Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

SKY TV Game Listings (Fulham H now Sun 4th Oct)

Comments

• Options
    iaitch said:

Think the Sheff Utd was on ITV.

BT Sports
  • Options
    Think of all the neutrals tuning in.
    I can see this scene at many a Sunday morning breakfast table.

Husband Thanks for that lovely breakfast darling. Don't worry, I'll see to the washing up.
    Wife Thank you dear. If you do that and then mow the lawn, I'll forget about dragging you to the garden centre later. You can watch one of those football matches advertised. Only one though dear, we don't want you to go all square eyed do we.
    Husband Thank you dear. I had better hurry up.
    Wife Why's that dear? The bindippers derby is on at 1:30 and the arsenal v Man Utd match not until 4.
    Husband F@(k that dear. Charlton kick off at midday.
  • Options
    iaitch said:

Think the Sheff Utd was on ITV.

Not quite. Was on BT Sport.
  • Options
    I agree that it will always be a silly ko time until they allow 3pm televised games, but why not the Sat early slot when there are trains running? Same with the cup BT/ITV fiasco. There were 4 TV slots available, but we got the one where there was no long distance public transport available and there were more that just Charlton fans questioning it at the time, I seem to remember - lesson learned by Sky, or am I being paranoid :-)
    Surely the TV companies want to see full stadia? Perhaps not? A large number of home fans, and in the case of Fulham a fair percentage of the aways would use the train for this game. As I said before, a pain in the 'arris
  • Options
    Good news for the Fanackapans !!!

All things being equal, we'll be in sunny Tenareef and would miss the Saturday match but now it's on Sky.......!!

• Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

There's good reason for Sky to choose that game - it's a London derby. All of our games are 3pm on a Saturday, to get it on TV it HAS to change to a time nobody here wants (5pm or Sunday). Sure, that means home game supporters get messed about, but are people saying it's completely fair to do that to another club so we can be on TV away instead?

As I keep saying, there's an imbalance that needs attention, and we can do something about that given time to do it. But to moan about not being on TV, than moan EVEN MORE when we get a game announced is really silly. It's not ideal, it is frustrating - but I'm not sure what people want the most here. To be left alone by Sky, or to get on the TV and accept that means changes to the fixtures.

And more importantly, if the team keeps performing, we will end up being on TV more than the average, because there'll be subplots, which is what really appeals to the programme makers. From my time many years ago working with the sports team, the producers were always looking for angles to help write scripts and produce openers/ closers. It's much easier to do those things when you have a subject beyond 'two teams playing for three points' - And a team at the top of the table has more of a story to tell than one in the middle.

JiMMy

In answer to your question personally I would like to be ignored by SKY, but for overseas and far flung supporters I get that they want SKY coverage.
    If the editorial is really about the narrative, well for many of the games chosen there is no narrative discernible to me at the moment.
    I really ought to shut up though, because I don't have SKY and if I want to watch it there is often a moody stream on the internet.

• Options
    edited August 2015

Does the club have no input on which games are televised? There is no train service to/from Charlton on Sunday 4th but there is on Saturday 3rd. Surely somebody has access to this information? I'd be interested to hear what 'process' is undertaken in selecting and agreeing to games televised by m"rd0ch's repugnant organ.

Murdoch selects the games with his cock??????????
    Explains everything :-)
  • Options
    It's a good day of football.

12pm - Charlton v Fulham.

1.30 - Everton v Liverpool

4pm - Arsenal v Man Utd.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just to make it clear ?

Fans like Soapboxsam,covered end, Fanny Fannackapan , Seb Lewis, Airman Brown etc really don't care to much about games being on Sky, because we go,

Fans who are banned,at her majesty's pleasure, Work, live overseas, or have to go shopping, really care, i don't and never have, because most of the time we lose when on the box(Play off final, Beautiful)

Love you Charlton lifers :smile:
  • Options
    I used to go, home and away. I was always happy for us to be on tele because I could see the bigger picture.
  • Options

Just to make it clear ?

