Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Reinstate Foxing Hunting or keep the ban?

Comments

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Fiiish said:

Dazzler21 said:

One is a Fox, 2 is a Dog, 3 is a wolf.

All 3 are beautiful creatures.

None should be hunted, killed or cooked IMO.

So if a creature doesn't fit a narrow definition of beauty it's fair game to kill/hunt?
    Fiiish you're getting as bad as PL54, but yeah If I don't like a creature, shoot away.
    Eh ?
  • Options
    ilovelucy said:

brogib said:

This sums it up imho

The rural toff's & their for hire thugs at their daft best.
    No ones ever had to pay me to slap an Anti

; )
  • Options

brogib said:

Fiiish said:

Dazzler21 said:

So if a creature doesn't fit a narrow definition of beauty it's fair game to kill/hunt?
    It was the same when the Indian Rose-Ringed Parrakeets were put on the general licence, everyone moaned that they were to beautiful to shoot
    we have quite a few of these around my way, the little uns think they are parrots.

I really want to shoot the wood pigeons that come in my garden.
    Breast it and stick em on the bbq nd whack em in pitta bread
  • Options
    brogib said:

brogib said:

Fiiish said:

Dazzler21 said:

It was the same when the Indian Rose-Ringed Parrakeets were put on the general licence, everyone moaned that they were to beautiful to shoot
    we have quite a few of these around my way, the little uns think they are parrots.

I really want to shoot the wood pigeons that come in my garden.
    Breast it and stick em on the bbq nd whack em in pitta bread
    I also want to start making my own potted pigeon
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Leaving aside the treatment of the foxes, what about the lardarse horse riders treatment of the horses? They stick a lump of metal in their mouths, jerk their heads around, kick them in the sides, whack them to run fast and jump over stuff whilst carrying their obese carcasses.
    It isn't only the dogs and foxes in thrall to the humans, but horses as well.

Are you saying my wife and I should stop riding then because it's cruel?

• Options

Fiiish said:

Dazzler21 said:

Not for me. I believe ALL sentient beings should be left to live a long and pain-free life. They're all beautiful in my eyes.
    Just out of interest @seth plum and @AddickUpNorth , what's your views on Ticks and Fleas and controlling them on cats and dogs?

• Options
    Surely the fox is "ripped to bits"?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Fiiish said:

Dazzler21 said:

Not for me. I believe ALL sentient beings should be left to live a long and pain-free life. They're all beautiful in my eyes.
    Welcome to CL the 14th Dalai Lama.

• Options
    Addickted said:

seth plum said:

Leaving aside the treatment of the foxes, what about the lardarse horse riders treatment of the horses? They stick a lump of metal in their mouths, jerk their heads around, kick them in the sides, whack them to run fast and jump over stuff whilst carrying their obese carcasses.

In my opinion it is cruel, maybe I could be persuaded otherwise, but I have listed some of the things that seem cruel to me. In addition there is the concept of 'breaking in' a horse.
    You and your wife are free to do as you wish however, it is simply me, I don't like to see horses ridden.

• Options
    brogib said:

Fiiish said:

Dazzler21 said:

Just out of interest @seth plum and @AddickUpNorth , what's your views on Ticks and Fleas and controlling them on cats and dogs?

Ticks and fleas depend on drinking the blood of the host animal I reckon (could be wrong), that's why dogs and cats do a fair bit of scratching. Do ticks and fleas need 'controlling'?
  • Options
    My lovely lovely lovely horse, running through the fields,
    where are you going with your fetlocks blowing in the wind?
    I want to shower you with sugar lumps and ride you over high fences
    polish your shoes every single day and take you to the horse dentist
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Addickted said:

seth plum said:

In my opinion it is cruel, maybe I could be persuaded otherwise, but I have listed some of the things that seem cruel to me. In addition there is the concept of 'breaking in' a horse.
    You and your wife are free to do as you wish however, it is simply me, I don't like to see horses ridden.

You obviously know nothing about horses.

Spend a day at your local stables and see what a wonderful time is had by both humans and animals. The bond between horse and owner/rider can be as strong as that with your children.

