Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rolling Stones

Comments

• Options
    I am, I did try and sell my pair for tomorrow on viagogo but no joy so will go along rather than lose out on the monies
  • Options
    Going on Friday! Thought I'd got premium seats, turns out they are in the golden circle! Should be good for tall me, hope my shortarse wife can see. I predict there won't be a crush.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    McBobbin said:

Going on Friday! Thought I'd got premium seats, turns out they are in the golden circle! Should be good for tall me, hope my shortarse wife can see. I predict there won't be a crush.

Likewise, Friday - VIP package but it looks like all we get is a bag of merchandise!! Good seats though.

Can't wait. Start it up boys!!!!
  • Options
    Going on Friday as a retirement present to myself, happy day's
  • Options
    Biggest band doesn’t mean they are the greatest?!

It is subjective anyway.
  • Options
    Best band i've seen live.
    But also, one of the worst, 7 years later,
    Hope you get the former.
  • Options
    My old man is going tomorrow. Was clinging to the hope he might have surprised me with a ticket being as it's my birthday this Sunday and I got out of my cast last Friday... No such luck!

Cheeky sod said he's get me a t-shirt for my birthday prezzy...
  • Options
    In the golden circle as well, will be singing along to little red robin
  • Options
    SamB09 said:

It is subjective anyway.

In the case of The Rolling Stones it most definitely means the same thing!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    SamB09 said:

It is subjective anyway.

Sorry mate, whatever formula you use to crown the biggest or greatest band in the world The Stones win hands down.

Not liking them is totally different, that is subjective.
  • Options
    Any ideas what time it starts? Gates open at 5pm but don't fancy sitting around for hours at £7.50 a pint.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Any ideas what time it starts? Gates open at 5pm but don't fancy sitting around for hours at £7.50 a pint.

There's a 10.30pm curfew so I would imagine the Stones on for around 8.00pm - support around 6.30pm

• Options
    edited May 2018
    Riviera said:

Go for a few around Borough & get the tube from there. (Unless you know anywhere else decent) :smile:
  • Options

Let loose are bigger.

Riviera said:

I’m lead to believe the stones will be on at 7.45
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Will be Carlsberg in a plastic cup, you'll love it.
  • Options

Let loose are bigger.

Crazy...

Crazy for you...
  • Options
    Anybody who went last night - how was it? Boys on good form?
  • Options
    My brother went last night, second time he's seen them, really enjoyed it, thought they were very good, but seriously cant see them doing another tour.
    Also Liam Gallagher was surprisingly good, mostly Oasis hits.
    They were drinking from 4pm, and my bro's Mrs chundered on the way home, so a proper Rock n Roll night then.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We didn’t bother with Gallagher but could hear the old oasis chunes as we approached the stadium and wondered if we should have given him a try, ah well...
    Stones were bloody great but I suppose they have had plenty of practise...
    The operations & stewarding around the stadium was a joke though , I won’t be going there ever again...
  • Options

bobmunro said:

Anybody who went last night - how was it? Boys on good form?

They were on it - it was excellent, will be their last tour I should imagine, so was glad to have witnessed it. The best entertainment served up at the London Stadium since the Olympics - that’s not that difficult though.

£6.50 a pint though, but it didn’t stop me drinking about 15.

Liam Gallagher was great at well.

Have discovered Mrs Otto isn’t really good at drinking pints - currently watching her leaning over a bucket and looking green. Had to iron my 11 year olds school shirt, pack his PE kit, make him breakfast, put the bins out and now she has asked me to go food shopping whilst making sure our 16 year old is ready for his latest GCSE this afternoon ......I’m a man FFS - I don’t multitask....absolute joke :wink: missed homes under the hammer because of her weakness.
    Good to hear - let's hope they saved some for Friday!

Yes I don't expect them to tour again, so last chance to see the greatest at their best - live.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    They were excellent! So glad I went. Set was great too, although they didn't play Wild Horses which I was hoping for.

Liam was brilliant as well, mostly early Oasis songs and brought Bonehead out for a couple of the tracks which was a nice surprise!

Only downside was the size of the bloody 'golden circle' in front of the stage. Even near the front of the general admission section it felt like you were miles away. Gone are the days when you could just buy a normal standing ticket and work your way down towards the front
  • Options

They were excellent! So glad I went. Set was great too, although they didn't play Wild Horses which I was hoping for.

Just for you mate. You know you've arrived when Susan Boyle covers you.

https://youtu.be/okJXce7pTRQ
  • Options
    Really enjoyed the gig, another tick box for me.

Liam supporting helped as massive Oasis fan and he sung all the classics

The crowd was what I imagine Glastonbury 1974 was. Some old fella I was chatting to (older than Jagger) was distraught that the security had taken his ‘dope’ off him
  • Options
    They came on stage at 8.25 and played:

Street Fighting Man
    It's Only Rock and Roll
    Tumbling Dice
    Paint it Black
    Ride Em On Down
    Under My Thumb
    Fool to Cry
    You Can't Always Get What You Want
    Honky Tonk Women
    Before They Make me Run - Keith
    Slipping Away - Keith
    Sympathy for the Devil
    Miss You
    Midnight Rambler
    Start Me Up
    Jumping Jack Flash
    Brown Sugar

Encore

Gimme Shelter
    (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction

They were excellent. Better than when I saw them in 1990. Serious echo though and Mick had a dig about it.
  • Options
    Slightly surprised that in this week's Sunday Times there was a big advert for this UK tour, I would have assumed the tickets would have been snapped up quickly?
  • Options

Slightly surprised that in this week's Sunday Times there was a big advert for this UK tour, I would have assumed the tickets would have been snapped up quickly?

They were punting them out on Groupon a couple days ago
  • Options
    The ticket prices were totally scandalous. Having watched some clips on youtube there is no way I'd go there, the sound is tinny as hell. Liam Gallagher was very good from all the clips I've seen on youtube.