Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that confuse you

Comments

• Options

Fiiish said:

Fiiish said:

Fiiish said:

I remember when I used to wear trainers but then I did my 11-plus.

What do you wear on your feet at weekends ?
    There is such a thing as casual footwear that isn't trainers. Same reason I don't wear gym stuff when I'm not wearing a suit.
    So you wear jeans on your feet then?

Unique
    Take a deep breath.
    @i_b_b_o_r_g can you look into moving this to the argument thread please!
    We know you loot may think we're super human, but we got families an all. Will look into it after she's cleared the table
  • Options
    Ed balls and Michael portillo.

They may look less like a total arse after losing their political careers, but they are still both arse holes in my opinion.
  • Options
    Looking into it now
  • Options

Ed balls and Michael portillo.

They may look less like a total arse after losing their political careers, but they are still both arse holes in my opinion.

Leave it Neil, Ed Balls is the bollocks okay
  • Options

Beautiful

Did you not manage to get a pair @Dazzler21
  • Options

Beautiful

I just felt they were flag worthy :wink:
  • Options
    Someone who would go to a car showroom and spend £14,000 on a brand new 1.2 Peugeot 207.

Who are these people?!?!?!?

Why wouldn't you just spend that £14,000 on a bloody nice 2nd hand car?!?
  • Options

Someone who would go to a car showroom and spend £14,000 on a brand new 1.2 Peugeot 207.

Who are these people?!?!?!?

Why wouldn't you just spend that £14,000 on a bloody nice 2nd hand car?!?

I've never got that, there are some motors that should instantly fast forward to 10 year old dogs. That particular Peugeot is right up there with most citroens of the last 20 years, nearly every Renault and absolutely the vauxhall corsa

Imagine you were in a position to do 12,000 on a car. Especially a small car the world is your oyster and you could get an immaculate spec'd up nearly new used 1 series for that, a vw golf, a mini with all the toys, the Audi a1 is a wonderful pocket rocket of a car and you'd have got change!

I remember going to buy the Saxo vtr brand new when it came out and my overriding memory was looking at it and thinking how utterly unsexy it was and not seeing any character or interest at all. So I bought a 12 year old xr3i instead and was easily more happy

The ford mustang however..... I'm not ashmaned to say I leave a damp patch looking at them brand new

We've completely gone off track
  • Options
    eggnog, i mean who...and why...it's what????
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Why the 80s seems like such a strange time in the UK. Looking more and more likely that kids football was riddled with nonces. Disgusting.
  • Options

Why the 80s seems like such a strange time in the UK. Looking more and more likely that kids football was riddled with nonces. Disgusting.

It's a paradox that we all hark after the good old days and fret that the world is worse today when in many respects it was probably as bad/ possibly worse just a lot less in the public consciousness. Horrible stuff

• Options

And the media.

Makes you wonder what else was full of scum.
  • Options
    At least I had hair in the 80's
  • Options
    My dad still had hair in the 80's.

Well maybe a bit anyway... :-)
  • Options
    That every time I watch2001 I still think, 'Christ, that's Rigsby,' when he first appears.
  • Options
    One thing I've just thought of from another comment another thread.

How the hell do some people drive a few miles down the road without realising their indicator is still on... I mean to say is that the sort of sound you like listening to when your home, else how can you put up with that annoying ticking for more than a few secs
  • Options

How the hell do some people drive a few miles down the road without realising their indicator is still on... I mean to say is that the sort of sound you like listening to when your home, else how can you put up with that annoying ticking for more than a few secs

They could be deaf & blind.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    House spiders. Where do they reside when not in a house?

I once bravely captured one indoors that was so large I had to use a pint glass to ensure all his legs remained in tact. As I wandered up the garden looking for a place to launch him off I happened upon a spider’s web. I thought he’d like it there, and duly despatched him.

However, the external resident spider (one of those with most of his legs pointing forward) was evidently not best pleased. Within about 20 seconds, hapless house spider was captured, spun, woven and cocooned into a tiny, inescapable, sticky tangle of web.

The contest was so uneven, with house spider so pathetically weak, despite superior size, it just made me wonder how on earth the species has survived.
  • Options
    Does anyone know if gorm is a word, or is the dictionary gorm-less?
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Why air crew are happy to sell you twice the permitted duty free allowance of cigarettes when you're clearly travelling alone.
    Not complaining, mind you, just think it's a bit odd, especially as it's £37 for 200, £47 for 400.
  • Options
    Why people film in portrait mode.
  • Options
    Why people still watch Big Brother.
  • Options

I can understand the indicators because of music, it's the no headlights in the dark I don't get...
    There are no lights on your dashboard and you're met with a thousand headlights in your face, yet it doesn't cross your mind about your own?!

Oh and people that have full beam on instead of regular headlights. (I guess this should go in the annoy version of this thread).
  • Options
    IdleHans said:

Why air crew are happy to sell you twice the permitted duty free allowance of cigarettes when you're clearly travelling alone.
    Not complaining, mind you, just think it's a bit odd, especially as it's £37 for 200, £47 for 400.

I used to work in the Channel Islands a lot and was always bringing fags back for the blokes in the office. They used to have arguments over whose turn it was for me to bring back for as they were so cheap. I used to bring 400 back (the limit was 200) and the woman at jersey airport always used to remind me of the limit. I asked her once why they sell more than they should and she told me that they could sell me 3000 if I wanted, as long as they stated the limit.
  • Options

IdleHans said:

I used to work in the Channel Islands a lot and was always bringing fags back for the blokes in the office. They used to have arguments over whose turn it was for me to bring back for as they were so cheap. I used to bring 400 back (the limit was 200) and the woman at jersey airport always used to remind me of the limit. I asked her once why they sell more than they should and she told me that they could sell me 3000 if I wanted, as long as they stated the limit.
    I'm back and forth to Guernsey a lot at the moment and buy them for colleagues. I guess it's not the airline's job to stop you going over the limit, but it is the crew's job to sell you cigarettes.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Why a couple of petrol garages near me have suddenly decided to have forecourt attendants offering to help you fill up your car.

No, I've been doing it fine by myself every time since I passed my test years, and I'd rather carry on doing so than stand awkwardly next to you while you do it for me.

Not even as if it speeds anything up as there's no pay at pump and I'd still need to go in to pay.
  • Options
    I've been avoiding the "Gig Spy" thread and when I get an issue with my computer I find its nothing to do with them its about Pop concerts!!