Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Music Festivals and You (innocent virgin or overindulged wench)

Comments

• Watching Suede. Bliss.
  • Watching Suede on BBC4 - Kanye got on me tits.Cant do Rap.
  • edited June 2015
    One piss-poor bit of BBC coverage is they have a red button to choose another band - but its from earlier in the day - for example, i know Moody Blues are on one of the stages now - but cant get to see them - its either Pharrell Williams or Palomah Faith or some other shit that ive never heard of.
  • edited June 2015
    The Suede guitarist looks like he has been ported in from the 80's.
  • So many people I know bang on about Kanye West and how innovative he is. I just don't get it....its absolutely dreadful!
  • Watching Sleaford Mods on the red button. Not heard these on Capital before...

Went to their gig at Koko a few weeks back and it was brilliant, never been in such a diverse crowd.

I'm enjoying Kanye unlike a lot of people it appears. That's fine though you can always turn it over.
  • edited June 2015
    Kanye live is incredible.

Dislike him as a person all you want, he puts on a show.
  • Biggest music star on the planet right now.

It's a bit like Mayweather where people will tune in just to see him screw up, making everything he does a massive event.

Other than technical glitches in the middle thought it was fantastic.
  • I like a bit of rap, hip hop etc ,but honestly thought kanye was fckin boring, don't think he's topped his graduation day album .
    The staging and lighting was a great show but his singing was awful and the music, well, just 90% of it was boring and samey.
  • Jaddick said:

Quite the opposite for me. Like some of his tunes but all he did was stand under a load of lamps. Pitiful.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2015
    Re KW, as a show it was dreadful and boring and I couldn't understand a word he said,so went to bed after half an hour.

Burt Bacharach however, was far more watchable, probably one of the greatest songwriters ever.
  • McBobbin said:

Watching Suede. Bliss.

Absolutely brilliant band
  • edited June 2015
    cafctom said:

So many people I know bang on about Kanye West and how innovative he is. I just don't get it....its absolutely dreadful!

Some of his recent stuff is a bit lazy but Through The Wire/Jesus Walks are some of the best rap songs of the last couple of decades. Gold Digger too.

Thought he was alright, probably should have mixed up the lighting a little bit though that got a little annoying.

Pretty sure he'll be better than The Who will be later based on their Superbowl show a few years back, pretty sure they won't get the same complaints though as they fit the Glasto ideology more though....
  • Jaddick said:

Yeah, a bad one.
  • edited June 2015
    I didnt watch much of his 'show' - but of what i did -probably first three 'tunes' - was shite.
  • edited June 2015
    buckshee said:

Jaddick said:

Quite the opposite for me. Like some of his tunes but all he did was stand under a load of lamps. Pitiful.
    What more could he have done? The lighting was really good. Visually in live shows he's unquestionably one of the best. He often goes for the minimallistic stages, I think it works.

Generally I don't think Kanye will ever be fully appreciated because people find it so easy to hate him. That's completely understandable though.

If you appreciate the genre of music (which given the comments I don't think a lot do), there's really no way you can listen to MBTDF, Graduation, CD, LR and even Yeezus and think it's awful.
  • Been to the Tramlines festival in Sheffield (100+ venues over three days in July) last two years we attended Folk in the Park event which was a chilled family friendly event. Around 100,000 attend this festival now which i believe is about £30.

First proper festival was Sweden Rock last month in Solvesborg. Headlines, Def Leppard - Very very good, Motley Crue - Average, Judas Priest - Absolutely awesome. Average age is 40, which suited me just fine. Lots of all day drinking by hairy arsed biker gangs and no hassle during the whole festival. Already looking to book next year.
  • Jaddick said:

buckshee said:

Jaddick said:

What more could he have done? The lighting was really good. Visually in live shows he's unquestionably one of the best. He often goes for the minimallistic stages, I think it works.

Generally I don't think Kanye will ever be fully appreciated because people find it so easy to hate him. That's completely understandable though.

If you appreciate the genre of music (which given the comments I don't think a lot do), there's really no way you can listen to MBTDF, Graduation, CD, LR and even Yeezus and think it's awful.
    Even fewer people appreciate the genre of thrash metal, but that didn't stop Metallica raising eyebrows last year.
  • edited June 2015
    Just got back this morning , been doing it for a couple of years now , two days of Synth , EDM , Music.
    1st night was the bands celebrating the music of the great Basildon bands of the past, Depeche Mode, Yazoo, Erasure, Alison Moyet , second night was their own music
  • Keep Glastonbury, Reading etc Boomtown is the best festival in the UK these days imo
  • Sponsored links:

• What playing @fadgadget ?
  • What playing @fadgadget ?

East end boy was our Frank

• Never been and zero interest.

Have only ever seen 2 bands live as well (Madness and Crowded House) - aside from all the stuff at Uni but that did include the likes of Del Amitri and The Orb......
  • Jaddick said:

buckshee said:

Jaddick said:

I love rap. Been listening to it since I was a teenager - grew up with public enemy, nwa, ice cube, nas, the beasties and then later the Def Jux label and lots of others.

I think Kanye West is shite. Absolute shite. Self-indulgent shite of the highest order.
  • spot on

Have you seen some of Charles Hamilton You tube freestyling

Quality
  • Watching Suede on BBC4 - Kanye got on me tits.Cant do Rap.

Went off Suede when Brett Anderson said Weller should give up and let us enjoy our Jam records in peace.
  • brogib said:

Watching Suede on BBC4 - Kanye got on me tits.Cant do Rap.

Went off Suede when Brett Anderson said Weller should give up and let us enjoy our Jam records in peace.
    I think he had a point.
  • First festival was isle of wight 2012 it was raining and very muddy for 4 days but the experience and seeing tom petty, pearl jam and bruce springsteen was an experience you will never forget I have then gone to glasto 2013,2014,2015 and think it is the best festival in the world just the people and the things you see there is mindblowing If you ever get a chance to go do it.