Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Job interview this afternoon... is it possible to be overdressed?

Comments

• That's what happens when you get to wear your brother's best suit :)

Well done bro!!! Just need to find myself a job now.....

Wear the lucky suit and you'll have one in no time
  • Nice one callum. Well done mate.
  • Thank you everyone! Tonight is a good night. Might have a beer to celebrate.

Only the one though, you have work tomorrow ;-)

Well done, hope it goes well.
  • well done mate, what a great forum this is.
  • Congrats mate. Hope it goes well, and from your attitude I'm sure it will.
  • Dont do what I did this afternoon and interrupt the interviewer halfway through a question. Doh.
  • Wear a belt round your neck and cry occasionally.
  • nice one
  • Congratulations Callum :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Wear a belt round your neck and cry occasionally.

Good interview advice, but he has the job already
  • edited April 2015
    Callum, I only just got to catch up on this thread, but it sounds like you didn't need my two penny worth, but I just wanted to say well done, it's tough getting a job these days, they obviously thought you were a great candidate, enthusiasm and attitude goes a long way if it's genuine, the fact you were asking for advice on here, I just knew you'd get the job, as you were showing humility.

Be prepared to take advice, Stay positive when things go wrong, learn by your mistakes, work hard and be great with your time keeping and the worlds your oyster.

• I can only keep saying thank you to everyone for going out of their way to advise and/or congratulate me. Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant. Thank you.

Time for bed. I've got an early(er) start in the morning!
  • Don't tell them you are CAFC or that you are interested in football. Then when you need to bunk off early to get to a game you can say you are ill and they will believe you. If you have told them who you support they will look at the fixture list, laugh and tell you to get back to work.

Excellent thread and well done.
  • Well done Callum.
  • Just got up and saw 49 new posts on this thread. I knew something big happened! :wink:

Congratulations Callum!
  • Great news - well done!
  • Just saw this. Well done mate.
  • scruffle said:

Thanks guys. Was thinking it would be best to go for it but I don't wanna turn up looking a numpty!

Have you not seen phoneshop?? That's the idea!!

Sure you'll be fine!
    Is he a ting yet?
  • Sponsored links:

• Depends what job you have applied for, if its working in a Circus you just need a pair of huge shoes, and do your makeup carefully !
  • One thing I definitely haven't missed is SouthEastern trains...
  • wrong thread callum... ;-)

well done mate!
  • Well done Callum good luck today.
  • edited May 2015

I've a feeling that nerves got the better of me during questions I hadn't anticipated and will ultimately cost me.

I have some great news.

They say they were really impressed and really wanted to get me started ASAP. I have a new job!

Evidence that we all at times, really overthink things.

Congratulations mate, sounds like you tried a damn lot harder than another lad from CL that went for an interview at a garden centre.
  • well done Callers

this time next year you ll be .......

congratulations ..great thread ,our team are on the beach ,they all are bickering on the election threads and you bring us good news
  • Erm, Callum the 3rd Test starts at 3pm. Will you still be updating us with the score ?
  • scruffle said:

Thanks guys. Was thinking it would be best to go for it but I don't wanna turn up looking a numpty!

Have you not seen phoneshop?? That's the idea!!

Sure you'll be fine!
    Is he a ting yet?
    Looking forward to stories about what goes on in the stock room

• Well done Callum, three in Canterbury opposite tesco ;) I'll be taking a visit today ;)