Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Job interview this afternoon... is it possible to be overdressed?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Portch said:

Well done Callum, three in Canterbury opposite tesco ;) I'll be taking a visit today ;)

And ill be in on Monday! ! ;)
  • Options

scruffle said:

Thanks guys. Was thinking it would be best to go for it but I don't wanna turn up looking a numpty!

Have you not seen phoneshop?? That's the idea!!

Sure you'll be fine!
    Is he a ting yet?
    He's gonna be a Newman for a while yet
  • Options
    Posting from lunch break before someone goes bananas at me.

Hate to disappoint my fans who are coming out to see me but I'm afraid I'll be working at Hempstead Valley rather than in Canterbury!!!
  • Options

Posting from lunch break before someone goes bananas at me.

Hate to disappoint my fans who are coming out to see me but I'm afraid I'll be working at Hempstead Valley rather than in Canterbury!!!

Least you're at a Valley. Congrats on getting it.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

cafcfan said:

Pedro45 said:

Make sure your tie is done up properly! Be confident, but not arrogant. Be prepared. Smile!

Windsor knot - it's the only way.
    Double Windsor is in fact much more professional!
    Isn't that the same knot but different name? Also known as the Full Windsor?
    On a lighter note - you can be underdressed. I once interviewed, for a graduate trainee post, a girl in a very short skirt. At the end she bent down to pick up her backpack and it became immediately obvious that she wasn't wearing knickers. She didn't get the job. (Nice arse though!)
    Sorry, am I missing something here? Why on earth didn't she get the job?
  • Options
    and they didn't bloody well tell you that at the interview did they?

they can poke their job, liberty takers.
  • Options
    Just caught up with this, fantastic Callum, having met you I reckon they are lucky to have you, and it won't be long before you're overseeing the European sector.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Been let out an hour early. First day success! I can stop boring you all with updates now. :-)

For the millionth time, thanks all.
  • Options
    Yeah afraid so. Told em I was going to the game tomorrow whether they liked it or not...
  • Options
    Thanks Nathan
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Best piece of advice I can give you is be true to yourself, I worked in various crap retail jobs for a few years, before applying for a role within Barclay's. I went to the interview, told them I don't have a clue about banking, that I couldn't work weekends and need to be home by 7pm for weekday football matches and the Champions League, that I bank with HSBC and I'm looking to leave my other job because my manager was a wanker who wouldn't let me progress, and I have been here 3 months now and loved every second!

Good luck

What, still working in retail?
  • Options
    Nice one Callum, good for you.
  • Options

Just thought I should share a little update on this while I'm on my lunch break.

I've been there three months now and after a slow first couple of weeks, I'm really starting to progress quickly.

I've just won the store employee of the month across the whole of Kent and East Sussex in my third month with the company and there's talk of fast tracking me into a management position... It's all pretty quick but I'm delighted!

All in all really positive. I'll always be thankful for the job interview advice I got back in April.

But what are you wearing day-to-day ?
  • Options
    His charlton kit
  • Options
    Well done
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Just thought I should share a little update on this while I'm on my lunch break.

I've been there three months now and after a slow first couple of weeks, I'm really starting to progress quickly.

I've just won the store employee of the month across the whole of Kent and East Sussex in my third month with the company and there's talk of fast tracking me into a management position... It's all pretty quick but I'm delighted!

All in all really positive. I'll always be thankful for the job interview advice I got back in April.

Are you still at Hempstead Valley?
  • Options
    I am indeed. :-)
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    PL54 said:

But what are you wearing day-to-day ?
    Brocade smoking jacket and a fez of course, silly.

Oh - and well done Callum!
  • Options
    nice one Callum.

keep sucking up to the man and you'll go far.
  • Options
    Well done Callum.
  • Options
    Quality Callum, well done
  • Options
    well done mate