Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

SKY TV Game Listings (Fulham H now Sun 4th Oct)

Comments

• Options
    Its a northern thing with Sky, they need more subscribers in the north of the country.

It don't really worry me anymore, its really been like this since the invention of football round about 1992.
    Although I did one record a good live game that I went to. But that must have been way back in '98.
  • Options

Beyond pathetic. As I tweeted them, they've left match selection to interns.

Who all happen to be Leeds and Derby fans.

• Options
    Wolves will have been on more times this season than we have in almost four calendar years...
  • Options
    And according to this page there are 25 teams in the championship - Blackpool have had a reprieve apparently.

http://www.skysports.com/watch/football-on-sky/competitions/championship

Useless cnuts
  • Options
    From a selfish point of view I'm glad.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lets hope they don't show us all season, and then save it for when we're in the playoffs final at Wembley.
  • Options
    edited July 2015

Of course I want to see us on Sky as often as possible. But even if I were still in the UK I couldn't for the life of me see why you would not want us on TV. The club earns facility fees from the TV company, more exposure means we can charge more for ground boards, shirt sponsorship etc, and it may encourage kids seeing us on TV to ask their Dad to take them to The Valley (a lot more useful than a shagging couple or a sofa). If a lunchtime KO means you can't have a lie in - so what? You can always watch it on the tele...

1 We tend to perform badly on TV.

2 I don't think the TV fees are that good, especially for the away team. (not sure what they are now). And the TV money is offset by a reduced attendance, especially when the KO time is anti social.

3 More TV coverage would put off kids :smile:

4 A lunchtime KO makes for a poor atmosphere & just isn't as good

5 A late afternoon KO is even worse

6 It buggers up your advanced away day train tickets, when switched for TV. So you either lose your train fare or don't book 3 months in advance & have to pay a lot more in any case.

Anyway, I admire you e mailing Sky, but personally I couldn't give a toss, even though I know "it's not fair".

It's very simple, they televise the teams that will give the biggest viewing figures and Leeds are the "biggest" club.

I agree that if I lived in Portugal. I would be happy for Charlton to be shown more often.
  • Options
    Share her email address please
  • Options
    Charlton v Brentford or Brentford v Charlton seems the logical fixture for sky to cover then
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:

Looking at that list other than the BC v NF they all seem local derby's, is that to ensure decent crowds? I wonder.

Like the two on October 11th..........................
  • Options

Dansk_Red said:

Looking at that list other than the BC v NF they all seem local derby's, is that to ensure decent crowds? I wonder.

Cant beat the local derbies of Exeter v Stevenage or Notts County v Plymouth

Sorry couldnt resist ;)

Dansk_Red said:

Like the two on October 11th..........................
    Oi... Get ya own jokes!! :)
  • Options

Of course I want to see us on Sky as often as possible. But even if I were still in the UK I couldn't for the life of me see why you would not want us on TV. The club earns facility fees from the TV company, more exposure means we can charge more for ground boards, shirt sponsorship etc, and it may encourage kids seeing us on TV to ask their Dad to take them to The Valley (a lot more useful than a shagging couple or a sofa). If a lunchtime KO means you can't have a lie in - so what? You can always watch it on the tele...

2 I don't think the TV fees are that good, especially for the away team. (not sure what they are now). And the TV money is offset by a reduced attendance, especially when the KO time is anti social.

6 It buggers up your advanced away day train tickets, when switched for TV. So you either lose your train fare or don't book 3 months in advance & have to pay a lot more in any case.

Anyway, I admire you e mailing Sky, but personally I couldn't give a toss, even though I know "it's not fair".

It's very simple, they televise the teams that will give the biggest viewing figures and Leeds are the "biggest" club.

I agree that if I lived in Portugal. I would be happy for Charlton to be shown more often.
    1) Coincidence
    2) The fees are more than nothing and you have failed to address the commercial aspect
    3) :smile:
    4) Agree about the atmosphere, but "& just isn't as good" - what does that mean?
    5) That's just not true.
    6) I agree with that.

Anyway - the e-mail address for PL54 is mailto:ViewerR@BSkyB.com
  • Options

I think the FL clubs agreed that all the facility fee should go to home clubs, as there isn't really any loss of revenue to the visitors.
  • Options

Lets hope they don't show us all season, and then save it for when we're in the playoffs final at Wembley.

Hopefully we dont have to go via the Play-Offs :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So I see yet again we are left off the list, sky are absolute cnuts aren't they? Agree with curb it that it would be nice to have the odd game especially with work and family commitments these days making it so much harder getting to games. Let's hope there are some live streams again this year or Roland let's us tap into his. Going to throw an email at sky aswell and will await their generic response.
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

Typical Norvern monkey bias....Leeds, Massive, Preston, Brighton all on!!!

You may be joking, but it certainly looks like Northern bias. Of course, it would need a lot longer time frame to prove it.

Four southern teams unrepresented. No northern teams unrepresented.
    No southern teams with more than one showing. Three northern and three midlands teams with more than one showing.

Screenshot 2015-07-30 13.44.23

Screenshot 2015-07-30 13.43.44

Still, it's the north. There's nothing else for them to do. Bless 'em.
  • Options
    Charlton Athletic, a proper football club that plays its weekend games when all true football fans want them to be played, Saturday afternoon, 3 o'clock kick off...unless the financial reward to the club is significant, long may it continue that our games are not selected to be shown on TV...
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Here's the full list of appearances announced so far, using Sigs northernness scale...

Middlesbrough 3
    Burnley 4
    Leeds 6
    Preston 2
    Hull 2
    Blackburn 3
    Huddersfield 2
    Bolton 2
    Rotherham 2
    Sheff Weds 3
    Forest 5
    Derby 6
    Wolves 5
    Birmingham 4
    Ipswich 2
    Milton Keynes 1
    QPR 3
    Brentford 0
    Charlton 0
    Fulham 2
    Cardiff 2
    Bristol C 1
    Reading 1
    Brighton 1

Includes Capital 1 Cup games for Leeds & Derby
  • Options

Here's the full list of appearances announced so far, using Sigs northernness scale...

Middlesbrough 3
    Burnley 4
    Leeds 6
    Preston 2
    Hull 2
    Blackburn 3
    Huddersfield 2
    Bolton 2
    Rotherham 2
    Sheff Weds 3
    Forest 5
    Derby 6
    Wolves 5
    Birmingham 4
    Ipswich 2
    Milton Keynes 1
    QPR 3
    Brentford 0
    Charlton 0
    Fulham 2
    Cardiff 2
    Bristol C 1
    Reading 1
    Brighton 1

Includes Carling Cup games for Leeds & Derby

That surely cannot be coincidence .Why the northern biase ?
  • Options
    Revised chart based on Algarve's figures:

Screenshot 2015-07-30 14.26.44
  • Options
    Midlandish bias
  • Options
    This is something KM should be speaking about especially when she is talking to the main press.
  • Options
    There are moves afoot within the club to address the issue.
  • Options
    Taking the good old Watford Gap as a dividing line, 49 appearances from 14 clubs originating from north of the esteemed service station, 13 from the 10 below...