Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fury v Klitschko

Comments

• Options
    Godstone said:

One thing about TF I am impressed by is that he can lead with either hand - very rare and could be a factor.

He's done it against a very tired looking Dereck Chisora and Christian Hammer if he does it against Wlad the fight will be over very quickly
  • Options
    Looking forward to Klitschko parking him up. Unfortunately, despite the fact that should end his career, he'll still be dragging his fat pikey arse round the ring for ten years afterwards. He's absolute shite - can actually throw a punch but can't box worth shit, is a fat, slow knacker and offers nothing but comedy value.
  • Options
    Yeah. Up there with Tyson, Louis and Marciano
  • Options

Fair enough, but not up there with Ali.
  • Options
    Fury's an absolute idiot but still backed him 10-1 win by ko or tko. Too long an odds not have a flutter. Smart money prob on klitschko by points but if fury connects it'll be good night surely?!
  • Options
    scruffle said:

Fury's an absolute idiot but still backed him 10-1 win by ko or tko. Too long an odds not have a flutter. Smart money prob on klitschko by points but if fury connects it'll be good night surely?!

He'll have to connect with three or four of the best punches he has thrown in his life. In a row. Nah the more I think about this the more I can see either a very early night especially as Fury has a tendency to bring the windmill out after getting clocked, if he does that it will be lights out. More likely Wlad will be very cautious and jab his way to a points win
  • Options
    Don't see this finishing any way but a Wladimir KO. Fury don't hit hard enough imo to stop Wladimir and Fury has been down multiple times at a lesser level... I know he has got up to win but Wladimir will not let him off.
  • Options
    Fury is a complete bell end, but like Arsenal in Europe I have to support as he is British...gutting!!!
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Fury will be in the jungle this time next year
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What time is the fight expected to start?
  • Options
    Being Germany it should be on by 10-11 pm
  • Options

What time is the fight expected to start?

Ring walk scheduled for 9:55pm our time. Can't wait to see a 1 on the end of Fury's record come Saturday night.
  • Options
    Hope Fury wins but can't see it happening. Think Wlad will show he is a class above and win in 7.
  • Options
    Don't think Fury is a bad boxer at all, just a long way short of his opponent. Will go the distance and be a shutout, or close, for Der Doktor. He will then get a massive payday against Haye and start looking at Wilder or Joshua.
  • Options

Don't think Fury is a bad boxer at all, just a long way short of his opponent. Will go the distance and be a shutout, or close, for Der Doktor. He will then get a massive payday against Haye and start looking at Wilder or Joshua.

Agreed. Joshua Fury has the potential (rightly or wrongly) to eclipse Froch Groves in the pantomime/ hype stakes and would sell out Wembley. Really like Fury and whilst he is not a Kiltschkos level he's not the bum people make out. Enjoy his theatrics too and he's a lot more intelleigent and articulate than given credit for.
  • Options
    Agree with the views of Rodney and Morts. Fury is a better boxer than you think and has improved a lot since the first fight with John McDermott in 2009 where he was awful and IMO lost that fight. His height and reach advantage plus his 'unpredictability' as a boxer will give Wlad concerns and will make the fight interesting. However I just think Wlad is a level above him. A fight between Fury/Joshua would generate a lot of interest.
  • Options
    Wladimir's main weakness is that his chin is very weak.

If Fury connects Wlad will feel it. That said he's not really been hit for about 10 years as his defense is so good, and Fury isn't technically good enough to get round that. Easy decision win IMO for Wlad.
  • Options
    I'd like to know the odds on a Fury disqualification from using his head or repeated 'accidental' low blows once he realises it's going to be a long night.

