Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Desktop Computer

12346»

Comments

• Options
    Quick question about SSD: why would I even consider going from 1TB HDD to something like 256GB SSD?

Surely the lower capacity is too much of a hinderance despite the other benefits?
  • Options
    edited February 2016

Quick question about SSD: why would I even consider going from 1TB HDD to something like 256GB SSD?

Surely the lower capacity is too much of a hinderance despite the other benefits?

That's why some people are choosing to have both - the SSD for the OS and other essential/favourite programmes to open quickly;
    and a HDD for everything else.

Even some laptops can have both - by putting a compatible SSD in the spare m.2 slot, if there is one.

It's a compromise, of course - but it will do until larger capacity SSDs drop in price.

• Options
    Cheers Oggy, makes sense. Though I was being thick and somehow SSD were managing to make files squeeze into smaller "spaces" or something (despite that making no sense at all) making the two equivalent in some way...