Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What a waste of money!

124»

Comments

• Options
    In the context of the time.....Andy Jones

Of course Traore has to be there too.
  • Options
    Karim Bagheri? £1m and played for 20 mins at Ipswich.
  • Options
    Virtually any of the current squad who cost more than five bob. Utter waste of money the lot of em. Even those who are good players like JBG don't give a toss.
  • Options
    Johann Berg Gudmunsson
  • Options
    Simonsen said:

Karim Bagheri? £1m and played for 20 mins at Ipswich.

Didnt help at the time that the Asian Countries would play endless matches against each other which meant Karim was always on International Duty, just look at the amount of games that Reza is able to play for us now
  • Options

My memory of Jeffers is of him scoring two good goals to beat Villa then starting on the bench in the next game. Curbs must have had his reasons but as an outsider that hardly seemed to be good man-management.

I remember him looking quite good early on and linking well with Danny Murphy but think he was a victim of Curbs move to a 5 man midfield to accommodate Murphy's wandering tendencies.

For me its Endean or Milne - the latter signing was particularly galling as we sold our captain and talisman Mark Aizlewood to fund squad improvements and splashed over half of it on the overweight useless winger from Scotland!

How much did Endean cost? £20k? Not a big fee even then......just one of those things. Looked a star in non-league, did ok at Watford but never went beyond being an adequate third level striker.