Agreed. Joshua Fury has the potential (rightly or wrongly) to eclipse Froch Groves in the pantomime/ hype stakes and would sell out Wembley. Really like Fury and whilst he is not a Kiltschkos level he's not the bum people make out. Enjoy his theatrics too and he's a lot more intelleigent and articulate than given credit for.
    I got to say I think Joshua destroys Fury inside 3 rounds maybe even a brutal first round KO. Granted it will be a fat TF who only ever got in shape for this weekends title challenge, but destroyed never the less.
  • Options
    It's about levels. Fury looks good switching orthodox and southpaw against a non-threat fighter. I'll lay something valuable on him never doing that again the moment he eats one whilst pissing about standing southpaw

Whilst Klitschko is a bit dull in the sense he beats everyone and doesn't get hit much it also says he is a level above everyone else out there. As much as Haye shouldn't have mentioned having a broken toe it would have been bloody hard to really get as much power and the right movement into a punch or have the necessary footwork to get inside quick enough and at the right angles to really land. Wlad was petrified of getting anywhere near close to Haye and he is a liar if he says otherwise. Haye should have kept his gob shut about having a broken little toe and asked for a rematch. As it is he is remembered for being the break dancer with a broken pinkie toe and is ridiculed for it

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Carter said:

It's about levels. Fury looks good switching orthodox and southpaw against a non-threat fighter. I'll lay something valuable on him never doing that again the moment he eats one whilst pissing about standing southpaw

Whilst Klitschko is a bit dull in the sense he beats everyone and doesn't get hit much it also says he is a level above everyone else out there. As much as Haye shouldn't have mentioned having a broken toe it would have been bloody hard to really get as much power and the right movement into a punch or have the necessary footwork to get inside quick enough and at the right angles to really land. Wlad was petrified of getting anywhere near close to Haye and he is a liar if he says otherwise. Haye should have kept his gob shut about having a broken little toe and asked for a rematch. As it is he is remembered for being the break dancer with a broken pinkie toe and is ridiculed for it

I don't think the toe issue would have necessarily been as widely ridiculed had it not been for the antics leading up to the fight which I don't think Haye did himself any favours. There's selling and hyping a fight and then there's turning up with tshirts depicting your opponent and his brother both decapitated which I think was a bit misjudged and Haye, who is far from stupid, himself probably regrets.

I think Haye's comments about his toe would have been a lot more credible in the eyes of punters had the stuff before not happened for the reasons you point out. In the same way Pacquiao's shoulder complaint didn't get the same level of ridicule.

Do you think Haye swerved Fury deliberately? Or was relieved that the fights were called off? Or was nothing more than genuine bad luck re the injuries?
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    I heard strong rumours that Haye is in in financial difficulties and that the last three fights that he withdrew injured from (1 with Chagaev and 2 with Fury) his injuries came just after the timeline required for receiving insurance payouts ie financial compensation.
  • Options
    Carter said:

Would have been the same outcome in a rematch, though. Haye was pathetic all night and he can't put that non-performance solely down to a toe injury.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Is anyone?

My take on this fight. Klitschko has great stamina, is the athlete of the two (TF aint no athlete) and has a great defence. Fury will come out all guns blazing and for the first 3-4 rounds will keep that up, swinging and missing and being pinged with Vlad's jab for his efforts.

Fury has a bit of a suspect chin and has hit the deck from far lighter punchers than Vlad - albeit Vlad isn't particularly heavy-handed. I think Fury will tire and I can see Vlad stopping him in rounds 5-8.

• Options
    Hope to see more of this from Fury:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdFP-R_LYSM

The epitome of the word "clown".
  • Options
    If he knocked himself out would the other guy win the fight?
  • Options
    iaitch said:

If he knocked himself out would the other guy win the fight?

Of course!
  • Options
    Seems logical even though the guy has not laid him out.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Louis is more highly rated than Ali by most boxing historians.

I don't think there could be a more different clash of styles! I think it will be another routine win for Klitschko, unanimous decision. I hope Fury wins though.

God knows what the Klitschkos thinks of our boxers! That's the third one they've had to face recently who have shown little in the way of class, Fury probably the most classiest if the 3!
  • Options
    This fight will be like klitschko vs haye in terms of one sided British defeat boreathon. Or Scott Welch vs Henry akinwande, one of the worst fights I've seen.