Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

El Hadji Ba (Confirmed - and guess what? Undisclosed Fee!)

Comments

• Personally any player I've not heard of before or seen play I should always give the benefit of the doubt in terms of potential for us and what they might bring. I think the amount of churn we've had from the network might have influenced some negatively, but I am as excited about this signing as I am Bauer. Keep em coming
  • Sounds like its a Permanent deal too rather than on loan
  • Sounds like its a Permanent deal too rather than on loan

He was out of contract with Sunderland.
  • Be interesting to see whether more experience is added later on or will we persevere with young bucks with potential.
  • alangee said:

Sounds like its a Permanent deal too rather than on loan

He has another year to go on his Sunderland contract

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/23260688
  • I hope he makes more impact that the last Sunderland player we signed.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2015
    Scoham said:

alangee said:

Sounds like its a Permanent deal too rather than on loan

He has another year to go on his Sunderland contract

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/23260688
    Txmarket says end of June 2015 but maybe they talking about the loan period.
  • I'm excited to see what he can do (if we get him), saw a few Sunderland fans on twitter and their forums saying he looked like he had what it takes to break through and would rather see him be loaned.

If we get Ba and the Dutch league striker, on top of Bauer already then it's all looking good. Can say what you want about Gomez being sold, he was never gonna be around for long.
  • Youse are really weird with the undisclosed fee thing. Why does it matter.
    Strange.
  • Welcome aboard!
  • Youse are really weird with the undisclosed fee thing. Why does it matter.
    Strange.

Every club announce signings as undisclosed these days, can't remember last signing i see where they announced the a fee. Just something for Charlton fans to moan about I guess.
  • Scarfy!
  • Sponsored links:

• Welcome aboard!

This ... and all the luck in the world .. let's all get behind our new players from the start of the season
  • Glad about this, as long as it doesn't mean that JC is off......
  • I honestly know next to nothing about the guy, far from enough to have any expectations, which is actually quite refreshing in some ways. Here's hoping he's Coquelin come again, and this time permanently! And hey, if he's signed from Sunderland I guess that means he counts as knowing 'the English game.'
  • I guess Ba could become more of a scapesheep than a scapegoat.
  • Welcome El Hadj!

Based on his pedigree I am hopeful he will be a success, sounds like if he is given somewhere to be loved and that will give him time to rediscover his form he could flourish.

Happier to be signing players like him than the ones we were signing towards the end of the last owner's reign, but still hope we will supplement the signings of promising young foreign players with a couple of Championship veterans as well, just to keep the balance of experience in place that we had last year seeing as we have released the likes of TBH, Eagles and Johnson.
  • Seems like a decent signing. The only question mark would be over how well he's recovered from that broken leg.
    Good luck EHB.
  • Valley11 said:

Seems like a decent signing. The only question mark would be over how well he's recovered from that broken leg.
    Good luck EHB.

If it is his standing leg and the other one is as good as Ryan Giggs' (who only used one leg to play with), he should be all right