Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

SKY TV Game Listings (Fulham H now Sun 4th Oct)

191011121315»

Comments

• Options

ross1 said:

Even though I do not to get as many games as I used to, I would rather we was not on Sky, with our record. I would rather Redmidland tell me how we are winning a game, that watch us lose on TV

You make that sound like a regular occurrence!!
    everytime we win
  • Options
    The invention of the cathode ray tube was the death nell of our club i tell yer!
  • Options

The invention of the cathode ray tube was the death nell of our club i tell yer!

I think we peaked when Pathe news was around !

Black and White wins again.
  • Options

Leeds officials have stopped Sky TV from entering Elland Road in a bid to stop them screening Tuesday night's Championship game against Derby.

It is the ninth time a Leeds league match has been picked for live coverage and it is set to kick off at 19:45 GMT.

This is also the ninth time Derby have been chosen for a live match. Nottingham Forest have already been shown on TV on nine occasions, the most for any Championship club this season.
    Preston, Brentford, Charlton, Rotherham and MK Dons have been on the television twice.
  • Options

Leeds officials have stopped Sky TV from entering Elland Road in a bid to stop them screening Tuesday night's Championship game against Derby.

It is the ninth time a Leeds league match has been picked for live coverage and it is set to kick off at 19:45 GMT.

This is also the ninth time Derby have been chosen for a live match. Nottingham Forest have already been shown on TV on nine occasions, the most for any Championship club this season.
    Preston, Brentford, Charlton, Rotherham and MK Dons have been on the television twice.
    This is very interesting. Assuming the club don't buckle this could have a significant impact.
  • Options

Wow!
  • Options
    Cellino is a right weirdo, but actually him standing up to SKY in this way could force them to re think the way they distribute televised games.

Or they'll just show Chef Wendy and Forest even more
  • Options
    Fair play to him on this a one. May come across as certifiable, but he has set out his reasons for doing this previously and Sky have obviously ignored him and picked Leeds (and Derby) yet again. Hope he sticks to the ban and the League should consider again any plan to sanction the club over it. Perhaps a renegotiation of any deal that says all clubs should have 5 games scheduled, before you are then allowed to go back to your favourites every week. Would at least make it feel like I wasn't tuning into Sky Sports North every freakin' week!!!
  • Options
    Cellino has gone up in my estimation with this. Someone has to make a stand before the Championship is ruined in the same way as the Premier League.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The bloke is a nutjob but fair play to him. You can almost guarantee that each week either Leeds, Derby or Forest will be featured in the live championship game.

We all know why those sides are shown the most but it's about time someone stood up to sky.
  • Options
    If they were paying £250k + (or whatever it is now) per game, like they do to the Premier League sides, I very much doubt he would have such a problem with it though?
  • Options
    Hope it's a breach of contract and they have to pay all the money back. Would he be doing the same if it was the vast amounts of money which Premiership teams get or teams who have just come down? People Complain about Sky but are all to ready to take the money from them.
  • Options
    Cellino's objection isn't to TV football in itself, but to the collective selling of rights. He wants to flog rights to Leeds matches on his own. That isn't so healthy.

That said, since Sky hog the Football League rights mainly so they've got something to put up against PL matches on BT Sport, they can do one.
  • Options
    Damn... Apparently Leeds have now allowed Sky to televise the match!!
  • Options
    Leeds United have noted that the majority of press reports on the matter have quite rightly appreciated that the club's issues with the Football League relate in part to the entirely disproportionate number of times Sky have selected the club for live transmission. It is not just the number of times the club has been selected, but the fact the adjoining fixtures are also then disrupted which adversely affects the players, the club's logistical arrangements and the fans' arrangements. It is clear to the club that its key supporters, the Season Ticket holders, have also had enough of this constant alteration, often at short notice, to the fixture list to accommodate Sky. - See more at: http://www.leedsunited.com/news/article/tmkq6kplrq2613jrdaw1vsf4e#sthash.KeqoWvdP.dpuf
  • Options
    If Leeds refuse to allow Sky cameras in, they may put us on, oh well, another game lost
  • Options

Damn... Apparently Leeds have now allowed Sky to televise the match!!

Sadly this was all too predictable.
  • Options
    Big button on most TV sets -- on/off people don't want to watch they have the choice

if he was potless he would welcome them in --- and I bet a breach of the championship sky contract would have cost Leeds and the championship millions ...

Money talks ...
  • Options
    jdsd42 said:

Big button on most TV sets -- on/off people don't want to watch they have the choice

if he was potless he would welcome them in --- and I bet a breach of the championship sky contract would have cost Leeds and the championship millions ...

Money talks ...

I don't think the issue was about people at home watching the game it was about Leeds having their fixture list messed about more than the other clubs.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2016
    ThAt is what sky money can do .. Wait till we are back in prem playing Sunday and Monday ... Hate the Monday fixture
  • Options
    jdsd42 said:

ThAt is what sky money can do .. Wait till we are back in prem playing Sunday and Monday ... Hate the Monday fixture

I think you can relax for a while
  • Options
    jdsd42 said:

ThAt is what sky money can do .. Wait till we are back in prem playing Sunday and Monday ... Hate the Monday fixture </blockquote

U ain't been on the booze this afternoon by any chance