Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• It's funny but if Katrien has any sense (and she has) then she can spin this into good PR for the club. Remember when there were rumours we were in for Marlon King? Someone asked Powell about it, he said Charlton Athletic doesn't employ those sorts of characters and we all swooned. Whether we're actually in for this Mboyo or not, she could see the adverse reaction, publicly state that we're not interested and win some hearts. Wouldn't that be nice
  • edited May 2015

Anyone else think this is putting our club in a bad light and we haven't even done anything?

I agree. As far as we know this could all be just made up by the paper or agent.

It's funny but if Katrien has any sense (and she has) then she can spin this into good PR for the club. Remember when there were rumours we were in for Marlon King? Someone asked Powell about it, he said Charlton Athletic doesn't employ those sorts of characters and we all swooned. Whether we're actually in for this Mboyo or not, she could see the adverse reaction, publicly state that we're not interested and win some hearts. Wouldn't that be nice

It's a dilemma for the Club.

Assuming there is no basis to the story they could say so but then the headlines could be "Charlton deny link to rapist" "Charlton back out of signing rapist due to public pressure", "family club Charlton considered signing a rapist" etc etc. Lots of mentions of Charlton and rape together in the paper and sometimes people don't read the whole story and only remember the key words ie Charlton and Rapist.

And once they've commented on that story it leaves them open to "So who would you sign?" "Why aren't you commenting on the link to player XYZ?" "Do you have a policy on not signing certain players?" "Would you sign Ched Evans?" which then leads to "Charlton refuse to rule out signing Ched Evans" headlines. All assuming the media remember who we are during a quiet summer but the Mail has already run the story lifted straight from the Belgium site or here.

Or they can stay quiet and hope to dies down as we move on to another rumour (or even an actual signing).

Edit: Or they could send a semi-official tweet out saying that we're not in for him.

Olly for Head of Communications!

• Swisdom said:

Anyone else keep saying Mboyo in a ridiculous Welsh accent?

Myes
  • More chance of us having a stupid 1980's palace kit than signing boyo
  • Sponsored links:

• I signed it this morning, as I genuinely thought this could happen.

Did want to see off as disgruntled of Cranbrook but forgot, which has annoyed even more.
  • sam3110 said:

What a load of poppycock, one random newspaper story and there's already a petition?! As people often say, only Charlton fans FFS

alternative is? wait until he's signed when it's too late? can't see how this would put us in a bad light, shows we have morals and principals.

• sam3110 said:

What a load of poppycock, one random newspaper story and there's already a petition?! As people often say, only Charlton fans FFS

alternative is? wait until he's signed when it's too late? can't see how this would put us in a bad light, shows we have morals and principals.

Yes nobody is saying they hate the club as we have been linked to him, just that they wouldn't be happy if he signed. It may be a slight over reaction (me more than most) but I think it shows that are not maorally bankrupt and do not value success over what is right.
  • So dead in the water. Good. Move on.

See Zak Whitbread has been released by Derby. But injury prone these days but a solid centre half I've always rated at Champ level and only just turned 31
  • Well done olly that's a fantastic bit of fan club information sharing,

Another positive relationship building excersise

• Who is Jean Hatchet? Sounded more like a petition to stir up unnecessary and unfounded drama than of any interest in our club. At no point did it say she's a fan.

Anyway, the etymology of the word gladiator actually comes from the word gladius, meaning sword. Seems charlton related to me.
  • Is our high horse higher than anyone else's high horse?

What a crock of shit.
  • Sponsored links:

• Is there anything we won't start a petition for?
  • Talal said:

Is there anything we won't start a petition for?

Perhaps you should do a questionnaire
  • I will hire out flamingos immediately

• lolwray said:

Addicted said:

Talal said:

Is there anything we won't start a petition for?

Perhaps you should do a questionnaire
    i demand a petition for a questionnaire
    Lets vote on a questionnaire for a petition.
    Meta situations like this offend me
  • We need a new petition: Sign Andy Delort - NOW!!!!
  • We need a new petition.

Sign Andy Delort - NOW!!!
  • Sorry we need a petition to keep Simon Church
  • Sorry bigbadbozman what's the petition for didn't catch it?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!