Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

***Naby Sarr signed on 5 year deal*** (Ed. Gone)

Comments

• Options
    Great strength of character to survive the initial abuse and become a cult hero. Fair play to him. All the best Nabster. You’ll be missed unlike some others 
  • Options
    My favourite player since Yann  - bought a smile to my face during a terrible period for the club. He showed great character during his time here and I enjoyed watching him play. The good far outweighed the bad for me and I wish him well!
  • Options
    Until lockdown I'd have said the favourite current players in our house were Solly, Taylor, Naby, Josh Cullen and Dillon, with Darren Pratley in reserve.
    :(
    Wish Naby well, will always be welcome back at The Valley in my eyes.
  • Options
    Going to have to change my user name .... unless he resigns like Jonny last year! 
    Will leave it for the time being 
  • Options
    With a proper manager from a young age he'd have been Prem Quality. 

Feel like all the chopping and changing would have halted his development, and it shows with how much better he was under Bowyer over the past 2 years. 

Still only 27 and deserves a good long career maybe back in France. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Naby is a very large bloke with a decent of not exceptional turn of speed but a great eye for a pass and a shot.

When he first signed for us in the championship he was really young for a defender (22?) and he was dropped in it as we had little cover. 

He has over the years built a little steel into his game and this was badly needed, it still is. Too many times is he biased by players he should have in his pocket and when his assertive side finally kicks in he will be a very very good defender. Shame it will not be with us. 
  • Options
    Yes, I think posters have nailed it. Naby was entertaining. Above all, that is a real bonus for a player.
  • Options
    As said higher up the thread I'm sorry to see him go even though it was obvious he would.

He will always get a welcome at The Valley.
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Thought he was terrible at first and that day at Colchester his performance was beyond terrible. 

He went out on loan came back and I remember at Crawley in the Tinpot Cup he looked a totally different player and had filled out.

Naby then grew on me and became one of my favourite players in the current team yes he made costly mistakes Wembley, Millwall the 30 second red card. But who in this team is blameless if not making mistakes I think it’s very few of anyone.

my favourite Naby moment is QPR away having bought his goal minutes at 2 after buying  them at the same price the previous week against Hull his equaliser bought double joy.

His range of passing will be missed and as some have said if he had been tried up front at the end of the season who knows.

He leaves on good terms unlike some others 

• Options
    TS said he would try & resign Nabby if he can get the takeover done quickly.
    All pray for TS. Sod everything else, I just want Naby back!
  • Options
    TS said he would try & resign Nabby if he can get the takeover done quickly.
    With the salary cap it's impossible anyway. 
  • Options
    Sadly that is what cheats do. 
  • Options
    Naby Sarr's Charlton , got a nice ring to it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2020
    Can you give the urinals another clean Ronaldo, you missed a stain?
    Actually, it wasn’t a stain it was Matt Southall - easy mistake to make. 
  • Options
    Alan Nixon alert but

• Options
    So isnt going to Blackburn then...
    He’s such a clown Nixon
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Alan Nixon alert but

Just substitute any club for Blackburn & he's nailed it. Bloke knows nothing. 
  • Options
    Naby is coming home

TS will takeover this week and we will re sign Naby
    Have been thinking this the last few days but didn't want to say anything to jinx it. We desperately need a left-sided CB. He is one, and a very good one at League One level. Bows wanted to keep him. I still think it's more likely he goes to a Championship side, as he's good enough for that league (thought he was underutilized last season), but never say never until he's announced as having signed with someone else...