Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

SKY TV Game Listings (Fulham H now Sun 4th Oct)

Comments

• Options
    sunday, midday and a home game which I attend anyway ... totally bolox
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Why not televise the long distance games?

We'd have even less away support then and @oohaahmortimer would have a field day :wink:
  • Options
    I'd guess that may have been a "gold" game otherwise - be silly to make it so now. So the revenue implications are not straightforward.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

sunday, midday and a home game which I attend anyway ... totally bolox

Agree. For me even more so as I now go to the Valley on the train from Essex. Saturdays are fine but Sundays are shite.
  • Options
    Thanks algarve et Al. Moved away and missing Charlton so I'm looking forward to seeing this
  • Options
    It doesn't have to be a morgue though, not if we as supporters constantly chant abusive (yet legal) slogans directed at SKY television.
  • Options

I'd guess that may have been a "gold" game otherwise - be silly to make it so now. So the revenue implications are not straightforward.

Wasnt one Gold Game selected for the TV and remained at the higher ticket price a few years ago?
  • Options
    seth plum said:

It doesn't have to be a morgue though, not if we as supporters constantly chant abusive (yet legal) slogans directed at SKY television.

Why would we do that ? On 2nd thoughts, don't answer.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:

• Options
    Does the club have no input on which games are televised? There is no train service to/from Charlton on Sunday 4th but there is on Saturday 3rd. Surely somebody has access to this information? I'd be interested to hear what 'process' is undertaken in selecting and agreeing to games televised by m"rd0ch's repugnant organ.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

seth plum said:

Blimey Seth hasn't half aged since that was taken :wink:
  • Options
    There are no trains that day from London to Charlton, only buses from Lewisham and New Cross.
  • Options
    edited August 2015

Wasnt one Gold Game selected for the TV and remained at the higher ticket price a few years ago?
    Millwall, possibly? The club got itself in a bit of a problem in 2013 because it started specifying "gold" games at the start of the season, partly I think because they sell hospitality earlier than tickets and the prices were linked. The problem is that individual fixtures can be overtaken by circumstances, such as TV, and as far as ticket purchasers are concerned there is no benefit to knowing in August that Leeds in December will be premium priced.

I think the revenue benefit of the whole "gold" match thing (which was my experiment in 2012/13, so I'm not deriding the concept) is debatable and hinges on the away end selling out (or nearly) to stack up, but Fulham only brought 1,600 last season anyway. You don't really want to give people an extra excuse not to come when the game's on TV.

• Options
    Sky have to show each team at least once at home, so our one appearance this season was always going to be at The Valley.
  • Options
    RESULT! I'm in the U.S. for this one so I'm well pleased. :-)
  • Options

Does the club have no input on which games are televised? There is no train service to/from Charlton on Sunday 4th but there is on Saturday 3rd. Surely somebody has access to this information? I'd be interested to hear what 'process' is undertaken in selecting and agreeing to games televised by m"rd0ch's repugnant organ.

Well, in their reply to Leaburn's Daddy's e-mail, they tried to imply that outside factors impact on the games chosen, but clearly disruption in transport to the game isn't one of them.

Please bear in mind, you can still go down the pub and watch it on TV if attendance in person is really impossible. Mind you, you might have to scrap with armchair scousers, as the last 15 minutes will be up against their little local difficulty.
  • Options
    Unbelievable, finally confirmed a weekend free from work and other commitments so i can get to the Valley for the first time this season and its the weekend of the Fulham game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    but you have just said you are free that weekend....
  • Options
    Bollox

Going on holiday Sunday morning and timed it so I wouldn't miss a game because of the international break.

Seriously pissed off
  • Options
    edited August 2015

The first train that got into Sheffield for the 1/4 final was after kick off, so whatever input their have, they just take the money.
  • Options
    Fantastic news for overseas fans like me who only get to see the team play live on TV/internet a couple of times a year. Huge thanks to everyone involved. Truly appreciated.
  • Options
    Cobblers, bad news for us, we train in.
  • Options
    12pm kick off on a Sunday. Great...
  • Options
    Pain in the arse with no trains. Be careful what you wish for. (OR did sky base their decision on how overwhelmed we were with the timing of the Sheff Utd game / public transport)
  • Options
    Think the Sheff Utd was on ITV.
  • Options

It should be made a '£10' game, fill the ground so it looks better on TV - that will encourage fans watching the game to come to the Valley... Loads of empty seats will just make people stay away

Worth a try.