Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rolling Stones

Comments

• PopIcon said:

Riviera said:

PopIcon said:

Gig prices are dear Noel Gallagher at greenwich uni was 55 quid so haven’t bothered for that, the stones for £85 isn’t bad I don’t think

£85 Is ridiculous.
    How? Why? Cheaper than a Lords Test Match ticket, cheaper than a day at Cheltenham.
    Of course it is all subjective, depending how badly you need to see them. For me £85 for a gig is expensive. I really wanted to see Paul Simon in Hyde Park, but couldn't justify the out lay.

I'm going to a couple of the test matches this summer, tickets were around the £35 range.
    Also those massive gigs are shite. Nine out of ten times it sounds awful, plus you won't even be able to see the band. You'll just end up watching them on the massive screen.
  • PopIcon said:

Riviera said:

PopIcon said:

Gig prices are dear Noel Gallagher at greenwich uni was 55 quid so haven’t bothered for that, the stones for £85 isn’t bad I don’t think

£85 Is ridiculous.
    How? Why? Cheaper than a Lords Test Match ticket, cheaper than a day at Cheltenham.
    Of course it is all subjective, depending how badly you need to see them. For me £85 for a gig is expensive. I really wanted to see Paul Simon in Hyde Park, but couldn't justify the out lay.

I'm going to a couple of the test matches this summer, tickets were around the £35 range.
    Hmmm the Greatest Rock n Roll band at the Olympic stadium or a snore fest test match.....it's a tough one......what to choose?
  • PopIcon said:

PopIcon said:

Riviera said:

PopIcon said:

£85 Is ridiculous.

Also those massive gigs are shite. Nine out of ten times it sounds awful, plus you won't even be able to see the band. You'll just end up watching them on the massive screen.
    usually i would agree but u2 at croke park were unreal, think that was around 90,000 people there also had noel gallagher supporting them to which was great.
  • bobmunro said:

PopIcon said:

PopIcon said:

Riviera said:

PopIcon said:

£85 Is ridiculous.

Stones' gigs are never shite.

Also, if you've never seen the best of the best live then this might be your last chance. If you have seen them live before then you would know just how good they are - even at their ripe old ages.

They are the iconic band and pretty much any other band playing now would bow to them as Gods.

(you might just be getting the picture that I quite like The Rolling Stones!!)
    What Bob says.
  • Agree with all that but they are double minted so couldn't they sell tickets at a slightly lower price? No doubt they are still the greatest performing band but they are fast becoming the greediest as well. Just saying.
  • Riviera said:

Would love to go as I think it will be the last chance. Looking at the Olympic Stadium but not sure where best to get them. Looking online they are not available to the masses until Friday.

You only have to join some online fans thing to get a priority code to book London today. Little bit of googling required. I would think its all sold out now but as said above bound to more dates including o2 I would think.
    Very unlikely they add O2 unfortunately. This is a big arena tour.
    Also think it is too late to get to get priority code.
  • edited February 2018

Agree with all that but they are double minted so couldn't they sell tickets at a slightly lower price? No doubt they are still the greatest performing band but they are fast becoming the greediest as well. Just saying.

The Stones don't set the prices.
    Mick n Keef will agree what they want to earn from a tour, Ronnie and Charlie are still employed by The Rolling Stones (Mick and Keef), so get a wage.
    The prices are generally set by the venues.
  • I saw the Stones Granada Woolwich early 1964.
    Still a great group 54 years later

also, back in 1964 they didn't play

You can't always get what you want
    gimmee shelter
    wild horses
    undercover of the night
    miss you
    angie

(just some of my favourites)

• Sponsored links:

also, back in 1964 they didn't play

You can't always get what you want
    gimmee shelter
    wild horses
    undercover of the night
    miss you
    angie

(just some of my favourites)

I never saw you there, what was you wearing?
  • Greenie said:

Agree with all that but they are double minted so couldn't they sell tickets at a slightly lower price? No doubt they are still the greatest performing band but they are fast becoming the greediest as well. Just saying.

