Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that confuse you

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2015

ross1 said:

The advert for confuse.com. where the robots are making small robots in the factory and singing. What are they singing? it is driving me nuts trying to understand what they are saying, please someone help

I think it's based on Apache by the Shadows

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNAyPK2O4fk
    I belive it's the Sugar Hill Gang's Apache, which was based on the Incredible Bongo Band's version of Apache:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WY-Z6wm6TMQ
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

I swim most days and have never, ever thought to count my strokes, which is surprising as I have run out of things to think about (does anyone else remember how many lengths they've done by counting in player shirt numbers?) - I shall test out Donyngs Recreation Centre's pool and see if this phenomenon exists there.

be lucky to find water in there!
  • Options
    Thank you Raith, but Apache is an instrumental and still does not help me finding out the words
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Thank you Raith, but Apache is an instrumental and still does not help me finding out the words

Oh yeah that's what you said innit?

Hawksmoor's got it though, Sugar Hill Gang's Apache #Jump on it. (I'm getting out of my depth here, all this hash tag stuff) but the lyrics are here - hope you enjoy singing along ...

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/sugarhillgang/apache.html
  • Options
    Trying to follow what people's opinions are about the Trust on the 'post KM meeting thread'. Every few posts someone says something like they don't feel the trust is representing them and they haven't seized the opportunity to question KM etc. I even think certain senior members of the trust are saying they don't feel the trust is representing them. I'm not having a pop at the trust here or any of its senior members, I'm genuinely saying following that thread and anytime someone brings up the trust, I can't workout who's happy with it or annoyed with it over the meeting
  • Options
    Why my wife thinks we need to buy each other Christmas cards when we live in the same house
  • Options
    I've heard of MI 5 and MI 6, even the spoof MI 7 in Johnny English.

Whatever happened to MI 1,2,3 and 4 though?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I could tell you Len, but obviously I'd need to get my 'special' umbrella out.

They may or may not be situated on the M7, M10 or M12 motorways.
  • Options
    People who have been to zero Charlton matches this season acting as if they have strong opinions about the team and regime.
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Tha Shadows woke me up this morning, playing in my garden.
    They were in my cabbage apache
  • Options
    IA said:

People who have been to zero Charlton matches this season acting as if they have strong opinions about the team and regime.

Why does someone having an opinion confuse you? You don't know their circumstances.

I have never been to House of Commons or met my MP but I still vote.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

IA said:

Why does someone having an opinion confuse you? You don't know their circumstances.

I have never been to House of Commons or met my MP but I still vote.
    Not even slightly comparable, but OK.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

I've heard of MI 5 and MI 6, even the spoof MI 7 in Johnny English.

Whatever happened to MI 1,2,3 and 4 though?

Tom Cruise films?
  • Options
    When people say "thats cray cray" rather than just say: "thats crazy"

I'm only 32 but what the hell is that all about?
  • Options
    Kendall & Kylie Jenner. Just what is the fascination?!
  • Options
    Jarman said:

Kendall & Kylie Jenner. Just what is the fascination?!

Same with Kayne West and the Kardashians... When I first heard of the latter I thought it was some comedy TV show about aliens (like Mork and Mindy), when will people realise that if you just ignore them, they'll eventually just disappear!!
  • Options
    +1 for Kanye

also the new rihanna song - absolute drivel, sounds like me mumbling after too many pints
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    When people say that Louis Tomlinson (No Direction) would be good playing Jamie Vardy in a film!!

WHY... He's a singer, he's never acted before in his life
  • Options
    Why the fuck are they making a film about Jamie Vardy
  • Options

Why the fuck are they making a film about Jamie Vardy

Totally missed the point about my last post but fair enough ;)

Think its to do with the fact he's gone through the Leagues (never played in League One by the way) breaking records etc. (Is probably going to be like Goal! 2 rather than the original if it does get made).

He's a good player but his career has been no different than Harry Arter... Both released at League One level, both drop down into Non-League, impress and get snapped up by a league side and rebuild their careers.

Only difference is that its easier for Vardy to excel because its his job to score goals which is what everyone looks at
  • Options
    Adults who say things like Amazeballs don't they know they sound like 5 years olds...jeez come to think of it Amazing may be the most overused word in the English language.

i know Amazing save someone typing time
  • Options
    When I contradict myself three times in a conversation with someone... i.e.: Yeah, no, I agree

Does anyone else find themselves doing this?
  • Options
    You only contradicted yourself twice.

• Options
    MrOneLung said:

You only contradicted yourself twice.

You know what I mean... Stop trying to confuse me!!! lol!
  • Options
    edited January 2016

When I contradict myself three times in a conversation with someone... i.e.: Yeah, no, I agree

Does anyone else find themselves doing this?

Can't say, I do say that.......
  • Options
    The fact that Rangers have signed a player called Billy King but didn't give him squad number 1690.