Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fury v Klitschko

Comments

• Options
    He needs to win the title and just spend his time fighting people no one has heard of like Wilder.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Seems to be a fair few who genuinely think Fury will win here. He's 4/1 at a number of firms, but I just can't see it myself. Klitschko will have to have aged massively since his last fight. Fury isn't a brilliant boxer, despite his record. A handful, for sure. But I think 5 of Klitschko's last 6 fights were against unbeaten fighters and I expect Fury to be dealt with in similar fashion. Any other outcome would really surprise me.
  • Options
    Watched the head to head thing on Sky last night & I have to say Fury makes a very convincing argument. He talks the talk for sure
  • Options
    http://www.skysports.com/klitschko-vs-fury/news/33472/10076989/klitschko-vs-fury-row-over-gloves-leaves-tyson-furious

now that is pathetic. not sure why it matters what gloves they wear. not sure why Tyson has gone to the press about it. not sure why it takes so long to make a pair of gloves. so many pathetic angles to this story its unreal.
  • Options
    Can't believe it is £17 to watch indoors :-(
  • Options
    Hope Wlad buries this clown in his normal way so Fury can recognise how he is no different from the other mouthy wannabe's Wlad has faced.

I like Wladamir Klitschko, not exciting but effective and is a gentleman whilst he does it. Look at some of the morons who have disrespected and humiliated themselves in press conferences, he doesn't make a big deal about it, just beats them up, sends them packing knowing they try to live a dream where they want to be the best but can't achieve it whilst he is still around and lets that be the end of it. Gained a doctorate while being a heavyweight champion of the world, as opposed to Fury and the like who probably spends his time researching fancy dress costumes for his next circus act.
  • Options
    Fiiiiiish said:

Gained a doctorate while being a heavyweight champion of the world, as opposed to Fury and the like who probably spends his time researching fancy dress costumes for his next circus act.

Yeah - but can he Tarmac a drive?
  • Options

http://www.skysports.com/klitschko-vs-fury/news/33472/10076989/klitschko-vs-fury-row-over-gloves-leaves-tyson-furious

now that is pathetic. not sure why it matters what gloves they wear. not sure why Tyson has gone to the press about it. not sure why it takes so long to make a pair of gloves. so many pathetic angles to this story its unreal.

He's saying that the design of the glove means thumb is 3 inches longer than normal and means his thumb is exposed and at risk of breaing. Fair point. Should be allowed to choose your own gear as long as it meets regulations.
  • Options

He cant hide a horse shoe in the new glove, allegedly.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If Klitschko has maintained the defensive part of his game he'll barely have to lay a glove on TF to retain his title. Germany is beyond notorious for home town decisions, so long as WK is still on his feet at the end TF won't get the decision. Can TF be aggressive and accurate enough to trouble WK? We'll see. Can he sustain sufficient aggression and accuracy to down WK? I doubt that. His towering self-belief will get him so far but can his stamina back that up? Unlikely. WK has spent the last 10 years keeping his chin just out of range of many better boxers than TF and beaten a few of them up in the process too. TF's best (only?) hope will be landing a couple of heavy shots right on the target area in the first 3 rounds or so. After that his chances of success will have more to do with WK's condition.
    The heavyweight division needs someone to beat up WK to restore any semblance of interest but I'll be surprised if that someone is Tyson Fury.
    Even with all the antepost money that will have been staked on TF you can still get 9/2 on him winning - in a 2 horse race that's pretty close to a dead cert, best price on WK is 1/4.
    I've never been a Wlad fan but I'd certainly enjoy if he got his dander up and gave TF a bit of a pasting, quieten down the ludicrous gobshite.
  • Options

If Klitschko has maintained the defensive part of his game he'll barely have to lay a glove on TF to retain his title. Germany is beyond notorious for home town decisions, so long as WK is still on his feet at the end TF won't get the decision. Can TF be aggressive and accurate enough to trouble WK? We'll see. Can he sustain sufficient aggression and accuracy to down WK? I doubt that. His towering self-belief will get him so far but can his stamina back that up? Unlikely. WK has spent the last 10 years keeping his chin just out of range of many better boxers than TF and beaten a few of them up in the process too. TF's best (only?) hope will be landing a couple of heavy shots right on the target area in the first 3 rounds or so. After that his chances of success will have more to do with WK's condition.
    The heavyweight division needs someone to beat up WK to restore any semblance of interest but I'll be surprised if that someone is Tyson Fury.
    Even with all the antepost money that will have been staked on TF you can still get 9/2 on him winning - in a 2 horse race that's pretty close to a dead cert, best price on WK is 1/4.
    I've never been a Wlad fan but I'd certainly enjoy if he got his dander up and gave TF a bit of a pasting, quieten down the ludicrous gobshite.

