Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2015
    He will move to a Prem side at least, too good for us.
  • Options

He will move to a Prem side at least, too good for us.

JBG came to us.

• Options
    Callum is our leader.
    Nuff said.
  • Options

JBG came to us.

Johann was a very odd circumstance where he had already said he wasn't staying at AZ and let his contract ran out and wanted to come to England to trial at Rotherham before he joined us on a short contract as a stepping stone. We'd actually have to pay to sign a leading player for a Europa League side this time and it isn't going to happen, I don't think even Liege is an upgrade on AZ to be honest.

• Options
    We paid for Igor.

It's just a rumour but sounds like what we need.

WIOTOS
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Vetokele wasn't getting first team football whereas Henriksen is appears to be one of their best players and the Dutch league is stronger than the Danish league. I know its just a rumour (even worse, football rumour) but I'd be really shocked (and ecstatic) if we actually got him
  • Options
    When he signed this was the comment from Copenhagen. (translated)

-Igor Had a fine season, even if it were his first year of regular playing time at this level. And in general he has been through a sensible development with us for FC Copenhagen. But in such a situation it is always about, to evaluate the player we have, up to the offer we get when one such addition. Right now, we know that we have a new striker into the squad in Steve De Ridder and when we also are not sure that Igor Vetokele and Andreas Cornelius who types in the long term is going to be the optimal duo, so we think it sensible was to say yes to a good deal and give Igor opportunity to try his dream of England in Charlton, says Manager Ståle Solbakken.

He got more first team football but they signed that De Ridder to play ahead of him.
  • Options

When he signed this was the comment from Copenhagen. (translated)

-Igor Had a fine season, even if it were his first year of regular playing time at this level. And in general he has been through a sensible development with us for FC Copenhagen. But in such a situation it is always about, to evaluate the player we have, up to the offer we get when one such addition. Right now, we know that we have a new striker into the squad in Steve De Ridder and when we also are not sure that Igor Vetokele and Andreas Cornelius who types in the long term is going to be the optimal duo, so we think it sensible was to say yes to a good deal and give Igor opportunity to try his dream of England in Charlton, says Manager Ståle Solbakken.

He got more first team football but they signed that De Ridder to play ahead of him.

That's a weird interpretation. The way I read that is they signed Steve de Ridder, and Cornelius and Vetokele would compete for the spot alongside him. With that in mind they decided to take the millions of euros offered to them for Igor. Igor could well have been the partner for de Ridder, especially considering that Cornelius is rubbish. Seeing as we signed Igor in the summer and he'd just come of the back of a 31 game season saying he wasn't getting first team football just isn't true.
  • Options

JBG came to us.

Johann was a very odd circumstance where he had already said he wasn't staying at AZ and let his contract ran out and wanted to come to England to trial at Rotherham before he joined us on a short contract as a stepping stone. We'd actually have to pay to sign a leading player for a Europa League side this time and it isn't going to happen, I don't think even Liege is an upgrade on AZ to be honest.

But he did come to us.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    any one else spot our johan in that video? :wink:
  • Options
    Zamora and Karl Henry both out of contract this summer. Worth looking if they are released?
  • Options
    Zamora would be too expensive and he is getting on a bit for a forward. Doubt he would consider the significant drop in wages as well. Not sure about Karl Henry.
  • Options
    Not a rumour, but Giles Barnes (yes the 'wonderkid' from derby who never amassed to much more than a relegation with Doncaster) is captain of Houston Dynamo in MLS, and has looked a class above in the game against Toronto tonight. Yes it is just the MLS, but it is on the same pitch as Michael Bradley (US international) Giovinco (Italian international) and he has ran the show in attacking midfield, has energy, pace, a wicked shot. And im sure hell be back in England before too long based on the reviews he has been getting this year...
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Anyone watching the Chesterfield v Preston game as impressed with their number 5 Mortsy (I think)? Absolutely ran the game and could pass a ball within a millimetre of its target.

Well worth a look given Chesterfield aren't doing anything
  • Options
    If Barnes over his injuries he could be a great signing.
  • Options
    Nicky Bailey released by Millwall - might be cheap - as in free!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    After joining in November, Jamie O’Hara was Blackpool's player of the year, maybe worth a punt, seeing that we've taken the risk of signing another 'controversial ' player in Roger Johnson, and that worked out ok?

• Options
    #opens medium sized bag of popcorn#
  • Options

Nicky Bailey released by Millwall - might be cheap - as in free!

Take the ginger money grabbing prick on trial then release him show him what it's like to be shit on
  • Options
    although i wouldnt have him back ,on the whole i liked him as he was never frightened to have a shot ,hes not good enough for us now though ...gave the ball away too often
  • Options
    That poncing ginger chunt can feck off. Disgrace to the shirt, diving about and pretending to be injured when caught in possession like a right fanny
  • Options

Only medium?
  • Options
    Ross said:

Only medium?
    I need to lose weight
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!