Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Music Festivals and You (innocent virgin or overindulged wench)

Comments

• brogib said:

Can't make it - I'm at Blues at Moonlight in Benalmadena...

Is Pat Nevin the footballer DJing?
    He is indeed.

This is the one I told everyone about a while back. Mate of mine is the promoter for it. Almost sold out now.
  • Pat Nevin was standing alongside me at some gig at The Lyceum, about 30 years ago.

It may have been Siouxie or The Stray Cats.

#boringfactthatnoonegivesashitabout.
  • Had the misfortune to pass through North Greenwich Tube Station today. Assume there are Glastonbury Coaches picking up from there as it was awash with stupid toff girls in Hunter Wellie Boots. Oh for a sniper rifle.

Went to Glastonbury twice in the early 90's (only had tickets the first time - second time paid a crusty £20 to crawl through his tunnel under the fence) first time is still a blur. Vodka, Acid and Super Strength Lager for 4 days! Seem to recall bumping into @Rock Spectacle at some point - watching The Saw Doctors infront of the main stage.

Had run-ins with Greenpeace and the Jesus Army during the first visit and our "communal" (10 of us in a frame tent with no ground sheet) base got turned over by a scouse thieving squad.

Was capped off by a total freak-out melt down on the last night whilst watching Blade Runner at the open air cinema.

Thankfully both times I went I avoided a mud bath.

Also done Reading twice. Didn't really like either visit. Second time it pissed down and our tent blew away!
  • Creamfields, amazing.
    We R FSTVL, quality considering it was in Upminster
  • In the tent
  • Phoenix, Reading and Glasto x 3. Some fantastic memories from Glasto. Luck to see some amazing sets...REM, Underworld, 2 Many DJs, Royksopp spring to mind. Rolf Harris wouldn't get off and let us watch the WC Final in 02. Always got lucky and picked sunny years, not a day's rain among them.

Reading was like a post-GCSE party. Really small time. Only really remember Mike Skinner from the Streets losing his voice two songs in.
  • It's raining at Glasto. Glad I prefer indoor gigs or just one day outside gigs in the London area, where it it unusual if it rains.
  • rina said:

Been to many over the last 25 years. Some good some bad. Reading 92 was the best by far, Dave Grohl was there @AFKABartram

Went to bearded theory a month ago where the highlight was mr motivator

Pavement mid afternoon and Teenage Fanclub in the rain whilst the mud took over. Great stuff. Had to miss quite a lot of Nirvana to get a train.
    Reading 92 was fucking brilliant, best festival I have been to
  • I like The Vaccines (on now), but the lead singer has no power in his voice. It's a shame. I saw them at the O2 a couple of years ago and was disappointed.
  • Sponsored links:

• rina said:

Been to many over the last 25 years. Some good some bad. Reading 92 was the best by far, Dave Grohl was there @AFKABartram

Pavement mid afternoon and Teenage Fanclub in the rain whilst the mud took over. Great stuff. Had to miss quite a lot of Nirvana to get a train.

rina said:

Wish I had been old enough for that, my boss was back stage for Nirvana, envy envy envy...

I've been to loads of them, can't believe people get put off by the camping! Broken Britain. :-1:
  • Been to Reading a few times. Last Year I went to a hip hop festival in Switzerland for 3 days, it hammered it down before we got there, mud up to your knees etc. Great weather throughout until the Sunday evening when it hammered down so bad, thunder, lightening the lot. Genuinely thought it was the end of the world. Still was brilliant.

Off to another hip hop festival in Holland next weekend but just a one dayer this time. Been to plenty of other one day stuff in this country, Field Day, Lovebox, Wireless etc. Also some smaller ones, went to one in Redhill a few years ago which was excellent, not sure if it's still going mind.
  • I gave a lift to a couple of hitchhikers the other day, he said that he was a promoter for a music festival, so I was obviously impressed and asked him what one. Aboriginal he said and also another kind but I can't remember which, but it's one where you use the back of your throat to make two seperate noises? Anyway, this geezer and his Mrs ended up doing it for the whole 45 minute trip until I droppd em off.

He reckons his festival gets around 7000 people go, which for Aboriginal music in deepest darkest France I didn't think was too shabby
  • .....Monglian throat singing, that was it
  • This is what he done, BADLY!

Enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rmo3fKeveo
  • Sounds better than a lot of the acts at Glastonbury this year.

Poorest line ups I can remember, although I appreciate it's all about opinion.

Florence tried too hard last night. Distinctly average I thought.
  • Never been to a festival but done the Crawley carnival 10 years in a row!
  • brogib said:

Anyway, this geezer and his Mrs ended up doing it for the whole 45 minute trip until I droppd em off.

took me 3 readings of this to realise you meant singing. At least I hope you did
  • Bunked into the Odean Woolwich to see the Nolan sisters, that was wild night. ;)
  • Mark Ronson was superb last night.
  • Sponsored links:

• Sounds better than a lot of the acts at Glastonbury this year.

Poorest line ups I can remember, although I appreciate it's all about opinion.

Florence tried too hard last night. Distinctly average I thought.

Should have watched Hot Chip instead, they were excellent.
  • The big black girl presenter with the buck teeth has shot straight to the top of my most annoying people chart. And it's only the second time I've seen her!
  • The big black girl presenter with the buck teeth has shot straight to the top of my most annoying people chart. And it's only the second time I've seen her!

She reminds me of Justin Fletcher from cbeebies crossed with Gary Wilmot. For that reason, I like her.

I'm sure she's at least partially deaf. It's the way she talks.

Blatantly straight from the Grimmy and co school of dog shit presenters.
  • Anyone just see Lee Nelson run on the stage with Kanye at Glasto
  • Went to Cropredy once many years ago. Roy Harper was playing. He was cack.
  • Is Kanye west not singing/swearing the same words over different melodies?

To be fair
    I'm not really down wiv the hip hop massiv much nowadays

So I'll jus shut the motherf***n dumb a** n**ga up!
  • Young Kanye should have had a butchers at Burt Bacharach earlier. That was a show!
  • Is Kanye west not singing/swearing the same words over different melodies?

To be fair
    I'm not really down wiv the hip hop massiv much nowadays

So I'll jus shut the motherf***n dumb a** n**ga up!

Noticed the same! Goes along with the words , then gets bored and let's the backing track do the business!
  • Watching Sleaford Mods on the red button. Not heard these on Capital before...