Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

SKY TV Game Listings (Fulham H now Sun 4th Oct)

Comments

• Options

So, if Leeds go on and have a good season and have fixtures that will have an influence on the play off places, how many times will they be on?

Bout 46 times in the League if my count is correct?
  • Options
    But surely the masses want to see Leeds against everyone?
  • Options

So, if Leeds go on and have a good season and have fixtures that will have an influence on the play off places, how many times will they be on?

44 minus the one or two matches missed so far, plus all cup matches.
  • Options

44, they won't be on the two games against us remember. Sky wouldn't allow that
    Yeah but they're gonna lose in the Play-Off Semi Finals, why else show them so often? ;)
  • Options
    Bet we will be on Sky twice, against Leeds home and away!
  • Options

It can't be 46 as they have to play us
  • Options
    So in amongst the variety of factors it is drawn out as the main one to highlight, would it be fair to assume by Annette's mail that charlton have been unwilling to fit into the logistics of the time chosen by Sky?
  • Options

So in amongst the variety of factors it is drawn out as the main one to highlight, would it be fair to assume by Annette's mail that charlton have been unwilling to fit into the logistics of the time chosen by Sky?

I doubt Annette knows or cares why Charlton haven't been on Sky. She won't be part of the scheduling team. She just knows it's one of the reasons why a team might not be on Sky as often. It's a nice reason too, as it's part-blaming Sky but mostly blaming your club for your club not being on TV.

I think subscriptions are a factor. I'll try to put more to this when I'm home from work.
  • Options
    I'll bet there's more sky subscribers in south east London than in Burnley, Hull, Boro or Bristol
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2015

No.

The logistics would be not being able to move games because of police advice, other sky games, local events.

There is no way that all of the four games played or the 10 or 15 which we haven't been chosen for would all be unsuitable for those reasons.

In any case if Sky say jump the clubs ask "how high?" They don't get a choice as the 12.00 Sheffield Utd KO showed.

And it's not because they hate us they just don't think we attract enough TV viewers. Leeds have lots of armchair fans, we don't.

When we are in the top two they will suddenly realise that they haven't shown us. They will then schedule 5 of our later season games. By the time they are played we'll have slipped back into mid-table on purpose just to spite them : - )
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

I'll bet there's more sky subscribers in south east London than in Burnley, Hull, Boro or Bristol

Yeah but I bet more people from Burnley, Hull, Boro and Bristol all steal their subscription through illegal streams more often.
  • Options
    I would love to organise a power cut, or for their cabling to go wrong, or to simply say to Sky 'no, sod off, we don't want your coverage'!
    As a point blank refusal will probably damage Charlton, I am hoping for a power cut, or for some ace electrical genius to be able to scramble and mess up the coverage.
    I would also be up for some focussed and organised sustained chanting below the gantry in the East Stand if they do cover us, especially using the name of the commentator and expert when doing so. I remember when actual people used sex toys and humiliation to force Sky to retreat from training ground gates on transfer deadline day.
    I suppose it is just a dream though.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

I would love to organise a power cut, or for their cabling to go wrong, or to simply say to Sky 'no, sod off, we don't want your coverage'!
    As a point blank refusal will probably damage Charlton, I am hoping for a power cut, or for some ace electrical genius to be able to scramble and mess up the coverage.
    I would also be up for some focussed and organised sustained chanting below the gantry in the East Stand if they do cover us, especially using the name of the commentator and expert when doing so. I remember when actual people used sex toys and humiliation to force Sky to retreat from training ground gates on transfer deadline day.

Seth, have you ever been a steward at The Valley?
  • Options
    Whilst I can appreciate Spurs v Arsenal will have a greater target audience, it infuriates me that a fixture that is guaranteed to be aired twice a season live gets the nod ahead of ours, ridiculous.
  • Options

seth plum said:

Seth, have you ever been a steward at The Valley?
    Maybe in a previous life or in a parallel universe (which is where I am most of the time), but I don't remember it.

• Options
    We are on the telly at last!!! Fulham game now on 4th October... I suppose the old saying, be careful for what you wish for is true!!
    load of shit.
  • Options
    Home to Fulham just announced
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrLargo said:

Great news, nothing like a midday kick-off on a Sunday to get the pulse racing - The Valley will be absolutely rocking!

Thanks a bunch Sky, nobody wants to watch us apart from Algarve Addick anyway, why couldn't you just stay away from our games?!

Nob cheese... :wink:
  • Options
    Dear Annette,

Thanks for nothing.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Sky crap decision. how imaginative of them, it was Fulham away last season wasn't it?
    So a game that might have had a larger than usual crowd is sabotaged by SKY as a sop to Charlton, and they can tuck it away as duty done and tell us we ought to be pleased.
    They can stick it.

Agreed but they're damned if they do and damned if they don't. A result for most of the exiled Addicks here or abroad though.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

seth plum said:

Sky crap decision. how imaginative of them, it was Fulham away last season wasn't it?
    So a game that might have had a larger than usual crowd is sabotaged by SKY as a sop to Charlton, and they can tuck it away as duty done and tell us we ought to be pleased.
    They can stick it.

Agreed but they're damned if they do and damned if they don't. A result for most of the exiled Addicks here or abroad though.
    Yes I get that, for the exiled it is a good thing. However it really does feel like a crumb from the table kind of decision.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Why not televise the long distance games?