Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Job interview this afternoon... is it possible to be overdressed?

Comments

• Options

I have some great news. I got a call back after I'd been home less than 5 minutes.

They say they were really impressed and really wanted to get me started ASAP. I've been asked to go back into the store at 10am tomorrow to start training. :-)

Basically, I have a new job!

Well done! Was it the suit?

• Options

I have some great news. I got a call back after I'd been home less than 5 minutes.

They say they were really impressed and really wanted to get me started ASAP. I've been asked to go back into the store at 10am tomorrow to start training. :-)

Hard luck

;-)
  • Options
    Well done Callum, trust me that new job high will carry you all the way through the long Charltonless summer months and then you'll come crashing back down after an inevitable 4-0 home defeat to Bristol City!
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Well done! Was it the suit?

Definitely played a part.
  • Options
    Well done squire
  • Options
    Thank you everyone! Tonight is a good night. Might have a beer to celebrate.
  • Options
    Well done. Really pleased for you.

It was the belt what done it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Congratulations...........
  • Options
    Did they explain the expected dress code ?
  • Options
    Well done Callum!
  • Options
    Well done mate!
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Did they explain the expected dress code ?

Prior to the interview, no. I wasn't given a dress code.

For tomorrow I've been told dark jeans and a dark shirt will be more than acceptable. Seems like a casual environment which I'm really pleased about. Not that I mind putting on a shirt and tie...
  • Options
    Macronate said:

are you gonna tell us which high street store it is and in which high street?

not that we'd want to cause any trouble like.

Three in Canterbury.
  • Options
    Macronate said:

And what is the discount for Charlton lifers?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just read the thread through from the start and so delighted it ended with a happy ending of Thailand proportions!

Well chuffed for you Callum, nice one lad
  • Options

Macronate said:

Three in Canterbury.
    Just round the corner from me! ;)

Top stuff mate well done! Back of the net as they say!

*punch the air goal celbration*
  • Options

As long as you spat on your hand in front of them seconds before you shook theirs

The jobs yours

Boom what did i tell you , best bit of advice to anyone if they put out a hand to shake gob on yours and do it

• Options
    Well done!

i once received a CV for a job in my team with the contact email address of sexyvampire69@... I was so tempted

Night shift presumably?
  • Options
    Well done mate happy for you
  • Options
    Thanks all. :-)
  • Options
    well done Callum and good luck tomorrow
  • Options
    _MrDick said:

Wear a suit.

Wear a belt - yes, it matters

Polish your shoes

Go and get that job. Good luck

I had an interview on Tuesday

Wore a suit

Wore a belt

Had shiny shoes

Didn't get the job ... So, It don't work for everyone.

Unfortunately, if you tell them your name is _MrDick it only makes a good impression if you are being interviewed by Ben Dover. If you were being interviewed by Mr Dover he'd expect you to be in a birthday suit.