Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

No season ticket yet

Comments

• Options

bellz2002 said:

Has anyone got their Valley Express season ticket yet?

Still no news from the club about it and just got to hope we can turn up and get on without any problems.

no, nothing yet. Thankfully I have the number of our coach steward whom I rang and he said that when he get's the list from the Club if I wasn't on it then he'd put me on it. Unless this info is now on the season ticket cards which sounds possible but if so then why not relay this info. If not then it wasn't reliant on the testing that the new system required and so why couldn't these have been sent weeks ago?

Because they hadn't set up the system to take coach bookings until this week. Assuming it's been done now.

By the way, does anyone think the club has referred the disappearance of 1500 season tickets to the police?
  • Options
    I'm just home from the ticket office. I got there at 8.40, and was 2nd in the queue. By the time the shutter went up at 9am there were nine of us waiting, though one fan just wanted an extra QPR ticket and had received his season ticket. Mandy (who I guess is the manager) spoke with us all and firmly blamed Royal Mail. As stated above, there was now a system crash problem (it crashed three times yesterday morning apparently...) and no new season tickets could be issued, only single game tickets for tomorrow.

My problem was that they initially couldn't find me on the system, then when they did they had me down for the wrong seats (81 and 82 rather than 82 and 83...). They said they had sorted me eventually but still gave me the wrong seat tickets for tomorrow, so gawd knows who will be in one of my two seats!

I will email them in the hope that when they do send out my season tickets again (which they promise will be before the Hull game...) they will hopefully be for the correct seats.

When I finally left the ticket office, there were about 15 in the queue; I expect a slow trickle all day long.

• Options
    edited August 2015
    buckshee said:

I honestly ain't having it that all were sent out. I think they don't know what we're and weren't.

Now this means I'm going to have to get down early tomorrow to pick mine up and this will mean @rothko is going to have to come early with me despite already having his as he's getting a lift with me.

It's a f**k up of monumental proportions frankly.

It is hardly monumental isn't. It's frustrating and slightly inconvenient.

What was everyone hoping to do with their ST before tomorrow anyway?

How do we know it is 15% of tickets
  • Options

bellz2002 said:

Still no news from the club about it and just got to hope we can turn up and get on without any problems.

no, nothing yet. Thankfully I have the number of our coach steward whom I rang and he said that when he get's the list from the Club if I wasn't on it then he'd put me on it. Unless this info is now on the season ticket cards which sounds possible but if so then why not relay this info. If not then it wasn't reliant on the testing that the new system required and so why couldn't these have been sent weeks ago?

Because they hadn't set up the system to take coach bookings until this week. Assuming it's been done now.

By the way, does anyone think the club has referred the disappearance of 1500 season tickets to the police?
    Already on the case.

• Options

If the club offered the option, would you pay an extra couple of quid to ensure your season ticket was sent recorded delivery or should this be the case anyway based on how much they cost in the first place?

I certainly would, although I can imagine this would cause a lot of extra work for the ticket office staff.
    ...but not as much extra work as sorting out the current mess the club find themselves in!
  • Options

bellz2002 said:

According to Mandy (this morning) she has made an official complaint through the Royal Mail...there were a lot of jokes about RM workers all coming to the game tomorrow and postal vans clogging up the car park!
  • Options
    Husband collected ours today from the box office, was in a slow moving queue
  • Options
    Airman stop trying to deflect the blame...
    ...it's all your fault, and the Illuminati.
  • Options

Pedro45 said:

bellz2002 said:

According to Mandy (this morning) she has made an official complaint through the Royal Mail...there were a lot of jokes about RM workers all coming to the game tomorrow and postal vans clogging up the car park!
    How did Royal Mail arrange for tickets in the wrong names, wrong seats and tickets sent to people who haven't ordered them? Did they break in overnight and change the data?
    Maybe it was a cyber attack by the North Koreans? (Who also intercepted the post).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Queue now 36 and lengthening. They have managed to open 3 of the 7 windows though so we shouldn't complain.
  • Options

Queue now 36 and lengthening. They have managed to open 3 of the 7 windows though so we shouldn't complain.

Bodes well for tomorrow!
  • Options

If the club offered the option, would you pay an extra couple of quid to ensure your season ticket was sent recorded delivery or should this be the case anyway based on how much they cost in the first place?

It is, perhaps, interesting that this is exactly what they did for the programme voucher booklets. I'm guessing that was because they have a value and could be used by anybody.
    Whereas a season ticket could easily be cancelled out of the system and a duplicate issued with little scope for fraud?
  • Options
    Got to the ticket office at 8.50 a queue of five people. all sort by 9.15. The manger (Mandy I think) was chatting to us and she said that 1500 people have been affected (not sure how she arrives at this number). She is blaming Royal Mail, but I am not sure this stacks up as she also said the tickets were printed and sent out in blocks (ie Upper West Block K), if this is true then it would only affect one block, not random tickets across all blocks. It would also seem that all staff have been instructed to say all the tickets had been sent out and it is all Royal Mails fault, as I spoke to two people in the club shop and they use exactly the same words. When I left the Valley at 9.50 there were 3 people queuing at the ticket office.
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:

Got to the ticket office at 8.50 a queue of five people. all sort by 9.15. The manger (Mandy I think) was chatting to us and she said that 1500 people have been affected (not sure how she arrives at this number). She is blaming Royal Mail, but I am not sure this stacks up as she also said the tickets were printed and sent out in blocks (ie Upper West Block K), if this is true then it would only affect one block, not random tickets across all blocks. It would also seem that all staff have been instructed to say all the tickets had been sent out and it is all Royal Mails fault, as I spoke to two people in the club shop and they use exactly the same words. When I left the Valley at 9.50 there were 3 people queuing at the ticket office.