This, once he eats a dozen or so Klitschko jabs, he wont be so tough, TF does not have the intelligence to beat Klitschko IMO. He does, however have a punchers chance.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Dazzler21 said:

Scared of Batman's super-powers?

Batman doesn't have super powers... He's a vigilante billionaire.

Sounds familiar

• Options

I reckon fury will show his metal and a bit of heart in taking a good beating. Wide points decision for Klitschko. Then before retiring the overhyped Fury will earn a few more million getting sparked by Anthony Joshua inside 3 rounds.

Sticking by what I said in July. Nothing since then has changed my mind and in the Sky head to head I thought Fury looked mentally beaten at times.

• Options
    Fiiiiiish said:

Hope Wlad buries this clown in his normal way so Fury can recognise how he is no different from the other mouthy wannabe's Wlad has faced.

I like Wladamir Klitschko, not exciting but effective and is a gentleman whilst he does it. Look at some of the morons who have disrespected and humiliated themselves in press conferences, he doesn't make a big deal about it, just beats them up, sends them packing knowing they try to live a dream where they want to be the best but can't achieve it whilst he is still around and lets that be the end of it. Gained a doctorate while being a heavyweight champion of the world, as opposed to Fury and the like who probably spends his time researching fancy dress costumes for his next circus act.

If people haven't seen it, I'd recommend the documentary titled Klitschko, can be found on putlocker. Really enjoyable watch and both Wladimir and Vitali come across as genuinely likeable people. Just proves you don't have to be a complete arsehole when you're at the top of your sport.

Can't see any way Fury will win this. But the beauty with boxing is it only takes one punch.
  • Options
    Decent little bit on the BBC about Wlad http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/34871218

Includes a tiny part where Fury obviously sounds a twat.
  • Options
    Blimey must of watched a different head to head then me then. I thought fury came out of that one better than a very cagey wlad.

I reckon fury will show his metal and a bit of heart in taking a good beating. Wide points decision for Klitschko. Then before retiring the overhyped Fury will earn a few more million getting sparked by Anthony Joshua inside 3 rounds.

Sticking by what I said in July. Nothing since then has changed my mind and in the Sky head to head I thought Fury looked mentally beaten at times.

• Options
    Gutted there wasn't Shannon Briggs at the press conference.

"LET'S GO CHAMP!"
  • Options
    Be one of the first sporting occasions where most of England will be wanting the German Ukrainian to beat the 'English'.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2015
    Look he's done his bit to sell it, he's got some skills and interesting dimensions but that will just make Wlad more cautious than normal. Fury is silly odds for a reason. I'll be watching for the occasion but I'm not expecting a classic or a British win
  • Options
    I actually want fury to win. It appeals to my sense of humor
  • Options
    edited November 2015

Gutted there wasn't Shannon Briggs at the press conference.

"LET'S GO CHAMP!"

He turned up at training! :smiley:
    http://www.skysports.com/klitschko-vs-fury/news/33472/10077650/shannon-briggs-was-an-uninvited-guest-to-wladimir-klitschkos-training-camp
  • Options
    Fury has actually grown on me a bit over the last year or so, and I think he has definitely improved over the last two years, but I can't get away from the fact that (imo), he has never really fought anyone decent.

He is proper game though and undoubtedly carries power, but unless he is successful in landing something decent that impacts Klitschko in the first 3-4 rounds, I expect it to be pretty routine for the big man
  • Options
    tajaddick said:

Blimey must of watched a different head to head then me then. I thought fury came out of that one better than a very cagey wlad.

Wlad has seen and heard it all before, I felt Fury was trying to convince himself that he has a shot but knows he's out of his depth.

• Options

tajaddick said:

Wlad has seen and heard it all before, I felt Fury was trying to convince himself that he has a shot but knows he's out of his depth.

The gloves saga is the excuse. It will disrupt training plans etc.

• Options
    Swisdom said:

tajaddick said:

The gloves saga is the excuse. It will disrupt training plans etc.

I actually make Fury right if this is not just wordplay. I couldn't go on a bag without gloves the right size. Nor could anyone. It would absolutely knacker your thumbs if that part is too big and the main body of the glove being too big could break your hands
  • Options
    sky are flogging this one to death more than ever it seems
  • Options
    Fury's certainly doing his bit in terms of hype.

his voice just irritates the shit out of me though.

he reminds me of a slightly less/more intelligent Chris Eubank.
  • Options
    One thing about TF I am impressed by is that he can lead with either hand - very rare and could be a factor.