Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fury v Klitschko

Comments

• Options
    I hope it's a proper fight like when David Haye fought Audley Harrison. Money well spent, that one.
  • Options

I hope it's a proper fight like when David Haye fought Audley Harrison. Money well spent, that one.

since that "fight" I have never paid to watch boxing on the tele.

now that sky has lost the champions league and some of the prem you would of thought they would get rid of any extra charge to watch any kind of sport, never mind something like boxing which is unpredictable as you dont know what you might get on the night.
    if it wasn't for the cricket i would get rid of the sports package.
  • Options
    I think Haye was silly sparring so close to the first proposed Fury fight to get cut and I don't think he would cut himself especially where the cut was (right bang in the middle of scar tissue) but the second one I've got my doubts. Nothing at all in the way of inside information to base that on just a hunch.

After that Klitschko fight and the Harrison fight he should have been ok for life financially. He's sold his gym and all of its contents recently, has split with Adam Booth which I think is more Adam Booth not wanting to be associated with someone who is only in it for the money. That would, to the uninitiated give the impression he could do with the dosh.

• Options
    Personally I dont think Kiltschko will let Fury get near him and he will hold on to Fury every chance he can get.
    I suspect it will go to points and in Germany we all know who will win that contest.
    It won't be pretty that's for sure I won't be shelling out 17 quid to see two big lumps cuddling themselves for twelve rounds.
  • Options
    I heard Haye spunking on about how him and the walkabout barman he is fighting, are top 10. Remarkable that this is going on in a big venue.
  • Options

I heard Haye spunking on about how him and the walkabout barman he is fighting, are top 10. Remarkable that this is going on in a big venue.

Yeah mental. Both parts.

For what it's worth I think Haye should have given serious consideration to making cruiserweight
  • Options
    If it was a World Talking Championship then Haye would have won that ages ago.
  • Options
    Carter said:

Yeah mental. Both parts.

For what it's worth I think Haye should have given serious consideration to making cruiserweight
    He was an excellent cruiserweight. Sadly, Heavy is where the money is.
  • Options
    I've just watched Fury's last open training session in Dussledorf on Tuesday this week. Just too many bad habits (that have been evident throughout his career and not just done to trick the media) he constantly crosses his legs, constantly leans away instead of covering and slipping, keeps his left far too low, jab drops to his hip. If Fury goes for broke as he says, he is getting knocked out
  • Options
    Can't see it lasting long. He's not in Klitschko's league.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Vincenzo said:

Carter said:

Yeah mental. Both parts.

For the big, big fights yes dosh at heavy but at cruiser him v huck would sell out the O2 or a German arena. I can't see him making anymore money from fighting the people he is going to have to fight to get back in contention than he would at cruiser if that makes sense
  • Options
    Carter said:

Vincenzo said:

Carter said:

Yeah mental. Both parts.

For the big, big fights yes dosh at heavy but at cruiser him v huck would sell out the O2 or a German arena. I can't see him making anymore money from fighting the people he is going to have to fight to get back in contention than he would at cruiser if that makes sense
    Agree in principle but at 30 plus he would find it hard possibly to his detriment.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Carter said:

Vincenzo said:

Carter said:

Yeah mental. Both parts.

Looks as though he has too has too much muscle nowadays. He is probably below 8% body fat. To get below 200llb would kill him.

I also think an AJ or Fury fight would make more money on its own than fighting the top ten cruiserweights put together. There just isn't the interest domestically and domestically is where Haye will earn big.
  • Options
    I think it will be a close points win for Wlad - with lots of hugging from round 8 onwards.
  • Options
    Wow, Fury has weighed in almost the same as Wlad. A masterstroke by the Furys or a big mistake...
  • Options
    He looks in good shape
  • Options
    Carter said:

He looks in good shape

For a 27 year old professional athlete?
  • Options

Personally I dont think Kiltschko will let Fury get near him and he will hold on to Fury every chance he can get.
    I suspect it will go to points and in Germany we all know who will win that contest.
    It won't be pretty that's for sure I won't be shelling out 17 quid to see two big lumps cuddling themselves for twelve rounds.

Bung me 8 quid and you come round my house and watch me and the missus snuggling up on the sofa.
  • Options

Carter said:

He looks in good shape

For a 27 year old professional athlete?
    And a 6 foot 9, 18 odd stone heavyweight boxer. Genetics are different for everyone.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fury is fighting a bloke from a class way, way higher than he has ever encountered - I reckon Klitschko will stop him in six rounds.

The only reason Haye went the distance was because he spent the whole night running away - Fury hasn't the speed or fitness to do that.
  • Options

Fury is fighting a bloke from a class way, way higher than he has ever encountered - I reckon Klitschko will stop him in six rounds.

The only reason Haye went the distance was because he spent the whole night running away - Fury hasn't the speed or fitness to do that.

And as much as I'm in the 'don't blame you're pinkie toe' camp a fully fit and operational David Haye is the only person who stands a chance against Wladimir Klitschko. Tyson has come in light to move around but his frame and lungs will not support the oxygen needed nor will his lack of guile help to jab and move his way to a points decision
  • Options
    Tyson going night night on this one, he makes so many critical mistakes against much lower grade opponents, If he makes just one or two in the opening couple of RDs he will get exposed, he will then chase the ko and end up getting sparked
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Carter said:

He looks in good shape

Klitschko looks fitter and more powerful...

Fury still looks fat and no where near as strong/powerful.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Carter said:

He looks in good shape

What looks fitter and more powerful...

Fury still looks fat and no where near as strong/powerful.
    Looks in good shape for his pubs darts team

• Options

Bung me 8 quid and you come round my house and watch me and the missus snuggling up on the sofa.
    What can I get for £20?!

Change
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Anyone know of a decent stream? I need a good laugh after the football.
  • Options
    Vincenzo said:

Looking out for one myself - Please post if you find one. I'll do the same

• Options
    Vincenzo said:

Decent one in Danson Park
  • Options
    Also hoping for a stream. I know coverage starts from 7 but any ideas of the fight time?