If we fail to win tomorrow, Luzon will blame Royal Mail as well..
  • Options
    PL54 said:

buckshee said:

I honestly ain't having it that all were sent out. I think they don't know what we're and weren't.

Now this means I'm going to have to get down early tomorrow to pick mine up and this will mean @rothko is going to have to come early with me despite already having his as he's getting a lift with me.

Because the office manager said that 1500 people had been affected which is 15% 0f 10000. But the percentage may will be higher if those affected paid the early bird prices.

• Options
    bc_addick said:

shirty5 said:

Dansk_Red said:

If we fail to win tomorrow, Luzon will blame Royal Mail as well..
    Especially if QPR's winner goes in off the POST

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    At the Valley to buy a tkt for tomorrow...about 40 or so in front of me (I am at the back of the red barriers) and only 3 windows are open and the queue isn't moving..crowd restless...joke.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

buckshee said:

It's monumental the way it has been handled. Monumentally shit!!
  • Options
    Macronate said:

queue was about 10 deep at the ticket office.

asked about compensation for my time, inconvenience etc and was told there's money in the post today to be delivered 1st class by Royal Mail.

so not all bad.

I look forward to receiving it.
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:

The manger (Mandy I think) was chatting to us and she said that 1500 people have been affected (not sure how she arrives at this number). She is blaming Royal Mail, but I am not sure this stacks up as she also said the tickets were printed and sent out in blocks (ie Upper West Block K).

sorry but that sounds like bullshit. Firstly, I sit next to Golfie and his boy so same block and same row but Golfie is the only one to receive his ticket. Secondly, my parents sit in the same block as us but a different row and my Dad got two tickets, one for his new seat and one for the seat he had last season, same block, and my Mum received neither her new or old seat. So the Blocks thing is rubbish and sounds very much like passing the buck. Would be interested to know if a complaint has actually been made to Royal Mail.

I'd much rather they came forward, admitted the cock-up, and we move on.

• Options

I think it should be included given the price of the majority of STs.

• Options

Think it doesnt matter if you took them up on the option or not... At the end of the day it would put the decision into the Fans hands.

i.e. If someone didnt select the Recorded Delivery option and were one of the people without the Season Ticket you can then say its their fault for not taking the safer choice
  • Options
    Been to the Valley to buy direct 1 ticket for tomorrow for a friend. Queued for 51 minutes, and in front of me approximately 40 'issues' were processed in that time at the three windows that were open.
    I make that an average of 4 minutes per person/issue/transaction. the transactions including collecting one off print outs for tomorrows game.
    By that reckoning if 10 windows were available around the Valley tomorrow they would process 150 people per hour.
    If the windows are open from 10am tomorrow and working non stop until 3pm then approximately 750 people can be processed (remembering that the 4 minutes was an average).
    The club must sincerely hope that all of the reported 1500 people affected don't need sorting tomorrow, and that it doesn't also mean that queues to get through the turnstiles are not as long and as slow as they were for the West Ham friendly.
    Tomorrow is match day, today wasn't, but it took queuing 51 minutes to do a two minute transaction buying one match ticket.
    Whilst I was in the queue two ladies (one rather aged) gave up and walked away saying 'they don't deserve our support', PragueAddicks brother was there and probably witnessed that too.

Royal Mail have got a lot to answer for!
  • Options
    @seth plum - were you there with a teenage son? Your post sounds very similar to the discussion I had going on in front of me... If it was you, I was there with my ten year old son a few people behind you...
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Been to the Valley to buy direct 1 ticket for tomorrow for a friend. Queued for 51 minutes, and in front of me approximately 40 'issues' were processed in that time at the three windows that were open.
    I make that an average of 4 minutes per person/issue/transaction. the transactions including collecting one off print outs for tomorrows game.
    By that reckoning if 10 windows were available around the Valley tomorrow they would process 150 people per hour.
    If the windows are open from 10am tomorrow and working non stop until 3pm then approximately 750 people can be processed (remembering that the 4 minutes was an average).
    The club must sincerely hope that all of the reported 1500 people affected don't need sorting tomorrow, and that it doesn't also mean that queues to get through the turnstiles are not as long and as slow as they were for the West Ham friendly.
    Tomorrow is match day, today wasn't, but it took queuing 51 minutes to do a two minute transaction buying one match ticket.
    Whilst I was in the queue two ladies (one rather aged) gave up and walked away saying 'they don't deserve our support', PragueAddicks brother was there and probably witnessed that too.

Royal Mail have got a lot to answer for!

You can't assume one ticket per person in the queue - however they don't have ten windows available solely for STs, because most are required to sell match tickets in the run-up to kick-off.
  • Options
    Poor old Royal Mail - it's easy to blame them but we all know what "the cheque's in the post" invariably means. Charlton should have planned this better and got the tickets out fully two weeks before kick-off so they could manage the last minute rush properly. "Same old Charlton" was the mantra in my queue today...