Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• Don't think Katrien rates Pope.

It was Ben Roberts shout that Stephen Henderson came back into the team early last season after hendo's first injury when Pope got half a dozen games under his belt.
    The sad thing was other than the Derby clanger and one other game at home,
    He was fine, but Ben did say he was shaky warming up at Huddersfield. also the first twenty minutes in that game his confidence disappeared until he did a good save. Bob Peeters let Ben decide the number 1 keeper.
    A new Keeper coach may see Pope as the future? Not sure if Luzon or whoever will be our Head coach when the season kick off agrees.

When Henderson is fit he's the most consistence keeper we had for years.

Best since Kiely / Carson in that respect.
  • Bubble said:

@RichCawleySLP: Also a transfer line for Charlton in @sthlondonpress. Interested in taking Watford's Tommie Hoban on loan.

Can't see Watford letting him go until the end of the window in August
  • _MrDick said:

Bubble said:

@RichCawleySLP: Also a transfer line for Charlton in @sthlondonpress. Interested in taking Watford's Tommie Hoban on loan.

Can't see Watford letting him go until the end of the window in August
    Depends if they've got anyone lined up.
  • edited June 2015

Bury on loan I'd imagine.

Or permanently.
    Disappointed if he went to Bury on perm. Must be worth £300-500k bearing in mind we paid about £250k for Button. Doubt they can afford that.
    Leave off. Button has played far more games in The Championship & is 1st choice at Brentford.

Pope didn't look convincing for us & has only "produced" in League 2.

He could yet be a top keeper, there is definitely potential, but I doubt you'd get more than £100K for him TODAY.

Especially, as the clubs who may want him, have very little money.
  • Wouldn't be surprised to see Pope go for about 150k plus a hefty sell on clause
  • Wouldn't want us spending£1m on Buyens.

But what about £711k? Because that's what a million Euros equates to.
  • Yes please on Hoban!
  • edited June 2015

I'd pay 1m for Buyens, well worth it in my opinion.

worth it just for his penalties.............I remember a certain ginge sky-ing one over the Covered end crossbar which cost us a play=off place. Not so Mr Buyens
  • I'd pay 1m for Buyens, well worth it in my opinion.

Absolutely this. We were much stronger last season when Yoni played.
    Good haircut too or to or two (for NLA)
  • Sponsored links:

• cafcfan said:

Wouldn't want us spending£1m on Buyens.

Just think we can do better. Went missing too often at times last season.
  • cafcfan said:

Could we do better for that sort of money? - Especially if Buyens would have had a years experience of playing in England

Regardless as well, if we could find better then why not Buyens as well... Our biggest issue wasn't so much the quality of the squad last season it was the depth of it
  • We were often over-run when JC was on left and Buyens was paired with Jackson. When Jordan moved inside it looked a more solid combo
  • cafcfan said:

Its well worth it especially when you consider his penalty record.
  • I would have Buyens back too, in a confident attacking team he has a lot to offer, combine that with his 100% penalty record last season and im not sure what more we could ask for at that price.
  • What if he doesn't want to come back?

He said he wants to be in Belgium with his young family which is fair enough.

agree, I doubt the money is the barrier, I suspect he wants to go 'home' which is a shame

Then we kidnap him, every problem has a solution.
  • Charlton way are saying that he has left Standard For Genk.
  • Sponsored links:

• dickplumb said:

Charlton way are saying that he has left Standard For Genk.

Without being disrespectful , from what I've seen , they are run by fans in the same mould as Colin.
  • Don't think Katrien rates Pope.

It was Ben Roberts shout that Stephen Henderson came back into the team early last season after hendo's first injury when Pope got half a dozen games under his belt.
    He was fine, but Ben did say he was shaky warming up at Huddersfield. also the first twenty minutes in that game his confidence disappeared until he did a good save. Bob Peeters let Ben decide the number 1 keeper.
    A new Keeper coach may see Pope as the future? Not sure if Luzon or whoever will be our Head coach when the season kick off agrees.

Wasn't it Blackburn away that he made 2 horrible errors? He evidently has potential but I'd loan him out again.
  • wmcf123 said:

Don't think Katrien rates Pope.

Wasn't it Blackburn away that he made 2 horrible errors? He evidently has potential but I'd loan him out again.
    Have a sneaky feeling he could end up at Brighton on a perm

agree, I doubt the money is the barrier, I suspect he wants to go 'home' which is a shame
    Dale wanted to go up north, and ended up at Brighton...

Dowie wanted to go up north, and... no I won't say it, the memories are still too painful...
  • Wouldn't surprise me if Hamer goes to Brighton now that he is out of favour at Leicester.

No way is Buyens coming back to England. He has a wife/partner and a young baby.

He wants to be in Belgium. Move on.
  • LordDofB said:

Wouldn't surprise me if Hamer goes to Brighton now that he is out of favour at Leicester.

Only if Stockdale is leaving, they also have Walton who is highly rated.

No way is Buyens coming back to England. He has a wife/partner and a young baby.

He wants to be in Belgium. Move on.
    That is a shame for us but good luck to him.
  • Who is going to score all our penalties next year?
  • JBG will take them im sure
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!