Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

El Hadji Ba (Confirmed - and guess what? Undisclosed Fee!)

Comments

• Options

bobcafc7 said:

Youse are really weird with the undisclosed fee thing. Why does it matter.
    Strange.

Every club announce signings as undisclosed these days, can't remember last signing i see where they announced the a fee. Just something for Charlton fans to moan about I guess.

Within 2 minutes of turning on sky sports news today i saw Cech to Arsenal for 10m, Clyne to Liverpool for 12.5m and Paulinho to some chinese side for 9.8m
    Both Chelsea and Arsenal websites say Cech was an undisclosed fee. The other two deals haven't even happened yet but I bet will be undisclosed. Sky speculate otherwise they wouldn't have a story.
  • Options

Ba humbug, another premiership castoff.

He'll be signed just in time for Christmas
  • Options
    No view as I've never heard of him. On the plus side, he's a body and we need reinforcements.
  • Options

Macronate said:

yes but they were 10 very good minutes.

Have you been eavesdropping on my conversations with my missus?
    Have you been doing things twice?
  • Options

Macronate said:

yes but they were 10 very good minutes.

Have you been eavesdropping on my conversations with my missus?
    Have you been doing things twice?

Those days are long gone I'm afraid.
  • Options
    Going by the Sunderland fans reaction and his appearances for France at various age levels, I'd expect we've got a decent Championship player on our hands, at the very least he adds to our numbers.

Another position that needed strengthening especially with the injuries to JJ and Diarra last season. In the Championship you need at least 4 players in that position, with suspensions and three fixtures in a week a lot of the time. With JJ and Diarra getting on it's good to have another youngster in there.

Yes we need a striker and another CB, but players don't necessarily become available in the order you need them.
  • Options
    Something is not quite right here for me with his record.

Basically, since his record of playing 90 minutes is as follows:

14/15 - 4
    13/14 - 0
    12/13 - 5
    11/12 - 0 (excluding eight B team apps)

From moving up from Le Havre's B team in 2011/12, he has started just 23 games and been subbed in 14 of them. He has only played a full 90 minutes 9 times since 2011, and 4 of those were at B team level.

I'm not really understanding the positivity from Sunderland fans reaction, he come on in the last 19 mins of a game for Sunderland about a year and a half ago and that was it.

Appreciate he is still young-ish (22), but that is pretty rare for a player to feature so rarely for a full game, isn't it? (and this before he broke his leg).

Seems a strange signing this one. If he turns out to be a good signing then the scout has really earned his commission on this one.
  • Options
    edited June 2015

14/15 - 4
    13/14 - 0
    12/13 - 5

From moving up from Le Havre's B team in 2011/12, he has started just 23 games and been subbed in 14 of them. He has only played a full 90 minutes 9 times since 2011, and 4 of those were at B team level.

I'm not really understanding the positivity from Sunderland fans reaction, he come on in the last 19 mins of a game for Sunderland about a year and a half ago and that was it.

Appreciate he is still young-ish (22), but that is pretty rare for a player to feature so rarely for a full game, isn't it? (and this before he broke his leg).

Seems a strange signing this one. If he turns out to be a good signing then the scout has really earned his commission on this one.

I fear that the people 'earning' their commission with respect to our signings so far are the agents of the two players we have signed!
  • Options

14/15 - 4
    13/14 - 0
    12/13 - 5

I presume he's had plenty of minutes for their U21 side?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

14/15 - 4
    13/14 - 0
    12/13 - 5

No idea Gal, just thought strange we'd signed a player coming back from a broken leg given the problems we've had signing Moussa who was not fully fit, and surprised to see how little game time the fella has had.

• Options

14/15 - 4
    13/14 - 0
    12/13 - 5

No idea Gal, just thought strange we'd signed a player coming back from a broken leg given the problems we've had signing Moussa who was not fully fit, and surprised to see how little game time the fella has had.

Yeah i think its a gamble but perhaps the club feel the potential outweighs the risk, especially with someone like Diarra to mentor him.
  • Options

14/15 - 4
    13/14 - 0
    12/13 - 5

Yeah i think its a gamble but perhaps the club feel the potential outweighs the risk, especially with someone like Diarra to mentor him.
    I don't think it is a great risk. I doubt we have paid any upfront fee for him apart from his agent's fees. The same with Bauer. I suspect that the undisclosed fees for both players are entirely appearance/performance related together with generous sell on clauses. At least I hope that is the case considering there will be so many experienced out of contract championship players available from tomorrow.
  • Options

14/15 - 4
    13/14 - 0
    12/13 - 5

I don't think it is a great risk. I doubt we have paid any upfront fee for him apart from his agent's fees. The same with Bauer. I suspect that the undisclosed fees for both players are entirely appearance/performance related together with generous sell on clauses. At least I hope that is the case considering there will be so many experienced out of contract championship players available from tomorrow.
    Maybe the case with Ba but I can't see a top flight Portuguese team letting one of their best players go for nothing (up front). If Bauer gets injured and never plays they won't get anything for him.
  • Options
    Pretty sure Bauer cost us £1.5m(ish)
  • Options
    Scoham said:

14/15 - 4
    13/14 - 0
    12/13 - 5

Maybe the case with Ba but I can't see a top flight Portuguese team letting one of their best players go for nothing (up front). If Bauer gets injured and never plays they won't get anything for him.
    He only had one year of his contract left so they would have got nothing for him after this season anyway.
  • Options
    WSS said:

Pretty sure Bauer cost us £1.5m(ish)

Having seen the video and the fact that he only had one year of his contract left I find the figures quoted on Twitter totally unbelievable. If he plays most games for the next two years and we get promoted then yes, we may end up paying a fee in this region for him.
  • Options
    WSS said:

He better not join this site with that writting style...

As long as he knows the difference between bought and brought, he'll be fine.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    WSS said:

He better not join this site with that writting style...

If you look at his Twitter profile, he's no Joey Barton - hardly uses it. That's a positive for me. Less shit to read.
  • Options
    Looks like he is trying to detonate something.
  • Options
    Good to hear, looking forward to seeing him play (though we did pay an undisclosed fee for him).
  • Options
    What sort of midfielder mate ?
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Good to hear, looking forward to seeing him play (though we did pay an undisclosed fee for him).

Meant to say was it a free transfer. Couldn't remember.
  • Options
    Our best player today. He's done enough to cement a place going into the season