Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ashley Maynard-Brewer - Interview discussing earlier injury woes (p14)

Comments

• Options
    We face a glut of keepers next season. McG still under contract, AMB returning. Harness, Harvey, Beadle all progressing
    Some of them will go out on loan
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    We face a glut of keepers next season. McG still under contract, AMB returning. Harness, Harvey, Beadle all progressing
    Some of them will go out on loan
    And some of them will be nicked. Cat 1 is hopefully 🙏 on its way.
  • Options
    Got good marks from the ESPN commentators over here. Thought he was decent myself. Need I say he inspires a little more confidence that McG in me
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Henderson looked like the worst goalkeeper to keep a clean sheet in Charlton’s history tonight. Still happy with the clean sheet though. 
    A Scottish eye view of goalkeeping …..

Being critical you could say he pushed a couple more forward and to the side rather than just to the side but some amazing reflex saves I thought .
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    se9addick said:
    Henderson looked like the worst goalkeeper to keep a clean sheet in Charlton’s history tonight. Still happy with the clean sheet though. 
    Must have watched a different game, thought he was very good tonight. 
    Exactly. We won because of him
  • Options
    AMB talking with Mark Schwarzer.

Ashley Maynard-Brewer   "You smash a player, you punch the ball and send a message that you're in control."

https://youtu.be/aK_HPanOQgs
  • Options
    AMB talking with Mark Schwarzer.

Ashley Maynard-Brewer   "You smash a player, you punch the ball and send a message that you're in control."

https://youtu.be/aK_HPanOQgs
    You can tell he’s an Aussie.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He seems a level headed young guy and I'm pleased to hear he's doing well. Hopefully he can come back to us in the summer and put in a serious challenge to be Charlton's number 1.
  • Options
    Sickener for AMB this evening. Kept Celtic to just the one goal heading into added time at the end of 90 minutes.

1-1 becomes 1-2 in the 97th minute.
  • Options
    See there was another 90 for AMB last night for Ross County in a 3-1 win over 4th place Motherwell.

• Options
    See there was another 90 for AMB last night for Ross County in a 3-1 win over 4th place Motherwell.

Ah but who scored twice and is Ross County's top scorer? Some bloke called Regan Charles-Cook
  • Options

Ah but who scored twice and is Ross County's top scorer? Some bloke called Regan Charles-Cook
    Come on The Staggies!
  • Options
    Quite a lifestyle change for AMB this loan move. I hadn't realised Ross County were so far north in Scotland, they're based in Dingwall, which is north of Inverness. Population 5.5k!
  • Options

Just watched the footage and RCC was involved in all three goals - for their first one he beat his man on the left and his cross shot was turned in by a defender, he finished like a poacher for the second and it was his cross that was hand balled for the penalty that he converted himself
  • Options
    Quite a lifestyle change for AMB this loan move. I hadn't realised Ross County were so far north in Scotland, they're based in Dingwall, which is north of Inverness. Population 5.5k!
    I would guess that he lives in Inverness and is enjoying the small town life style where all the young girls know he is a pro footballer and he uses that to his advantage. He probably doesn't want to leave
  • Options
    I would guess that he lives in Inverness and is enjoying the small town life style where the three slightly attractive girls know he is a pro footballer and he uses that to his advantage. He probably doesn't want to leave just yet until he’s pissed them all off. 

• Options
    I would guess that he lives in Inverness and is enjoying the small town life style where all the young girls know he is a pro footballer and he uses that to his advantage. He probably doesn't want to leave and spends all his spare time next to Loch Ness hoping to see the monster

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Yes - less than 6 miles from Foulis Castle.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    I like it that a Charlton graduate (RCC) is having a career in football.
    For me they don’t only need to have made it at Charlton in order to bring kudos to our development set up, if players go on in the game it is a credit to our club.
    I'm sure Steve Avory has said that he likes to keep tabs on youngsters that they've had to let go.
    In one article I remember reading a while ago, he was detailing their progress where some were playing regularly at other League clubs.

A big part of our reputation as a good place for youngsters to come to, is our record of producing League professionals, regardless of whether they had established themselves in the Charlton 1st team.

• Options
    If by 'him' you mean 'the guy who posted that', then yeah
  • Options
    What's the consensus, How's he doing?
    I'd love for him to challenge Craig next year. 
  • Options
    LTKapal said:
    Surely he will replace Henderson as No 2
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    ross1 said:
    LTKapal said:
    Surely he will replace Henderson as No 2
    I believe that was the plan all along.
    But to be challenging for a 1st team place and ready, if the chance should come along.

Last season he sat on the bench. This season he needed to be playing. 
  • Options
    Ross County vs Rangers is on SKY Sports @ 12:30 this afternoon

If anyone wants to see how Ashley is getting on up in Scotland, of course this probably means he wont be playing now.