Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Euro U21

1235»

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2015
    I do get it prague honestly but I am realistic and that's not meant as an insult enough to accept that due to.the sheer amount of money involved Scudamore would allow anyone else's you have any say in where it goes other than him
  • Options
    Yes, I think the power of the FAPL can probably only be curbed by legislation. The damage it has done to the English game is immeasurable. What kills me is when you have Greg Dyke preaching on behalf of the FA what needs to happen to fix the English game. That is how I would legislate personally - by taking the power away from the FA to determine how English/Grass Roots football is managed. And give the new body (with no vested interests) complete power to implement changes it deems necessary - so if they want to limit the number of foreigners who can play, just for example, they can do so.
  • Options
    In spite of Press Reports, and Public faith in those Reports, we aren't good enough. That's the reason for 'failure'. Analyse all you want.....
  • Options
    All this talk about grass roots football and the issues with it, most of which I agree with, but there doesn't seem to be much acknowledgement of the way times have changed and kids seem to have many different interests and activities away from just kicking a football all day.

This summer the lack of kids (u16s) playing football, cricket, tennis etc in the parks & fields will be as low as ever. Year on year I see fields just standing empty. Could barely find a patch of grass to play on when I was a kid! Are simply not enough kids playing enough football to become the world class players we expect?

• Options
    edited June 2015
    That is a problem, but not enough is being done to solve it. We live in a very defeatest world - which is what those in power like.
  • Options
    Although I agree in principle with that SLL, there are more organised summer tournaments that take place across the country every weekend and some midweek evening tournaments than was ever in place and it is growing yr on yr, it is a problem that has been recognised by the regional fa's and those that are running clubs, if you can't engage some to put the games console down, bother atleast giving those that do want to play a safe and competitive environment is a good start and an example of clubs trying to fix the problem without the national fa and the premier league and football leagues herlp
  • Options
    After participation numbers were in decline in 2011 the FA launched a scheme and figures last year have seen an increase in both adult and youth football.

PlayStations and xboxs are available around the world, so why hasn't the digital generation affected other nations?

The first thing that needs addressing is why we have to pay almost double to complete our national coaching badges compared to Spain and Germany!? Its no suprise they have double the amount of qualified coaches.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Not just cost try getting on one within a reasonable time or even harder close to tour home
  • Options
    Here in Portugal there is no competitive football outside schools or clubs, you want to play? You have to join a club. If you are no good, you don't get picked, no leisure football for crap players like me. There are no public parks where I live to play football, a kick around on a bit of waste ground is the most you will see.

However, at the clubs, there are plenty of well qualified coaches to look after all age groups, and the council provides decent playing and training facilities for them.

• Options
    Portugal have ripped the Germans a new one, very impressive.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Makes our loss look a bit better in context. Portugal look fantastic.
  • Options
    Best Young Team from Portugal since the Figo Team won the world youth championship in 1991.
  • Options
    Bloody hell. Missed it, packing for hols. Thinking back to our holiday in Portugal last summer, watching all those kids on the beach with skills that took my breath away. Just kids on a beach..
  • Options
    I just like to say the German head coach is hRUBESCH
  • Options
    Grr. This Swedish team are starting to remind me of Greece 2004. Their fans disrupted the Danish anthem too. Poor.
  • Options
    edited June 2015

Grr. This Swedish team are starting to remind me of Greece 2004. Their fans disrupted the Danish anthem too. Poor.

Totally agree Prague. The Danes have just pulled a goal back though so fingers crossed they can do it.

Portugal v Denmark would be a much better final IMHO

• Options
    Looks like England did relatively well in hindsight.
  • Options
    Glorious failure mate Imo
  • Options
    Penalty shootout in the final - Did the commentator just say if the ball hits the bar first it's dead in a penalty shoot out ?
  • Options
    Yes, but then again he does seem like a bafoon.
    So the team that won it, were only beaten by us....and they were the only ones we beat.....huh

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just goes to show how little these competitions mean. U20 world cup won by Serbia and the U21 euros by Sweden. I'll have a guess that only 3 or 4 of each squad will make the senior set-up.
  • Options

Just goes to show how little these competitions mean. U20 world cup won by Serbia and the U21 euros by Sweden. I'll have a guess that only 3 or 4 of each squad will make the senior set-up.

Not sure about the Serb side but quite a few of Sweden's u21 side have already made the step up. Does seem to be a real divide, to some nations it's taken as a big deal and others (i.e. England) don't seem to see it as a stepping stone to developing successful senior sides.
  • Options
    It's not the fact that england went out early that I'm disappointed, it's the fact that not one player looks like they will ever become a good player. Whereas the other countries all seemed to have very good players in their team.
  • Options
    dizzee said:

It's not the fact that england went out early that I'm disappointed, it's the fact that not one player looks like they will ever become a good player. Whereas the other countries all seemed to have very good players in their team.

Yeah that Harry Kane is shit
  • Options
    DeeBee said:

dizzee said:

And Stones.

And Ings.

And Loftus-Cheek.

And James Ward-Prowse.
  • Options
    Thought Jenkinson played pretty well down the right wing too. Shame he's stuck at Arsenal who have Bellerin.
  • Options

DeeBee said:

dizzee said:

And Stones.

And Ings.

And Loftus-Cheek.

And James Ward-Prowse.
    But did any of them stand out as good players?

No
  • Options
    No they never they were as shit as the others, but they will be good players and that's the point, we have a team of good players no greats and to win you need more than 1 great player