim 25 metres in the pool from shallow end to deep end it takes me exactly 21st strokes, doing front crawl.

When I swim back the other way it takes 22 or sometimes 23, same stroke.

Can somebody tell me why?

• Options

Love this. Guess I am uneducated for not believing in something that cannot be proven, exists in the minds eye, and isn't tangible. Or is someone uneducated for believing in something that cannot be proven, exists in the minds eye, and isn't tangible?
    I feel like you're annoyed by what I said, but there was nothing offensive there.
    I'm not saying you're stupid or uneducated for any belief system you hold - the post I was quoting did however insinuate just that.
  • Options

When I swim 25 metres in the pool from shallow end to deep end it takes me exactly 21st strokes, doing front crawl.

Think you are downhill one way mate...
  • Options

Is it because you're able to push off a bit further from the shallow end, as you're in a standing position?
  • Options

Swimming faster one way than the other
  • Options
    What if you start in the deep end first?