• Options
    Of course horse riding is not cruel , there are some things that as humans we should be allowed to its our planet our rules until another species steps up to the plate as top dog , they are all fair game to be honest ,

What's the big deal anyway they don't work they don't pay tax and they shit wherever they want

If they were people I'd say shoot the lazy bstds just because they are animals what's the difference
  • Options

Of course horse riding is not cruel , there are some things that as humans we should be allowed to its our planet our rules until another species steps up to the plate as top dog , they are all fair game to be honest ,

What's the big deal anyway they don't work they don't pay tax and they shit wherever they want

If they were people I'd say shoot the lazy bstds just because they are animals what's the difference

Are those travellers back on shooters hill?
  • Options

brogib said:

Fiiish said:

Dazzler21 said:

Never found any ticks on my cats and they've always been relatively flea-free. I admit to treating them when they have had a few but I can't see my boys being irritated. If it's any consolation I apologise to the fleas and give them a proper send off.
    I weren't tryina catch you out me old mucker, just genuinely interested
  • Options
    Addickted said:

seth plum said:

Addickted said:

seth plum said:

Spend a day at your local stables and see what a wonderful time is had by both humans and animals. The bond between horse and owner/rider can be as strong as that with your children.

When I was in (what is now) year 11 at Brockley County School, Mr Jarman the Head of PE said to me, and about 9 other boys (because we were small) that our PE was going to be horse riding, and it was for the next 3 years.
    A guy would collect us in a mini bus, and we would be driven to Banstead in Surrey for our horse riding lessons. We learned how to saddle a horse, put the bit and reins on, were schooled going round and round, touching the ears, and the back, learning how to balance, to keep a straight back. We learned the rising trot, did some jumping, went on 'hacks', wore the hats, mucked the creatures out, indeed I was the only boy who didn't fall off during those three years. We learned to face the back of the horse when mounting it, to keep our toes pointed down when doing so, so as to not rub the creatures side or belly.
    So yes obviously I know nothing about horses.
    However to me horse riding is cruel, I didn't think about it at the time, but that is what I think now.

• Options
    PS, my back was as straight as could be doing the horse riding, but my arse bones took a fair bit of bruising.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:

PS, my back was as straight as could be doing the horse riding, but my arse bones took a fair bit of bruising.

There's a good joke in there Seth, but I'll leave it, as you may blow a gasket.
  • Options

seth plum said:

Something about rainbows?
  • Options

We were riding the horses, they weren't riding us if that's what the joke is supposed to be.
    The stable girls (who we all wished we could be riding) who looked after us, and often took the lessons used to have pictures of Horses up in their tea room rather than pop stars or anybody else, and would say things like 'look at Buster, isn't he lovely'.
    Freud would've had a field day, indeed the theory is that horses or androgynous pop stars form a bridge for young girls between sexual attraction for their fathers and than on to sexual attraction for actual partners.
    I suppose for some, they never get past that stage.
  • Options
    Not sure who flagged the picture I posted earlier (not made by me btw) but........seriously? Dear oh dear.
  • Options
    edited July 2015

Not sure who flagged the picture I posted earlier (not made by me btw) but........seriously? Dear oh dear.

It was our resident happiness saboteur ;-)
  • Options

That narrows it down :frowning:
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Addickted said:

seth plum said:

Addickted said:

seth plum said:

When I was in (what is now) year 11 at Brockley County School, Mr Jarman the Head of PE said to me, and about 9 other boys (because we were small) that our PE was going to be horse riding, and it was for the next 3 years.
    A guy would collect us in a mini bus, and we would be driven to Banstead in Surrey for our horse riding lessons. We learned how to saddle a horse, put the bit and reins on, were schooled going round and round, touching the ears, and the back, learning how to balance, to keep a straight back. We learned the rising trot, did some jumping, went on 'hacks', wore the hats, mucked the creatures out, indeed I was the only boy who didn't fall off during those three years. We learned to face the back of the horse when mounting it, to keep our toes pointed down when doing so, so as to not rub the creatures side or belly.
    However to me horse riding is cruel, I didn't think about it at the time, but that is what I think now.

Pleased that you've experienced the ownership of horses - all be it in a limited way.

However, if that's your idea of cruelty, I just hope you never watch the news.

• Options

Just click on the flag and it will say who did it .
  • Options

Just click on the flag and it will say who did it .
    It would take all weekend to work out who flagged you Beds. :smiley:

• Options
    Addickted said:

seth plum said:

Addickted said:

seth plum said:

Addickted said:

seth plum said:

Pleased that you've experienced the ownership of horses - all be it in a limited way.

However, if that's your idea of cruelty, I just hope you never watch the news.

I didn't own a horse, it was a PE activity organised by my school....many years ago I might add.
    I am pleased that you are now not invalidating my viewpoint by such a blanket statement such as 'you obviously know nothing about horses'.
    I don't know why you have moved on to say 'However, if that's your idea of cruelty, I just hope you never watch the news.', I have many ideas as to what is cruel and simply in my opinion horse riding is one of them. I accept I am in a minority, and that you like riding them, but at least I gave some reasons as to why I think it is cruel.