Fans like Soapboxsam,covered end, Fanny Fannackapan , Seb Lewis, Airman Brown etc really don't care to much about games being on Sky, because we go,

Fans who are banned,at her majesty's pleasure, Work, live overseas, or have to go shopping, really care, i don't and never have, because most of the time we lose when on the box(Play off final, Beautiful)

Love you Charlton lifers :smile:

But you are Soapboxsam !!!
  • Options
    Thanks Peter, I forgot after that bottle of wine !
  • Options
    Just watching the thriller that's on TV atm. Blackburn vs Bolton... good to see they're showing Derby vs Leeds tomorrow, two sides that are always struggling to get on TV.
  • Options
    Oh my days, sky's just flashed up an advert showing Leeds United again!
  • Options
    Can't get enough of Leeds on the tele, nice one Sky!
  • Options
    This is one big turd of a match. Not even a shot on target after 60 mins.
  • Options
    60 minutes played Blackburn v Bolton and still waiting for first shot on target. Sky can sure pick em
  • Options
    A header on target!!! Followed by a missed open goal.....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Think both of these teams are gonna struggle at the wrong end of the table this season.
  • Options

Does the club have no input on which games are televised? There is no train service to/from Charlton on Sunday 4th but there is on Saturday 3rd. Surely somebody has access to this information? I'd be interested to hear what 'process' is undertaken in selecting and agreeing to games televised by m"rd0ch's repugnant organ.

I thought the no trains was a wind-up but have been on National Rail Enquiries and it is correct, oh dear.

Being selfish, just as well I am in Prague that weekend!
  • Options

Think both of these teams are gonna struggle at the wrong end of the table this season.

Was thinking the same, both are really poor.I can't see us finishing below either of these. Gary Madine is absolutely shocking, championship looks way above his level.
  • Options

I thought the no trains was a wind-up but have been on National Rail Enquiries and it is correct, oh dear.

Being selfish, just as well I am in Prague that weekend!
    The police will have been consulted and agreed. The club doesn't really have a veto.
  • Options

I wish you'd remove those maltesers from your profile pic, LB ...

Making me crave some choccy .

• Options
    Well I have been jumping for joy at this! We arrive back from holiday on Sat eve, staying in London for Ireland v Italy on Sun at 5pm at Olympic Stadium...so now we can head to the Valley beforehand and I can try out how easy it us to get to WHU's new home directly afterwards....!!

Thrilled of Glasgow.
  • Options

I'd guess that may have been a "gold" game otherwise - be silly to make it so now. So the revenue implications are not straightforward.

This game would have been Categorised Gold or Silver due to the fact it's a London derby.

The ticket pricing along with the fact it's a SKY game and the inconvenience caused to some fans by disrupted Transport links would suggets that maybe the club could look into significantly reducing ticket prices on the day and in doing so encourage/attract more walk up ticket sales.

The Club IMO Now have an Opportunity here to really take the issue on board and Make a Statement by making this game available @ £10

It should be a £10 game and the club should advertise this as well, the Team are doing well at the moment Momentum and support is good, the feel good factor is back.

It's a London Derby, C'mon Charlton bums on seats and lets get try and get more people in to support the lads.
  • Options

I wish you'd remove those maltesers from your profile pic, LB ...

Making me crave some choccy .

I thought it was a pic of Peeters and Rosler going head to head at the valley
    in LB Profile !

• Options
    Response to my most recent e-mail. Says the same as the others basically.

Hi Perry,

Thank you for your email.

Over the course of a season we try to show as many teams, and as often, as we possibly can. Regardless of which team is based where, we try to show them whenever we can.

Contrary to common beleif, the decision on which match is going to be shown is not made solely by Sky. Before matches are selected there is consultation between clubs, the FA, the local authorities and the Police. We do not show bias for or against any particular club as we show all teams during the season.

We aim to show as many of the key matches throughout the season as possible, especially when it comes nearer to the end and teams are fighting for the title, play offs and relegation. We will show Charlton as the season goes on, hopefully soon as we do not want our viewers to feel we do not support all clubs.

Thank you for contacting Sky and hopefully the Addicks will have a great season.

• Options

"We do not show bias for or against any particular club as we show all teams during the season."

And of course, the fact that Leeds, Derby, Forest and so on will all have been shown about 10 times each, maybe more, while we've only been shown once is completely irrelevant and not at all an indication of bias.

Dickheads, got a nerve sending out an email like that.