Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• Options
    IAgree said:

Personally I don't care how good or bad this man is as a player - He is a convicted child rapist and I don't want him playing for our club - What sort of message to does this send out? Do we want young fans idolising someone like this?

Equally important what does it say about Roland's scruples?!

Nothing whatsoever until he's actually here and has signed up instead of being one vague rumour that may well amount to utter bollocks.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:

IAgree said:

Personally I don't care how good or bad this man is as a player - He is a convicted child rapist and I don't want him playing for our club - What sort of message to does this send out? Do we want young fans idolising someone like this?

Nothing whatsoever until he's actually here and has signed up instead of being one vague rumour that may well amount to utter bollocks.
    I don't trust Roland and nothing about him has yet to change my mind on that - However perhaps I should have said " if this is true what does it say about Rolands scruples?"

That said I don't believe that we should all keep quiet about this until it is a done deal, or that Roland buying a player for us from Belgium is exactly unbelievable.

• Options
    IAgree said:

thenewbie said:

IAgree said:

I don't trust Roland and nothing about him has yet to change my mind on that - However perhaps I should have said " if this is true what does it say about Rolands scruples?"

That said I don't believe that we should all keep quiet about this until it is a done deal, or that Roland buying a player for us from Belgium is exactly unbelievable.

Listen, if I actually believed that this was a signing that was imminent, or even probable, then I would be up in arms I assure you. But I don't, at all. Buying a player from Belgium? Yeah, that's feasible. Buying a convicted rapist, from anywhere? Less so. And the latter more than trumps the former.
  • Options
    Poulsen looks good
  • Options
    What is a big Kahuna?
  • Options
    Breakfast of kings.
  • Options
    Is this Big Kahuna chap a centre back?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

What is a big Kahuna?

Cricket bat
  • Options
    Nothing to do with cajones then?
  • Options
    Poulsen is quality on fifa.
  • Options

What is a big Kahuna?

Virgin media broadband?
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    A million pounds??? You can have Joe's little toe for a million.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    IAgree said:

That they are very much secondary to the bottom line on a spreadsheet?
  • Options
    I mentioned that one earlier Prague on the bite size thread

http://www.charltonlife.com/discussion/67719/charlton-rumours-and-news-bite-size#latest

I think we are going to see a hell of a lot Gomez rumours over next few weeks, mainly as when one outlet runs a rumour, it then gets replicated over the next few days by about 20 different outlets
  • Options

Breakfast of kings.

The Charlton version doesn't include chips apparently! :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Poulson is a physical monster on FM
  • Options
    I think this thread could go on to incorporate every single classic CL ingredient. It really is very promising.
  • Options
    I'm fairly confident Charlton won't sign a child rapist.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited May 2015
    Uboat said:

I think this thread could go on to incorporate every single classic CL ingredient. It really is very promising.

Interesting @Uboat what would be your classic CL thread ingredients ?
  • Options
    Putting aside the vile history for a moment, he's got a bloody awful goal scoring record. Tucudean II.
  • Options

Football rumours again, haven't seen it mentioned yet.....

Charlton are looking at Yussuf Poulsen from RB Leipzig

6ft4 forward.

Meets the height test
  • Options

You won't like this one from the Guardian Rumour Mill (which is basically a sceptical rehash of tabloid rumours)

In other European news, Borussia Dortmund are leading the race to snap up Charlton Athletic wonderkid Joe Gomez. The 17-year-old defender has sparked the interest of Arsenal, Manchester City and Manchester United but Dortmund are hopeful of wrapping up a deal for £1m.

Oddly could be something in this. Joe has always been a Borussia Dortmund fan as his Grandad used to have a kick around on Plumstead Common with Wolfgang Muller-Scheiss - once their Fullback - during his spell as a POW in 1945.
    The only odd thing about that rumour is the fee! That's got to be 1 million Euros surely?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!