Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• Options
    Uboat said:

My friends and I had a Jet action figure. We took it everywhere with us. If you could hook Jet onto the inside of someone's pint glass without them noticing, they had to down it. She came on my stag night and is even in some of my wedding photos. Eventually, after she had been with us for a good 7 or 8 years it was decided to tape her to a huge rocket and blast her into the night sky as the clock struck midnight on millennium eve. It was a profoundly moving moment, only slightly spoiled by the fact that someone found her in Tesco car park the next day, a bit burnt and with her arms missing.

It got even weirder when she was then mistook for Richard III

• Options
    Uboat said:

My friends and I had a Jet action figure. We took it everywhere with us. If you could hook Jet onto the inside of someone's pint glass without them noticing, they had to down it. She came on my stag night and is even in some of my wedding photos. Eventually, after she had been with us for a good 7 or 8 years it was decided to tape her to a huge rocket and blast her into the night sky as the clock struck midnight on millennium eve. It was a profoundly moving moment, only slightly spoiled by the fact that someone found her in Tesco car park the next day, a bit burnt and with her arms missing.

Jet, Jet,
    Jet, I can almost remember their funny faces
    That time you told them that you were going to be marrying soon
    And jet I thought the only lonely place was on the moon........
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Uboat said:

Jet, Jet,
    Jet, I can almost remember their funny faces
    That time you told them that you were going to be marrying soon
    And jet I thought the only lonely place was on the moon........

yeah not exactly Cole Porter is it ? ....see what mung beans and broccoli does to a man !

although nevertheless i bought the album !

• Options
    Bring **
  • Options
    Charlton have been linked with Barnet's John Akinde. The 25 year old hit 31 goals in a prolific season that saw the Bees promoted back to the football league. He has attracted interest from a number of league clubs, but the player himself is thought to favour a move to the Valley.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He got 19 goals for Crawley in League 1so could be a good signing.
  • Options

Not a charlton rumour but thought i'd cheer people up with the fact that Millwall have today been linked with Izale Mcleod!

Who ?

and...

Who?
  • Options
    Even on a charlton rumours page, millwall somehow get mentioned...... Honestly
  • Options
    Keith Stevens was a bouncer?
  • Options
    Was many things Keith Stevens a bouncer I don't believe so 8)

Rhino had a charity boxing match with Mikey Carroll the lottery winner I think It was the York Hall, once again I am unable to recall much of the evening, I also can't recall if it was the pre or post fight press conference that we were at but I am remember rhino wanting to break him in half, and he had the oddest colour eyes on a black man I have ever seen,

He once told me that the wolf man had really smelly breath

• Options
    Apart from those snippets of gladiator trivia I have no other gladiator based facts
  • Options
    cabbles said:

cabbles said:

Rhino was a bouncer at sw1 club when nigel Benn was dj and I kicked over a geezers make shift crack pipe can, whilst Pilling out my head causing a huge riot where rhino was defending me against 5 yardies, until they could smuggle us out the back, battered and bruised

Ruck on pills......impressive.

I could not fight that's why I was battered and bruised, I loved the guys hitting me but they didn't want t to hug it out

I'm enjoying this. Even though we're just discussing old gladiators and drugs. Anyone else got any old gladiator or narcotic stories they can share?
    Shadow used to live down the road from me and got kicked out of Gladiators for steroid abuse.

Shit story but best I've got I'm afraid.

• Options
    No that's a lie, I watched rhino batter Carroll in a rematch in Manchester, and got mashed in a club with shovell before he went to m people and the hairy one jon I think his name was from natural life and Peter Hooton plus and this is grainy but I am sure terry Phelan was there and got cross with me over a dance with his Mrs

Now that's rock and roll
  • Options
    markmc68 said:

Can somebody tell me how JET from Bristol City can turn into a gladiators fest on Charlton life. Come on guys get a grip. Back to the rumours. It gets boring otherwise.

If I told you this was our team photo for the 2015/16 season would it help
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    markmc68 said:

Can somebody tell me how JET from Bristol City can turn into a gladiators fest on Charlton life. Come on guys get a grip. Back to the rumours. It gets boring otherwise.

Season not even over yet this thread is pointless until late June
  • Options
    Maybe Charlton life should have a break before pre-season starts..
  • Options
    cabbles said:

markmc68 said:

If I told you this was our team photo for the 2015/16 season would it help
    Can we have Jon Fashanu shouting 'awooga' as well?
  • Options

Even on a charlton rumours page, millwall somehow get mentioned...... Honestly

Pretty sure Izale Mcleod is the link...
  • Options
    Darren was great for us back then, but this is now. I don't see RD funding a move for Bent at his stage of his career. Doesn't seem to fit with the network ethos to me.
  • Options
    I much prefer the Gladiators fest - it beats 300+ pages of speculation that ultimately turns into nothing, which is normally how these things go during the summer!
  • Options
    I once saw JET in panto with Alvin Stardust and a bloke from stars in their eyes who claimed to look like Chris De Burgh.......
  • Options
  • Options

Think I will check back in in 100 posts time when the numbers game has finished!

After how many posts do you think @Athletico Charlton will check back? I'll go for 138.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Just watching couples come dine with me, Richard Lee is on it with his mrs Its rumoured I would certainly say yes to her
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!