Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Reinstate Foxing Hunting or keep the ban?

Comments

• Options
    Macronate said:

hmm, tough one after I had to deal with yet more fox shit on the drive today.

they shit everywhere and they know exactly what they're doing. why shit on top of a children's slide or on a toy car which had been left out accidentally in the garden overnight? a car that measured 3" x 2". how accurate must their a-holes be?

in summary, they're tossers.

Arseholes rather than tossers by the sound of it. And no to fox-hunting.
  • Options
    i'm afraid it's another example of disgusting human behaviour and to consider bringing it back only emphasises this.

As the RSPCA says: “Chasing and killing live animals with dogs is barbaric, outdated and has no place in modern Britain” and i couldn't agree more.

i think it's time humans got a taste of their own medicine and they shouldn't assume they have the right to trample over other species for their sport / pleasure or bloody mindedness!
  • Options
    Have to say I'm divided on the issue.

Not keen on an animal being torn to pieces for fun, but to be fair there are enough animals who tear other animals to pieces - nature is truly red in tooth and claw.

Foxes are vermin (that's their legal classification) and they really are a pain, urban or rural. I'm all in favour of a cull of some kind because they are getting out of hand.

The usual way to cull animals is by shooting them - however the shooting the little red bastards (foxes not the huntsmen) isn't always as accurate as it might be - particularly if Reynard is at a distance. The fox can be shot but is not killed and then legs it to die a slow, lingering death. Alternatively a pack of hounds will see the fox off pretty quickly and any pain is likely to be relatively short-lived.

But - like I say, I'm divided on the issue. I can see both sides of the argument, although I think the hunting set are, by and large, a class and world apart from us lot, and I don't have a lot of time for them myself.

• Options
    Keep the ban, it's good that the police are kept busy to make sure an animal is being humanely chased then shot, rather than inhumanely chased then killed by dogs.
  • Options

According to Newsnight, the SNP has agreed to oppose Cameron's attempt to amend the Hunting Act (the vote is due to take place on Wednesday). Up yours, Hunt Scum Dave.

I thought the whole idea, of the proposed amendment, was to flush out the SNP, as liars.

The SNP, said they didn't want to vote on English matters, unless there were financial implications for Scotland.

If they say, they will vote on this, then by implication, they want to vote on English matters per se.
  • Options
    The only way to limit their numbers is to remove the food source or environment that they live in. Culling them does not reduce their numbers greatly and the population soon recovers.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Does the new legislation allow a hunt to charge down your street inside M25 where a lot of foxes now live? Probably yes but thankfully not likely to happen despite the nuisance at least that in the countryside. Perhaps in order to get support from all sections of the community, Cameron could legalise thugs throwing cats off top of high rise flats, tying bangers to neighbours pets and shooting crossbows at pond birds.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I left my best trainers on the deck a few months ago and woke up the next morning to find fox poo in one of them. Guess which camp I'm in.
  • Options
    While we're at it which other blood sports would people like to see brought back? Dog Fighting? Bear Baiting? Badger Tossing?

What a jolly good laugh.
  • Options
    No problem with culling foxes, but chasing them and ripping them to pieces for fun? Anyone who even wants to do it should be sent for some kind of psychological testing.
  • Options
    Completely against the reinstating of Fox Hunting...

Unless the bastards are shagging and making that disgusting insanely loud howling sound while I am trying to sleep. Anyone, and I mean anyone, feel free to shoot those little bastards.
  • Options
    Keep the ban.

Interesting that Dartford MP Gareth Johnson won't listen to voters on this, but was happy to listen when it suited his homophobia over gay marriage. Tossers like him are part of the problem
  • Options
    I'm a Proud Hunt Sabber!
  • Options

I left my best trainers on the deck a few months ago and woke up the next morning to find fox poo in one of them. Guess which camp I'm in.

The left or the right one?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ,the only thing that should have been changed is that nonce and peados should have been included in the hunt instead , I didn't want it banned however I understood that it was probably out dated and out of touch with public opinion, as someone who has partipated and enjoyed the whole experience it's a shame but that's life we can't all do all things
  • Options

The only way to limit their numbers is to remove the food source or environment that they live in. Culling them does not reduce their numbers greatly and the population soon recovers.

The rural food source for foxes includes small mammals such as rabbits, whose population would soon become a hugeproblem for farmers if foxes numbers were kept low.

Local farmers near me pay people to shoot rabbits as it is, Ive never heard them complain about fox numbers.

Carnivores in the wild pretty much self manage population as their is a limited food source.

There really is no rational argument for fox hunting apart from the sheer enjoyment of it by those that take part.
  • Options
    There you go. Baldrick says we shouldn't do it. Good enough for me!
  • Options
    Keep the ban though a bit of urban fox hunting wouldn't go a miss.
  • Options
    You were winning till Gervais mate , I'd hunt him Aswell
  • Options
    I'm a townie and wouldn't tell the country folk what they should and shouldn't be doing.