Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

SKY TV Game Listings (Fulham H now Sun 4th Oct)

Comments

• Dont they show epl and champs on local broadcasters?
  • razil said:

Shhhh

Must admit I thought they'd switched satelites so the footprint didnt cover the continent, do they use big dishes?

No that was the BBC. Thats why I have a sodding great dish in my garden that is largely useless (although it seems to have got better again in the later evening)

Diverting slightly this article is a well balanced look at how illegal streams eat into the business plans of the big boys.
  • I seem to remember there were a few decent streams for games at the beginning of last season but that quickly dried up - anyone know why?
  • PL54 said:

I seem to remember there were a few decent streams for games at the beginning of last season but that quickly dried up - anyone know why?

I watched quite a few of our games last season via great quality, it was strange though as no commentary so im assuming it was not being shown on TV anywhere in the world?
  • PL54 said:

I seem to remember there were a few decent streams for games at the beginning of last season but that quickly dried up - anyone know why?

Was finding links on Wiziwig but then it got shut down.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

Ha Seth, no offence taken at all. If you knew what I knew, you'd be even worse!

razil said:

razil said:

I say fk em, the mainly showed our home games or london games anyway

As previously stated by Airman, it is believed you only earn facility fee for home games, if it's local away games then disruption for travelling fans isn't that great. Why deny the many people who cannot attend games through reasons of age, incapacity, finance or geography the right to see a few games a season?
    Sure I was being flippant. But surely nearly all of the above could see a few matches in person, we only get one or two on tv per season anyway, and televised football at championship level has never been widespread.

Livng abroad is a different broadcaster and not dependent on SKY I believe.

I do actually think contractually SKY should be obliged to divvy out the coverage evenly somehow, for the fans benefit if not the clubs.

I suspect we will get some coverage later in the season, if our squad rebuild has been a success.
    Sky is everywhere abroad, albeit illicitly, but it brings in a lot of revenue for the company nonetheless.
    How does that work?
    Because people pay a subscription the same as they do in the UK Jimmy.
  • Not to Sky they don't.
  • razil said:

Dont they show epl and champs on local broadcasters?

Plenty of EPL (depending on where you are) , almost no championship in most places (in Portugal no championship at all).

If you Goole "Ljs Football" Raz, that site will show you who covers what in great detail. I would put a link, but the site is temporarily unavailable.

Over here it's Benfica TV who have the rights and more or less show the same as Sky, plus one other at 3PM on Saturday, and occasionally an extra Prem game Sky are not covering on a weeknight, but normally it's the same ones.

If pubs subscribe to that, they don't seem to mind them having Sky as well.

• PL54 said:

I watched quite a few of our games last season via great quality, it was strange though as no commentary so im assuming it was not being shown on TV anywhere in the world?
    Ahem... Why did you not share this?
  • Sponsored links:

• PL54 said:

As Damo said, Wiziwig was the place. Since their demise the only championship game that you can normally stream on a Saturday is the one that I think the Football league choose to make available to show around the world. This Saturday the age old rivalry between Sheffield Weds and Bristol City takes centre stage, almost fulfilling the remit that 75% of all televised games should feature northern clubs... Four international stations are claiming to be showing that at this stage.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

Not to Sky they don't.

Enlighten me as to whom I was paying my fifty quid a month to for the nine years I had a bar then Jimmy, or indeed to whom my mate Alfredo currently pays his £60 a month to?
  • Oh sorry, I misunderstood your point; we were talking about illegal streaming earlier, thought you were referring to that. Which is why it made no sense to me!!
  • No - illegal streaming is too erratic for bars Jimmy, better to pay the (albeit domestic rate) and have a reliable signal. We have streamed Charlton games when they have been on, but not advertised them as you never know until the last minute if they are going to actually appear.
  • edited August 2015
    Dazzler21 said:

PL54 said:

I found them on Wiziwig(i miss that site) think it was 5 games in total, i want to say it was called something like Stadium Live but that could be wrong.

If my memory is correct, they were all home games, so maybe i did stumble onto Rolands personal live stream back to Belgium.
  • I saw Bournemouth away on a stream, but that may have been the game the FL put out that day.
  • PL54 said:

As Damo said, Wiziwig was the place. Since their demise the only championship game that you can normally stream on a Saturday is the one that I think the Football league choose to make available to show around the world. This Saturday the age old rivalry between Sheffield Weds and Bristol City takes centre stage, almost fulfilling the remit that 75% of all televised games should feature northern clubs... Four international stations are claiming to be showing that at this stage.
    There are websites out there still hosting all the links that Wiziwig hosted. The streams showing Championship games were disappearing months before Wiziwig got taken down so I don't think it's to do with that. I believe some betting companies would show the matches to people who had bet on them (not in the UK) and some people then recorded those streams and put them online. The betting companies then cracked down on that so we don't have those streams any more. But in this giant game of Whack-a-mole I expect we will see some more streams again at some point.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

Oh sorry, I misunderstood your point; we were talking about illegal streaming earlier, thought you were referring to that. Which is why it made no sense to me!!

