Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fury v Klitschko

Set for Oct 24 in Düsseldorf.

Fury got any chance or will the mouthy upstart be put in his place?

Comments

• Haven't followed boxing as much recently as I used to but my opinion is that klitschko is in a different league to fury
  • Klitschko would get more of a fight if he boxed Billy Fury.
  • Fury is a pointless fight for klitchsco, he is fully expected to batter him and if he gets caught out and beaten he undoes a lot of good work. Joshua vs fury should be next.
  • Finally that gobby Gypo will get what's coming to him. Bit of a mismatch really but at least I get to see him get a good hiding
  • You think they will have it on in The Red Lion?
  • Fury will get fucked up

He looked good against a heavily shop-soiled chisora but wladimir klitchsko will do him some damage. At least he would if takes a chance and commits. Most likely will box fight his way to a decision though
  • Cannot wait to see that Irish wannabe Fury get put in his place.

However, I can't remember the last time a proper big superfight fight truly delivered anything exciting. Not in the last few years anyway.
  • Ross_cafc said:

Haven't followed boxing as much recently as I used to but my opinion is that klitschko is in a different league to fury

Agree with this, Klitschko will win it at a canter.
  • Ross_cafc said:

Haven't followed boxing as much recently as I used to but my opinion is that klitschko is in a different league to fury

Hope so, but time must be catching up on Klitschko. He's 39 now and very lightly fought the last few years against tier 2 boxers.
  • edited July 2015
    It says more about the state of heavyweight boxing that Fury actually deserves a crack at the title.

Wlad's not exactly known for taking too many risks in the ring so I can see this being ugly.

Wlad will keep him on the end of the jab and tie Fury up on the few occasions that he manages to get close.

Wide points decision or a late stoppage for Wlad I reckon.
  • Sponsored links:

• total mismatch, Fury will get battered (hopefully)
  • Fury's size will make an interesting talking point but this will just make klitchsko more cautious
  • Going to be as boring a fight due to the pace klitchko will set , the hard straight jab , landing repetitively on fury but no sign of a huge ko blow, fury shouldn't be as disregarded as many are doing but should lose
  • Going to be as boring a fight due to the pace klitchko will set , the hard straight jab , landing repetitively on fury but no sign of a huge ko blow, fury shouldn't be as disregarded as many are doing but should lose

He shouldn't be disregarded only in the sense that he's a heavyweight and has a punchers chance but he doesn't have a one punch ko in him for someone like wladimir
  • Carter said:

Fury will get fucked up

He looked good against a heavily shop-soiled chisora but wladimir klitchsko will do him some damage. At least he would if takes a chance and commits. Most likely will box fight his way to a decision though

I think Haye vs Fury would have been the better match up... still disappointed he retired...
  • Haye would have dismantled Fury in four rounds
  • Klitchko is getting on , I agree totally that fury doesn't have the ko punch power to stop him , but he may be able to keep out the way, popping in and out to pick up a couple of rds, I get the feeling this will be closer than some think, but for that to happen it will be a very boring contest and a shocker to watch

If I was to lay money on it I'd have a klitchko stoppage inside of 9 rds
  • I can see this going the distance and possibly be the lamest fight of this or any other year. Wlad with every round.
  • It will be interesting how Wladimir Klitschko is received after he retires. I expect people will appreciate his talents a lot more. It's a shame that he's dominated during such a poor time for the division as the boring comments wouldn't have been mentioned if his style was beating the likes of and Ali, Fraser, Foreman, Lewis, Holmes and Herbie Hyde!
  • You have to give kudos to Fury for making very little talent go a very long way - at least in terms of making cash.
  • Sponsored links:

• How has Fury earned this?

He's fought no-one of note on the world stage apart from maybe Steve Cunningham.
  • Hope fury gets battered, this could end up being funnier than when he nearly knocked himself out

He's fought no-one of note on the world stage apart from maybe Steve Cunningham.

Chisora managed it (or rather Vitali) and Fury has beaten him.

Therefore he must be top 10 hard as it is to credit!
  • His world rankings show that he's earned it.

Not his fault that he is in the lamest era of heavyweight boxing for years.

money
  • LenGlover said:

How has Fury earned this?

Just looked back at that, how did Chisora manage to get a world title fight following a loss to the European Champion the fight before? Mad.
  • edited July 2015

His world rankings show that he's earned it.

Not his fault that he is in the lamest era of heavyweight boxing for years.

It's only that way because Haye retired in my opinion, no one seems to want to step up against Chisora or Fury at the moment at the risk of an upset.
  • LenGlover said:

How has Fury earned this?

Just looked back at that, how did Chisora manage to get a world title fight following a loss to the European Champion the fight before? Mad.
    That just shows the lack of quality at heavyweight.
    In fairness though, the Chisora Helenius fight was a terrible decision. Derek won that without a doubt.
  • Ross_cafc said:

Hope so, but time must be catching up on Klitschko. He's 39 now and very lightly fought the last few years against tier 2 boxers.
    Who should he have fought? Can't think of any other weight class where the number one guy has de alt with all challengers.

Wouldn't completely write fury off. He has a tricky style and decent movement. Would think Klitch's fearsome jab will be too much, but people hat fury for some reason.
  • I don't hate him, I can't say I like him or warm to him in the slightest

He's awful to watch, has been looked after well by his promoter but mostly due to him being a traveller he sells tons of tickets. He's also a gobshite so people watch him hoping to see him get ironed out. Bit like naz and eubank