Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that confuse you

Comments

• Options
    Why are there no own brand wine gums available anywhere? Ive tried Tesco, Coop, Waitrose, Asda and Aldi - none to be found.
    Maynards are not as good, and Haribo just doesnt cut it. It's bizarre and sinister.

• Options
    If the object of football is to score goals, why do teams only play one player up front  fro score against 11 on the other side ?
  • Options
    If the object of football is to score goals, why do teams only play one player up front  fro score against 11 on the other side ?
    Because the object of the game isn't to score goals, it's to score more than your opponents. Sometimes, the way leagues are structured means that scoring the same as your opponents is sufficient and in rare cases the object is simply to concede less than some other team who are playing in an entirely different match.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    Why are there no own brand wine gums available anywhere? Ive tried Tesco, Coop, Waitrose, Asda and Aldi - none to be found.
    Maynards are not as good, and Haribo just doesnt cut it. It's bizarre and sinister.

Tesco do stock own brand, better than Maynard's in my opinion 
  • Options
    I agree they're better but I've been in probably four tescos in the last two weeks and the shelf is empty. Most odd.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    I agree they're better but I've been in probably four tescos in the last two weeks and the shelf is empty. Most odd.
    My store is the same, Tesco own sweets missing many varieties each week when I go
  • Options
    Including miss mollys midget gems, my 29p go-to bag of shit sweets
  • Options
    People buying Robbie Williams records and tickets.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    Including miss mollys midget gems, my 29p go-to bag of shit sweets
    They are too hard. The Aldi ones are better but they have been missing last few weeks too 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What do Go Compare gain by changing to Go.compare ? 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Free advertising as we're discussing it now?
  • Options
    But it is a well known brand , seems strange to make such a minor change that makes the cadence  of the name more awkward 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    No longer being pointless ?
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    No longer being pointless ?
    Isn’t pointless a tv game show?
  • Options
    What is it with this Prime drink?  

I was accosted by some mum of two teenage boys today pleading that I buy a bottle on their behalf.  They already had their full allocation of one bottle each.  I of course obliged and it was although I'd given them a million pounds.

I note it goes for silly prices on Ebay  (the bottle actually cost £2).  From what I can make out it is a sort of energy drink.  Stop the World I wanna get off  :/
  • Options
    This one is signed by Hasim Rahman Jr.  Who the *!!* is he?

• Options
    anybody being taken in by twats on twitter making out they're selling Man U league cup tickets at £200 a pop
    then the gullible getting all indignant and lary about these supposed ticket touts
    the allocation's over 7400 FFS take a breath the game's midweek in January
    obviously several born every minute
    for the hard of understanding: buying stuff off randoms on twitter is gonna be a scam
  • Options
    Rub a dub dub, three men in  tub.

WTF is that nursey rhyme all about?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rub a dub dub, three men in  tub.

WTF is that nursey rhyme all about?
    A voluptuous lady being given a good (airtight) time by the sounds of it.
    that or it's about a party at barrymores house
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Why so many Americans give their kids the same name.  George William Pett Jr, George William Pett III and all that.

Is it an ego thing?  

Must get confusing when post arrives for a Mr G Pett etc before the younger moves out.
  • Options
    Why so many Americans give their kids the same name.  George William Pett Jr, George William Pett III and all that.

Is it an ego thing?  

Must get confusing when post arrives for a Mr G Pett etc before the younger moves out.
    Its cos they aint got no heritage or culture like what we haves over here, either that or they cant cope with too many names
  • Options
    Hal1x said:

Is it an ego thing?  

Its cos they aint got no heritage or culture like what we haves over here, either that or they cant cope with too many names
    They go mad for their whole heritage thing, 6 generations down the line and they're all "I'm Italian", "an Irish girl, eh?" etc.  So you think they'd pick a different Italian, Irish or whatever name.
  • Options
    Plays that basically just do the whole story of a film.  Just watch the film, the original is bound to be better.

Can just about understand it when it's a musical, but to be honest even then I think I'd rather see something original.
  • Options
    The emails about opting out of Mother's Day emails (or Father's Day, Valentine's Day etc). 

I get why, but (putting aside the "you could just delete/not look at them" debate) it strikes me that you've now had an email that mentions it anyway, and have to think about these things more applying to not hVe them?  They feel counterproductive.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    MrOneLung said:
    IdleHans said:
    Why CAFC have the oxymoronic 'pre-match review'. 
    Why not just match preview?
    Well the former is things that have happened and the latter is about things in the future 
    Indeed. And the thing they refer to is a preview of a thing yet to happen, not a review of a thing that has happened.
    Now that is confusing.

I would define a 'pre-match review' as discussing what happened before the match.
    That would make the punditry on MOTD more interesting. They could talk about the pub or the journey to the ground.
  • Options
    if I want to try this or am irrationally disgusted by it

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-64727626 
  • Options
    if I want to try this or am irrationally disgusted by it

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-64727626 
    Their coffee will still be shit though