Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Reinstate Foxing Hunting or keep the ban?

Comments

• Options

Fiiish said:

"The reason why most people in this country are disgusted by fox hunting is simply that as a modern civilised society we are utterly opposed to subjecting animals to pain and suffering purely and simply for the sake of pleasure/sport."

So it's OK to inflict pain and suffering s long as it's not for sport or pleasure.

If the hounds were let loose on their own to kill the foxes as it is more effective and humane than trying to shoot them, it would therefore be OK with you?

You would presumably dismiss out of hand any argument that their pleasure is not derived from the death of a fox but from testing their horsemanship and getting their mules fit for local point to point racing.

The modern civilised society has lost touch with the nature. Quoting civilised society that poisons rivers and destroys trees, hills, valleys and meadows to enhance modern society's demands on natural resources doesn't count for much in my book.

Modern civilised society says it's OK to destroy nature as long as it isn't "cruel" or pretty and bomb other civilised societies if they are deemed uncivilised. Modern civilised society has lost all connection with the natural world which it destroys at a whim and is in no position to pontificate on what is acceptable in our interaction with the natural world.

The fact is that nature keeps in balance by ruthless "cruelty" inflicted by one species on another. Pretending we are somehow aloof from this uncomfortable reality is why some get so screwed up with animal rights issue, its a deflection mechanism that makes you feel better about yourself.

Just live by your own beliefs but leave others to live with their own beliefs, you cant legislate on what people think just because you don't agree. I wouldn't join a fox hunt for many reasons, but I do not need to justify my reasoning by superimposing, against all logic, perverse motives in the minds of fox hunters that give me license to demonise and harass them.

I bet I could find paedophile sites that use the same twisted libertarian logic to justify why they should be free to pursue their particular activities!
    This isn't the first time in this thread those opposed to a ban have been compared to sex offenders and it is equally as facile. Bit like in another thread recently where Tory voters were compared to Nazis.
    Not the first time you have incorrectly inferred something to support your view! Clearly I don't compare opponents of a fox hunting ban to sex offenders. The point I was making is that the libertarian, who are we to proscribe what other people do, arguments against a ban are as facile and ridiculous as the arguments used by some paedophile groups.

That should do it
  • Options
    edited July 2015
  • Options
    How's tricks AUN me old veggie eating Mucka, would you be interested in some beautiful fox fur hats and gloves I am thinking of making 8)

Hope your feeling back on point mare in all seriousness
  • Options

How's tricks AUN me old veggie eating Mucka, would you be interested in some beautiful fox fur hats and gloves I am thinking of making 8)

Hope your feeling back on point mare in all seriousness

Think I'll pass on your offer of the hats and gloves. I may be up in Yorkshire but believe it or not, we have quite nice temperatures up here this time of year. If I need em come November I know where to come :wink:

As for me, yeah, things are on an upward projectory. A slow upward projectory but the black clouds are slowly lifting nonetheless. Cheers for asking @nth london addick
  • Options
    I will clean most of the flesh out and you can snack on the rest like a bit of Jerky 8)

Really glad you are on the up pal and keep keeping on mate, if you ever need an ear just send me a pm, good luck buddy I am just getting the hounds ready for a hunt
  • Options
    Cheers mate, appreciate that.

If it's a wrong 'un hunt you're setting out on, give me a shout. I'll hold your coat when the prey's in sight.
  • Options
    I've swapped the Fox for some of your lags, let em loose son the pack are ready
  • Options

I've swapped the Fox for some of your lags, let em loose son the pack are ready

honestly,no joke,ban this forever,cams back in they are trying to make the arrogant class sneering point again,don,t fall for it,
  • Options
    adsads
    edited July 2015

Dressing poodles up in suits for photoshoots is a bit exploitative, he's clearly on medication...

Not sure what all the fuss is about with foxes, have always found Leicester fans OK, its just a minority that shit everywhere, rummage in bins, shag in gardens and smell a bit that give the rest a bad name, no need for the savage witch hunt
  • Options
    Brian "Another Do as I say, not as I do merchant" May
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    brogib said:

Why do you see him as that, brogib? As far as he says, it seems Brian May, Doctor of astro-physics and famously Queen's guitarist, self-identifies as a "pure vegetarian", campaigns against animal-cruelty, and pays for ads from the influential vegan activist, Gary Yourofsky or anti-badger killing commercials to be widely broadcast. Seems he is fairly congruent these days?
  • Options
    ilovelucy said:

brogib said:

Why do you see him as that, brogib? As far as he says, it seems Brian May, Doctor of astro-physics and famously Queen's guitarist, self-identifies as a "pure vegetarian", campaigns against animal-cruelty, and pays for ads from the influential vegan activist, Gary Yourofsky or anti-badger killing commercials to be widely broadcast. Seems he is fairly congruent these days?
    But he's quite happy to lease out deer stalking in his estate. Why? Because he's happy to admit they need culling, yet he is also happy to villafy those involved in the activity elsewhere....

That and he also said something about hating British traditions, especially if it involves weirdly dressed old men, then he posed with a stupid gown and cap when passed some exam
  • Options
    brogib said:

ilovelucy said:

brogib said:

But he's quite happy to lease out deer stalking in his estate. Why? Because he's happy to admit they need culling, yet he is also happy to villafy those involved in the activity elsewhere....

If that is recent, then I agree brogib, it is most definitely contradictory. However, he admits to be refining his views and choices on (non-human animal) cruelty for the better. It's a process...

• Options
    Gravesend Hunt in The Mirror
    Police hunt gang caught chasing foxes with pack of dogs at night in middle of TOWN
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/police-hunt-gang-caught-chasing-6090242
  • Options
    Like I said on the election thread. The Tory's could probably pledge to do almost anything & still win the election.

The British public will not vote for Corbyn as PM end of.
  • Options
    Madness
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just the political elite reminding us how out of touch with society they are. It has almost been a year since the brexit vote after all
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Oh good. I can go back to hating the Tories again now.

Why the f***k would she bring this up? It ain't a vote winner for her, that's for sure.
  • Options
    It's a free vote. There's no guarantee it would get through, as most urban Tories are anti fox hunting
  • Options
    Just proves May is a Liberal at heart. No mention of bull fighting, bear baiting or
    lamping.

It'll be soft Brexit next.

• Options
    I dislike fox hunting. However the current legislation is currently not fit for purpose and is almost impossible to enforce. Barely anyone has been convicted of it in connection with registered hunts. It is also worth noting that the legislation doesn't even criminalise hunting foxes, just the traditional method of letting the dogs rip the poor thing apart.
  • Options
    IAIA
    edited May 2017
    This is a distraction tactic, isn't it?
  • Options
    IA said:

This is a distraction tactic, isn't it?

Quite. No one's talking about their u-turn on energy caps or the catastrophe that is Brexit now, are they?
  • Options
    Disgusting.
  • Options
    Just fucking beyond belief.