Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fury v Klitschko

Comments

• had Fury by two.

don't like his antics but he fully deserved that.
  • andyg90 said:

Did anyone put a bet on Fury?

My mate who happens do be an Ipswich fan, put £100 on win at 6/1. Funnily enough, I didn't have the balls....
    I bet he's had worse days.
  • Fury just confused him Imo his hand movement was so enthralling but totally un orthodox and I have never seen anything like it,

By the end I was cheering my head off for the man
  • edited November 2015
    Tav

It's astonishing really when you think how many steps tyson took tonight to reach that level of performance its such an amazing achievement
  • Tav

It's astonishing really when you think how many steps tyson took tonight to reach that level of performance its such an amazing achievement

i know fella
  • I have put it back on and pressed the keep button on sky plus, it's a history making fight
  • Well

Firstly Congratulations Tyson Fury. Thoroughly deserved, he did everything I thought he couldn't do.

Secondly congratulations Tyson Fury, what do I know
  • Well done TF. Amazing guts and confidence - backed up his words. Great defensively, Wladimir looked worried throughout.
  • Carter said:

Well

Firstly Congratulations Tyson Fury. Thoroughly deserved, he did everything I thought he couldn't do.

Secondly congratulations Tyson Fury, what do I know

You know a lot mate, more than most. Who thought Fury would put that performance in & that Wladimir would look so uninspired

• Sponsored links:

• Carts all of us were wrong, it wasn't a master class and I'd love to know why vlad never threw the right, but take nothing away from tyson if you want to understand what's needed to knock an aging king of the division out of your way that's the fight to watch, totally unfazed by the opportunity and stuck to his plan
  • edited November 2015
    I'm stunned. I bet Tyson Fury is too.

Everything about the build up to that fight screamed of him thinking he was going to lose and bigging up the fight for PPV.
  • All good things come to an end and Vladimir has been a great champion - will never forget the way he destroyed Haye, for example.

Well done, Tyson Fury. A great night for British boxing.

Fury is apparently only 27 years old - must have had a hard life then?

• purdis said:

All good things come to an end and Vladimir has been a great champion - will never forget the way he destroyed Haye, for example.

Well done, Tyson Fury. A great night for British boxing.

Fury is apparently only 27 years old - must have had a hard life then?

Well he has had boxers punching him in the face for a decade.
  • Well done to Fury but the religious Jesus bullshit that he spouts after his fights is way over the top.
  • C_A_F_C said:

Well done to Fury but the religious Jesus bullshit that he spouts after his fights is way over the top.

I thought it was Aerosmith?
    'Religious Jesus Bullshit' was the B-side.
  • F****** hilarious!!!

Pundits around the world, hang your boots up in shame!
  • Both useless heavyweight division shite , joe bugner might fancy another comeback .
  • Carts all of us were wrong, it wasn't a master class and I'd love to know why vlad never threw the right, but take nothing away from tyson if you want to understand what's needed to knock an aging king of the division out of your way that's the fight to watch, totally unfazed by the opportunity and stuck to his plan

He may have had an injury, more likely he just couldn't see a stationary target and wasn't sure whether or not to take a chance. So he didn't. And lost. I'm so impressed with Fury's movement all night he did what he had to do and good on him
  • Sponsored links:

• Did anyone put a bet on Fury?

At 10-1 also!!!

• edited November 2015

Fury just confused him Imo his hand movement was so enthralling but totally un orthodox and I have never seen anything like it,

By the end I was cheering my head off for the man

I thought that fight was messy but fascinating. Fury boxed like he was one of those inflatable giant things you see outside used car garages. It was like he trained entirely with a blindfold on. And it worked. Wlad looked confused. Like he didn't want to risk getting hit. He's never been a Froch in that sense, he's not as willing to take a hit to land two. Something definitely odd about Klitschko but it might've just been confusion.

It's opened the door for some really interesting fights over the next couple of years. Haye for world champion after all?
  • smiffyboy said:

Fury will never win on points in Germany.

I think you'll find he did . Whoops

• Not a fan of TF but well done and more kudos for his post match press conference comments. It was nice to hear.
  • edited November 2015
    Greenie said:

Not a fan of TF but well done and more kudos for his post match press conference comments. It was nice to hear.

Fulll post fight conference here.

youtube.com/watch?v=qmDwmpISZ3I
  • I think Joshua destroys Fury and beats Wilder within the next 2 years to unify the division
  • I think Joshua destroys Fury and beats Wilder within the next 2 years to unify the division

this .. but in the meantime it was a terrific achievement by Fury (with a name like his how could he fail) to go to Germany and totally dominate the local hero .. and fair play to the judges who did the right thing and didn't go for a 'homer' decision

Don't underestimate TF, he has a lot of skill and AJ has yet to box someone who will punch back - until Dillian anyway.
  • I watched on a moody stream the American coverage. I don't really know boxing, but they talked of two types of punches, jabs, and I presume actual hits. They also talked about Vladimir never going for body shots, and him not really realising the urgency of the situation in the latter rounds. They talked about Tysons game plan which I took to be like grinding out an away draw, with more shots on target than the opposition to get a decision.
    They totted up jabs and hits for each round, and throughout the contest they had Fury in the lead on stats and with their expert scorer guy.
    As I said I don't know about boxing, but I fully expected Fury to be announced as winner even taking into account the point deduction for persistent rabbit punching.
  • Wanted him to get knocked out before the fight, by round 8 I was cheering every blow he landed! Had him up by 1 round but thought ze Germans would have had Vlad by a few. Well deserved!