There is a significant business setting up expats with Sky. In my case I did not initially need them as I have always retained a UK address and bank account. Although I used a company to get me my last Sky Digibox. But in other cases the company actually sets up the account for expats. They are warned not to call Sky directly on an identifiable international number. So long as you don't (e.g. use ID block) Sky are perfectly happy to take your money, while denying all knowledge of this market. I'd guess half a million subscribers outside the UK across the Astra footprint ...I heard there are 5k in Prague, so make that 4 x as many in Berlin, and on it goes...

Meanwhile the BBC moved to the smaller Astra to avoid paying Sky to encrypt the signal. Apparently there are 1.5k 2 meters dishes in Prague, all of which are there for the hapless owner to get BBC domestic, which we can no longer do, except for a couple of hours a night on some channels. I am sure every single one of us would have preferred a digital BBC licence to shelling out a grand on a bloody great dish. When we moved in, most of our neighbours regarded the thing with deep suspicion and concluded I work for MI6.
  • foxjam said:

PL54 said:

The betting companies illuminati then cracked down on that so we don't have those streams any more. But in this giant game of Whack-a-mole I expect we will see some more streams again at some point.
    There will be no more streaming, it has been decreed.
  • So here's the e-mail I sent Sky after they released the final batch of fixtures for the start of the season, and their bag-o-shite reply, in which they hint that the lack of coverage might be down to the local authority, the old bill or the club - patently another smokescreen...

I see from the new batch of fixtures that you are STILL not featuring Charlton (or Brentford for that matter). You (Sky that is, not you personally) are taking the Mickey now.

However I am very keen to hear a persuasive argument that my original point is invalid. We have Leeds on yet again, along with Derby, Forest and Wolves’ fifth appearances of the season, before a ball is kicked. Favourites for relegation, Rotherham, are even on twice. And please don’t try and tell me it is about local derbies, we have three of them in the time frame we are looking at.

Please just admit the bias, it’s clear for all to see.

Best Regards

Perry

Hi Perry
    Thank you for taking the time to contact us about Sky Sports broadcasting schedules from the Championship League.
    It goes without saying every fan would like to see more of their team on TV and your comments regarding our current published schedule have been noted.
    Our contract as agreed with the Football League is that each team must be selected at least once at home. There are a variety of reasons why some teams have more matches televised than others, including the logistics of being able to play at the time chosen by Sky, and as the season progresses, being in a fixture that is likely to have an influence on the playoff places.
    Our schedule is a balance of following the big head to heads, key battles at both ends of the table, plus other match ups that our viewers value and enjoy. We select each fixture in conjunction with the Football League, the clubs and local authorities , and we also have to take into consideration what is permissible from our broadcast contract.
    We try to be as balanced as possible in our coverage, not just through live matches, but also offering several opportunities for viewers to see goals and other key moments via various support programming including Football First and Goals on Sunday, Sky Sports News and skysports.com.
    I am afraid there is nothing further we can add to make our response more favourable to you.
    Here's looking forward to an exciting new football season and once more thank you for letting us know your thoughts about the broadcast schedules.
    Kind regards
    Sina

• Sponsored links:

• edited August 2015
    So a big head to head match between Charlton v Queens Park Rangers isnt worth showing because?

- London Derby
    - Newly relegated Premier League team looking to adjust
    - New look Charlton team

Whilst Brighton v Forest is worth showing because:

- One team is under a transfer embago
    - Neither team finished close to the Play-Offs
    - Ermmm... Help me out here people
  • If I was AA my next move would be to send the correspondence to the FL and Greenwich Council, pointing out that Sky are blaming them and asking for their observations. We know it is down to Sky really but their responses would be the basis of a reply to Sky.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

I can certainly try! My previous contact is quite senior now so I'll try him out. I also know some of the marketing people so they might have access. I'll see what I can do next week. Not sure what I can find out about access fees but again I'll give it a shot.

If your contact doesn't come back with anything then let me know Jimmy, I can look up all BARB data at work.

• Hex said:

If I was AA my next move would be to send the correspondence to the FL and Greenwich Council, pointing out that Sky are blaming them and asking for their observations. We know it is down to Sky really but their responses would be the basis of a reply to Sky.

Or even the club as well.
  • Ross said:

Hex said:

If I was AA my next move would be to send the correspondence to the FL and Greenwich Council, pointing out that Sky are blaming them and asking for their observations. We know it is down to Sky really but their responses would be the basis of a reply to Sky.

Or even the club as well.
    The club have it Ross, and are acting on it as far as I know.
  • Dazzler21 said:

PL54 said:

I found them on Wiziwig(i miss that site) think it was 5 games in total, i want to say it was called something like Stadium Live but that could be wrong.

If my memory is correct, they were all home games, so maybe i did stumble onto Rolands personal live stream back to Belgium.
    So the pictures must exist somewhere still - just need to find them ?
  • That just about sums it up P.I.P. :smile:
  • I don't suppose for a minute there is any functioning bias against lil old charlton in the fetid corridors of M"rd0ch's rancid organ cos what difference does it make to them/him.
    What is genuinely troubling is that the FL rubber stamp this corruption of the championship. The home teams receive a broadcast fee when their games are televised. I can't remember if the visitors do too? One fee is unlikely to transform a season's budget but the distortion is unarguable when some teams receive many times as much as others. Being effectively invisible to TV must also have an impact on teams' generation of advertising/sponsorship revenues. The FL is obliged to be the arbiter of fairness in these matters and is patently ignoring its responsibility. Appalling but far from surprising.