Mick n Keef will agree what they want to earn from a tour, Ronnie and Charlie are still employed by The Rolling Stones (Mick and Keef), so get a wage.
    Bullshit, they have enough power to decide what to charge. The tour promoter suggests a price and most performers will stick with it.
  • When are the asian dates announced?
  • edited March 2018
    PopIcon said:

Greenie said:

Bullshit, they have enough power to decide what to charge. The tour promoter suggests a price and most performers will stick with it.
    You really are fucking clueless, a good friend of mine is best mates with one of the Stones daughters and what I described above is the deal
    Also you obviously have no idea how big the Rolling Stones company is and how many people work for them, here's a link to why prices set and just to make it easy you only have to read the first paragraph
    Also because people aren't buying bands music, much of it is streamed, they have to make money somewhere.

http://rockandrollguru.blogspot.co.uk/2010/03/who-sets-prices-for-concert-tickets.html?m=1
  • I just bought two tickets but haven’t spent this much on any concert tickets since I ordered Michael Jackson ones the other year...
    #prayformick
  • Greenie said:

PopIcon said:

Greenie said:

You really are fucking clueless, a good friend of mine is best mates with one of the Stones daughters and what I described above is the deal
    Also you obviously have no idea how big the Rolling Stones company is and how many people work for them, here's a link to why prices set and just to make it easy you only have to read the first paragraph
    Also because people aren't buying bands music, much of it is streamed, they have to make money somewhere.

http://rockandrollguru.blogspot.co.uk/2010/03/who-sets-prices-for-concert-tickets.html?m=1
    You continue to be a prize prick. You clearly didn't read what I said. 'THE PROMOTER SUGGESTS A PRICE' Having worked in the industry I know how these things work better than most.

Hypothetically if the Stones turned around and said we are charging to much money and we want a 10% reduction in prices it would happen in a heartbeat.

Anyway and am right and you are wrong. As you were people, enjoy the gigs.
  • PopIcon said:

Greenie said:

PopIcon said:

Greenie said:

You continue to be a prize prick. You clearly didn't read what I said. 'THE PROMOTER SUGGESTS A PRICE' Having worked in the industry I know how these things work better than most.

Hypothetically if the Stones turned around and said we are charging to much money and we want a 10% reduction in prices it would happen in a heartbeat.

Anyway and am right and you are wrong. As you were people, enjoy the gigs.
    Now listen sonny, the first time you called me names on another thread I ignored it, so reign in the aggression there's a good boy, and everyone can get on.
    I'm not even going to get into how wrong you are about the Stones.
  • Sponsored links:

• Anyone got a presale link they can share ?
  • I see they’ve annoyingly added a second date for the London stadium- Friday 25th May

Having purchased tickets for the original 22nd date , here’s hoping the first night is the best
  • sammy391 said:

I see they’ve annoyingly added a second date for the London stadium- Friday 25th May

Having purchased tickets for the original 22nd date , here’s hoping the first night is the best

Was always gonna happen, and predicted on here.
  • Be careful if they add any more over that weekend... Play off weekend. So bear that in mind.
  • sammy391 said:

I see they’ve annoyingly added a second date for the London stadium- Friday 25th May

Not sure if it will be the case on this tour - but the first leg of the UK tour in 2003 (Twickenham) was recorded for the official DVD release. If that's repeated then you'll be in for a treat, although they always give their best.

In 2003 the Saturday date at Twickenham was supposed to be the first leg of the tour but MIck had flu/sore throat so they made the Sunday the official DVD gig. Everyone going in was given a handout explaining that personal image rights would be given up by those attending as a condition of entry. Our seats were by the stage and dead central so next to the central runway from the stage - the absence of personal image rights didn't stop my missus trying to grab Mick as he ran from the stage and started prancing down the central runway (Jumping Jack Flash I think). She can be clearly seen on the DVD!!
  • Whats the olympic stadium like for gigs ? I know its pretty much pointless for football
  • I'll let you know in May
    #prayformick
  • Fumbluff said:

I'll let you know in May
    #prayformick

still trying to work out if I get some or not... saw them at glastonbury a few years ago n that was amazing
  • shine166 said:

Fumbluff said:

I'll let you know in May
    #prayformick

still trying to work out if I get some or not... saw them at glastonbury a few years ago n that was amazing
    If you've seen them before then it's easier to pass this up. If people haven't seen them live then this is probably your last chance and it is a genuine 'bucket list' experience.

They are so good live it is scary.