Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

+++ Cristian Ceballos signs on a 3-year deal +++

Comments

• Options
    seth plum said:

Looks very left footed, and from the video does not look the kind of player who likes to track back. On the plus side he looks skilful, and looks like he has a decent general understanding of the game.

Beyond parody :smile:
  • Options
    Quick, technical and left footed? Could be played on the left side of the 3 in a 4-2-3-1. Given that we've got a few decent looking DMs now that could be a possibility. Doesn't look the sort of player to be part of a 2 in central mid, more of an inside forward/attacking mid. I'm pretty excited to see what he can do.
  • Options
    It's weird the Spurs fans at work are tuna melting over him.

Saying he is proper mustard?
  • Options
    More of this please Cris mate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQPQguCadmA
  • Options

More of this please Cris mate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQPQguCadmA

...first clip on @valleygary 's video.. doh.
  • Options
    Welcome Christian.

Hopefully he will benefit from regular games like Song and Coquelin did, but with him being on a contract instead of a loan we'll get the benefit of a decent player at the end of it (or an undisclosed fee!).
  • Options
    Scoham said:

It'll be interesting to see where he fits in, central midfield, out wide or up front. I expect he'll be on the bench to start with.

Scoham Member
    3:33PM
    nth london addick said:
    Ceballos would be a real signing of intent

Why? I might be missing something but he's a 22 year old with barely any experience. Hopefully turns out to be a good signing but he's not proven at senior level over here.

Being at Spurs doesn't mean a great deal either, they've kept players like Obika into their early 20s even though it was clear he wouldn't play for them.

cheers scoham :wink:
  • Options
    Well, Luzon's added a bit of muscle and bite, and now a bit of flair as well. Put the new defenders and Henry into the equation as well and that is a very promising looking team - we can fight the scrappers and play a bit too... on paper. Presumably entering the loan market should an injury crisis pop up.

Welcome to the Valley Cristian.
  • Options
    Wow!
    Great signing.
    Well done RD and KM etc.
    It's going be a good season, lifers.
  • Options
    might rain on Friday ---RD you bastard !!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cracking signing - this must be the kind of acquisition that persuaded JBG to put pen to paper.

Didn't expect it to be permanent either - well done everyone at the club!
  • Options
    Delighted they've got him as they clearly wanted him. Based only on the vids he's obviously got great feet and a nice turn of pace in tight corners; just the kind of flair we need alongside the muscle we've already brought in. He's had a while to settle in England too so hopefully that will have prepared him for the more physical approach he's likely to encounter outside the top flight. Will he be brave when the going gets tough? Will he impose himself enough to be more than a late game-changer? Who knows? Welcome aboard our ever-changing ship.
  • Options
    10-goals in 13-appearances for the U21s last season... Not bad at all.

Not looking forward to writing the Preview against Queens Park Rangers, dont have a clue what Squad will get picked
  • Options
    edited July 2015
  • Options
    Ooh, that's a much better goal-scoring record than the clips suggest.
  • Options
    Centre back, another winger and a right back would be quality please
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Welcome Cristian. Had not heard of you 1 week ago, never seen you play. You could be great, you could be shit, I suspect somewhere in between.

Ps. This is exactly what I wrote on the Bergditch thread with a name change. I think I will simply cut and paste it to our next few signings too!
  • Options
    The goal Cristian scored against Norwich,
    was very Gudmundssonesque.
  • Options
    Yeah, but he OBVIOUSLY won't be ready in time for Saturday's game, so what was the point? He's going to be soooo far behind with all the team bonding and match fitness, what a waste of time...

/sarcasm
  • Options
    Forgot to mention; a couple of superb passes with great vision on that longer video. Let's hope Igor and Tony are ready to make the runs to get on the end of them...
  • Options
    What the hell. Been working hard all day and look at CL to find we have signed TWO players
  • Options
    Now then, this IS an exciting signing. We have plenty of defensive midfielders and "work-horses" (no offence intended) in the squad but Cris looks like exactly the attacking central midfielder we have been crying out for. Some of his passes in those clips are sublime.

Welcome Cristian. If you do as well for us as Alex Pritchard did at Brentford we will be well happy.